autodog 3: Frisian duck + autos

I love your grow room

@@Catb hi thanks for dropping by to see my grow room. I love it too, its made my life sunny.

If anyone is thinkin of making a grow room you need to be able to cut and fix ply wood and insulation. Build as big as you can afford. The light doesn't have to fill the whole space straight away or ever.

A tent will still probably need insulating anyway so a good self build is a better and cheaper option if space allows.

This is how the grow room is looking at the mo. I'm flowering my subbie beans by @@bill cooper. These 4 girls were started first week of march and I vegged them while flowering my DP autos. The Sweet Tooths have been no trouble at all. Grown in 10litre compost, never asked for more than 4ml per litre of bloom nutes (about 1.4 ec) to date.

Unlike the indoor autos, they dont seem to need Cal-mag supplements either. Just a few lower fading leaves, natural, and nice deep green top foliage.

The buds are forming nicely now and have just started to smell sweet.

I think this strain is from a DJ Shorts Blueberry crossed with Grapefruit, by Chimera.

@@DutchPassionTony, would this be related to the DP Blueberry?

gallery_96585_12382_355320.jpg

This is my first grow of a photo-period strain and my first regs grow too.

I prefer the gentler feel of the 12/12 lighting pattern, the gradual potting up of plants and the much lower feed mixes.

I've gone back to a mostly compost grow style too which suits me better than coco for flowering. Coco is cool but measuring and re measuring ph is not.

I still like coco for seedlings and early veg, because it seems faster.

But now I just sweeten the feed water with 2 to 3 drops of acid per liter which gives 5.8 - 6.5 ph and dont measure the ph anymore because it's too tedious for me

I'm realising that in any future indoor grows, photo period strains will be my preference over autos.

I love autos for loads of reasons, but in future they will be a mostly secondary grow to support a 12/12 main crop: warmth from the new veg room will support

lights out temps in the main grow etc.

@@autodog. Cool. My tent is inside a cupboard, which is a little smaller than yours, but I plan on converting the cupboard and use tent for drying. Plants are looking happy. Agree with what you say about coco, which I'm using for first auto grow. What compost do you use?

Hi @@Black Venus thanks for your really nice post. I like what you and 912 GreenSkell said about runts and not culling.

Shockingly I've culled 7 since I started this diary tho 4 were male regs. Sometimes on cold wet nights I get paranoid and cull if numbers go beyond my government allowance. Also I feel calmer if the plants all look good. Stunts give me a twist. But I will love them if they come. But prefer they dont.

Good luck with your grows

Edited by autodog

hey Ginger, cheers man, welcome :D

I love some of the epic diaries on uk420 like @@teehee sub tropical led grow or @@true diary, 3000w on the DP pages or 48 baby cuts by @@oldtimer1, loads more.

its cool when people put in videos and music on their diaries but im unlikely to be able to do this myself, technologically challenged

gallery_96585_12486_253476.jpg

Now its time to add another plot to my diary. Its called The China Bowl.

I started making the plot in deep hawthorn and blackthorn and brambles in early spring. It is not easily approached. I generally have to crawl in through a fox run under the fallen trees. It looked secure in early spring but now that the trees are in leaf the plot feels very well screened. It needs to be.

Rough sleeper has set up a camp only 10s of yards away. I was kind of expecting this. I thought about abandoning the plot. I haven't seen the person yet, but he or she has made a reasonable tarp shelter yet cant keep a fire going. Its been rainy. I dont think the camp is occupied every night. Bit mysterious.

The rough sleepers rarely cause trouble here but trouble follows them if a camp attracts visiting street drinkers.

I cant really moan because I am a squatter myself. I am a land thief in the Lost Lands. I fenced a big plot years ago using a technique I call Saxon fencing but it is basically using growing thorn trees and training the branches to make a boundary hedge, weaving in cut branches alive and dead, encouraging saplings and growing bought hawthorn whips by the score.

I'll show you the plot now because I may have to quit if things heat up.

gallery_96585_12382_155600.jpg

The Sweet Tooth f2 by @@bill cooper has done really well outside, loads of branches about 2ft wide and high. She's being eaten by caphids or something. Overhanging branches seem to be the problem. Planted out around April 15th. Be such a shame if I had to dig her up.

The Forest Dream, d.o.b 19th May starting to veg into the native soil. I didn't get these off to the best start. I wish I'd flowered 1 or more of these indoors.

Ive got 1 more of these in a reduced sun hours plot that's doin ok

gallery_96585_12486_338245.jpg

I love the antique stuff lying around in The Lost Lands. This china bowl is from a pre plastic age. A VP sherry bottle and a Lucozade

gallery_96585_12486_163934.jpg

gallery_96585_12382_353317.jpg

Some new summer autos thanks to Tony for these.

Im using 5l pots for veg.

I plant in the soil when the pots are rooted.

gallery_96585_12382_116445.jpg

Edited by autodog

hey Ginger, cheers man, welcome :D

I love some of the epic diaries on uk420 like @@teehee sub tropical led grow or @@true diary, 3000w on the DP pages or 48 baby cuts by @@oldtimer1, loads more.

its cool when people put in videos and music on their diaries but im unlikely to be able to do this myself, technologically challenged

Blimey Bro, that's good of you to put me on the epic list, but mine are epic for the wrong reasons :rofl:

You get maximum growing karma from me Bro! Subbed

• Like 1

Hello tee,nice to meet you. Epic by any standard but you re right, that things goin wrong make it real too. Grow karma gratefully received thanks man! Hope the sun is shining wherever you are

Blimey Bro, that's good of you to put me on the epic list, but mine are epic for the wrong reasons :rofl:

You get maximum growing karma from me Bro! Subbed

Edited by autodog

Looking good man!! Wood duck is looking great!

Hey 912 thanks man. This babe's been growing since mid feb. She's flowering big and lazy. Im impressed with the generouus size of all the Ducks. The stalks are starting to look gnarly already. The leaves have turned from glossy in veg to a coarser texture as the plants are maturing to flower. A split is growing at the base of the Wood Duck. Guess I should reinforce the joint with tape and wire before it gets windy again. Cheers the help and encouragement, the 912 Method is growing me much bigger plants than I imagined at the outset.

The Auto Frisian Dew all 3 doin great

Auto Durbans all fine and 1 each Blackberry Kush Auto and Auto Mazar

Great joy, an Auto Euphoria has sprouted, maybe 2

Will visit the China Bowl garden later to check on the Forest Dream fems and Sweet Tooths

The 4 indoor Sweet Tooth f2 under 600w hps, week 6ish.

These are looking neat, staying nice and green 5ml Canna Terra

Smell like marmalade mmmmm