autodog 3: Frisian duck + autos

@@autodog mate that is the best report I have ever read. Dude if u wrote a book I would buy it. And auto biography would be even better lol.

Love it and keep up the good work.

Ha ha thanks @@walnutpolecat. I was stuck at home yesterday. Mrs Dog had rescued a pixie who was being pecked by crows. She told me to care for it while she set about her mysterious tasks.

I popped the pixie into a cat basket and then I got well stoned smoking skrell weed from my recent auto harvest. I updated my diary, fell into a dream. Of course when I woke up there was no sign of the pixie at all.

Knowing Mrs Dog would not be pleased, I made myself scarce and went to stay at my favourite cannabis garden.

Found the pixie though! Said he prefers the Ultimate to the Night Queen.

@@912GreenSkell thanks for the reply

Hey thanks to you and your wife for the in depth buzz report on the ANQ!! Sounds like an excellent strain for times when i cant sleep!!

Funny the main reason i try not to cull unless the plant i doing Really poorly, is that some of the most potent smokes i have even grown in 20 years is from runts and mutants. A diminished yield doesn't matter to me(especially in the test garden), its all about high quality smoke.

As for Dp's germ rates i have had the same as you...100% across the board. The auto ultimate is the first DP seed i have had any issues with at all.

==================================================================================================================

Hi. No worries dude, but I need to give the ANQ and the AU a month to cure and I'll see if I can get Mrs D to update her colourful smoke report.

I'm interested to see the difference in yield, if any, between the 10litre airpots compared to 10l normal pots, and the topped vs the untopped autos.

I've started to incorporate some elements of your growstyle to my outdoor grow, a bigger dig and more thorough pre plant out topping and training.

I'm with you in thinking that topping at the right time does the autos no apparent harm, and can improve the structure

I didn't know that about the runters being special sometimes, so I'll be keeping one if I do get one. I agree that it would be well worth a diminished yield in return for something pokey and interesting so I'll give it a try.

Edited by autodog

OH yeah man a jar cure changes everything for sure. I am smoking some 6 moth cured blueberry right now and its crazy strong.

I bet you'll see quite a bit of difference in the airpots vs normal ones on the average.

One of my most potent plants ever was a mutant, thins is going back around 18-20 years ago...the NL#5 seedling looked so bizarre, all twisted and distorted right from birth. I had an extra spot and no plant so i said screw it, and threw it in. Though she was a tiny yield(i think i might have got around 2 oz in a limited light spot), that plant stacked on more crystal than anything else that season, and in fact it packed on more crystal than i have even seen on a NL#5. I was accused of lacing it with some chemical when i smoked it with a guy, it was so damned potent. Since then i try not to cull unless i run out of space and have nowhere good to put a plant. And this is funny...2 years ago and again last year, the DP blueberries i grew were the smallest plants, when i planted them in the garden. Early veg stage size doesn't mean a whole lot sometimes i guess!

I do believe that topping or fimming autos can be done successfully, but i would just do heavy LST training in open canopy training style. You can get nearly the same results as topping without losing the main cola, and certainly less stress. Thats the method i used on my best outdoor auto to date a 100gram auto blue mammoth(barneys farm) even with only 7 hours of direct sunlight. Get the best of both worlds. Now photos...4 true node topping and spead 'em out and you'll get awesome plants as long as the root base can support the size(bigger holes...right on!).

Good stuff man! Hope it all works out great for you!

Thanks for the advice man, I'm glad of it because this is the first time I've really tried to organise an outdoor grow.

I've prepared the Ducks for training from the start by topping to the 4th node and they're nice and bushy now with lots of branches

(except for Bramble Duck).

So basically now training like an indoor photo plant.

I've got 1 mini monster plot fenced off now aprox 4'×4' with decent lookin soil, and medium to good light and wind shelter.

A cloned Duck with good branching has just gone into the plot, ready to spread her roots through the loose soil.

I need to alter the

rabbit mesh fencing around the 50l Duck and the Wood Duck to allow for spreading and training 912 style.

Forest Dream

2 are vegging in 1l pots atm, could do with potting up, I'm training these to grow in an arch before planting out

1 is a natural double header without being topped, just hatched that way. She's gone into a mini gorilla plant out, semi trained.

Its a bit shady there at times.

Auto Frisian Dew

2 are doing really well, trained auto style in 6l airpots and compost, looking vigourous. 1 is small but neat.

All are very green.

Auto Durban Poison

3 all ok, still in coco starter pots, about a week old

:oldtoker:

Excellent!! Look forward to seeing the progress!

For the future. Try to top at 4 nodes as soon as you can when they are small. That way you can do early training when the branches are small and very bendable, which makes direction manipulation easy. Here is a pic of my duck after open canopy training at 35 days. I ran out of room in my stealth cab so i couldn't tie her down until the day of the pic, but i did top her at 4 true nodes(ignoring and cutting off the lowest branch set that grows on the first single set of leaves)

Frisian Duck Day 35

Just to show excellent examples of Open Canopy training here is a pic of this years passion #1 before training:

UNtrained Passion #1 Day 35

Immediately after training:

Trained Passion #1 Day 35

Its all about light penetration and sun exposure. The more leaves that can accept the sun instead of being shaded out by a dense canopy, just means there is more growth going on within the plant. As long as your root base can expand enough through loose well balanced soil, boom!!

Great advice, cheers 912 :D . I'm finding the outdoor growing completely absorbing now. My mind is constantly returning to plants, training, plots and security. Its been an unbelievable amount of work to get this going, but very satisfying. Ive got 3 plots about 4'x4' to grow 3 mini monsters, one will be a Forest Dream

.@@912GreenSkell how big do autos grow outdoors in your enviro? Im planning my plant out for these atm. I only have experience of growing them under lights so far.

Great advice, cheers 912 :D . I'm finding the outdoor growing completely absorbing now. My mind is constantly returning to plants, training, plots and security. Its been an unbelievable amount of work to get this going, but very satisfying. Ive got 3 plots about 4'x4' to grow 3 mini monsters, one will be a Forest Dream

.@@912GreenSkell how big do autos grow outdoors in your enviro? Im planning my plant out for these atm. I only have experience of growing them under lights so far.

Yeah there is something about growing under the big light in the sky that is quite satisfying!! 4'X4' holes will put out some great plants!! IN my test garden the holes are around that size, and with an April the 1st start i have no problem pulling out 8oz despite the limited 7 hours of sun.

Most autos stay a fairly normal size in my location, but this is the first year i am dropping autos into my full sun garden instead of the test garden(only 7 hours of sun) So far my smallest auto is a Afghan Kush Ryder at 30cm(14"). My largest was an auto blue mammoth from barneys farm that grew huge measuring at 51" long(100+cm) on the main stalk, and side branches were 36"(70cm). She put out 100 grams on the knuckle, despite the limited sun(7hours).

That's good news on the autos then. I should be able to keep them in the garden if I keep them low. Cheers man. Your plants are lookin great!

I abandoned a nearby plot on Sunday. I had a nagging doubt about its security, fearing that it could be discovered by rough

sleepers. The plot is also hard for me to access, sited in a sunny, concealed corner of an old chalk pit.

I cleared 8'×8' plot and used 3 old 25 litre plastic chain oil drums, and 1x 50l section of a fuel drum, without bases, dug 6" into the ground. I estimated that they would need water in a dry spell.

I had imported about 120 litres of Homebase compo for the project

I chose to grow Purple Marocs at this site because they were recommended last year for gurilla style growing.

Started indoors in march, planted out in the middle of april, about 12" high, hardened off, and untopped or trained. In cages.

Visited the site at the start of may, the pots weren't dry and the plants had grown tall and lean. I topped them.

My last visit on sunday,

I crawled through the shrubbery and scrambled down the steep slope hauling a 10 litre can of water and feed. The plants didn't look good. Native foliage of ivy and nettles had grown too close to the cages. All had suffered from nibbling insects and many leaves were ragged.The tallest plant was 3' high but no branches, just fan leaves. 2 others weren't much better.

1 plant looked like it would've been good, with decent branching, but I didn't want to keep it.

I decided to rip them there and then, the same cold feeling I recalled when I culled my male Sweet Tooths

In a few seconds, weeks of work and loving creation destroyed.

I felt terrible for a moment until I realised that the weeds in my hand still had a very small root ball, though they were all 2 to 3ft tall.

If I'd trained them and done things better...

I feel good having one less plot to worry about.

There is 1 remaining outland plot, The China Bowl. Prime Gurilla real eastate, 6'×6', good soil and light

Presently 1 occuppant, a Sweet Tooth F2 growing well

That's good news on the autos then. I should be able to keep them in the garden if I keep them low. Cheers man. Your plants are lookin great!

I abandoned a nearby plot on Sunday. I had a nagging doubt about its security, fearing that it could be discovered by rough

sleepers. The plot is also hard for me to access, sited in a sunny, concealed corner of an old chalk pit.

I cleared 8'×8' plot and used 3 old 25 litre plastic chain oil drums, and 1x 50l section of a fuel drum, without bases, dug 6" into the ground. I estimated that they would need water in a dry spell.

I had imported about 120 litres of Homebase compo for the project

I chose to grow Purple Marocs at this site because they were recommended last year for gurilla style growing.

Started indoors in march, planted out in the middle of april, about 12" high, hardened off, and untopped or trained. In cages.

Visited the site at the start of may, the pots weren't dry and the plants had grown tall and lean. I topped them.

My last visit on sunday,

I crawled through the shrubbery and scrambled down the steep slope hauling a 10 litre can of water and feed. The plants didn't look good. Native foliage of ivy and nettles had grown too close to the cages. All had suffered from nibbling insects and many leaves were ragged.The tallest plant was 3' high but no branches, just fan leaves. 2 others weren't much better.

1 plant looked like it would've been good, with decent branching, but I didn't want to keep it.

I decided to rip them there and then, the same cold feeling I recalled when I culled my male Sweet Tooths

In a few seconds, weeks of work and loving creation destroyed.

I felt terrible for a moment until I realised that the weeds in my hand still had a very small root ball, though they were all 2 to 3ft tall.

If I'd trained them and done things better...

I feel good having one less plot to worry about.

There is 1 remaining outland plot, The China Bowl. Prime Gurilla real eastate, 6'×6', good soil and light

Presently 1 occuppant, a Sweet Tooth F2 growing well

Friggin insects...unfortunately i believe our insects are different than yours. Figure its slugs? Perhaps diomascus earth? Damn sorry for your problems.

Friggin insects...unfortunately i believe our insects are different than yours. Figure its slugs? Perhaps diomascus earth? Damn sorry for your problems.

Hey dude, not slugs this time, but those critters are back with a vengeful attitude this spring. I think the culprits are whatever bugs like to live around nettles that are too close. thanks for your concern man, but it's no big deal now I've got over my paranoia and disappointment. Hope your back is holding up man.

I skulked back to the site after 3 days and salvaged some kit and 2 plants from the wreckage. The best one should make good and maybe the other too! I cut them back down to 6" and popped them into 5litre pots of coco, start again. They,re looking better now.

A new Duck in an antique artillery wheel rim for training purposes

gallery_96585_12382_140192.jpg

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=360547'>gallery_96585_12382_22771.jpg[/url

The a fris dew have rooted their 6l airpots look full of life,

the Forest Dreams now topped and in 6l airpots and coco.

The baby Auto Durbans, 1 potted up, 2 still in starter pots. Not as quick as the a fris dew to take off but looking good

Edited by autodog

Looking excellent bud! Very nice healthy looking plants, and loving the leaned back training!!..whats the age on the auto frisian dew, she looks exceptional!! It looks like the forest dream is wanting some feed high in nitrogen.

Hey 912, the auto frissies are about 22 days shown above. these girls are doing well. Yes the Forest Dream look pale and I'm still trying to green them up a week later.

Here are some pics I took yesterday. Following my poor first grilla plant out with the Purple Marocs, I've put some effort into preparing the plants better with training and

making the new sites a bit easier for me to access. The undergrowth has got pretty impenetratable round here.

gallery_96585_12382_233969.jpg

The Artillery Duck gallery_96585_12382_501314.jpg

This is annother Duck cutting trained gallery_96585_12382_291199.jpg

to spread 912 style. Both a good 2 feet across.

gallery_96585_12382_15924.jpg

The Bramble Duck recovered much from rabbit attack. The Ducks generally lookin very strong and suited to growing wild with sufficient protection.

Slug pellet are part of my daily kit, a few at a time. They are needed for the potted plants, as well as those in the ground

He[RL=http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?app=galleryℑ=362744]gallery_96585_12382_168710.jpg[/url]

Here's my pin up girl, the 50litre Duck.

The more mature Ducks are now producing beautiful fan leaves. They appear flame like reaching up.

Becoming more pointed like tridents, wild and aggressive.

Doesn't need much watering, the big pot seems to collect the rain water well enough. This is how I made the pot

gallery_96585_12486_281320.jpg

Smoking the auto harvest.... the Ultimate is a lovely smoke, sunny, bright high, sociable and good for a laugh. I smoke this in the afternoon if I'm not too busy, and in the evening too....the Night Queen...wow she is very strong. 1 spliff per night. This is narcotic and I'm frankly amazed that I can grow such powerful medicine

on my own, very low tech grow.

Meanwhile, the action is all outside now except for my 4 Sweet Tooth flowering under 600w, about week 3. This is my last indoor grow for a while. I'm lookin forward to switching off the lights and fans.

In early veg in pots outside, Auto Durban Poison.

In starter pots, one each of Auto Mazar, Auto Blackberry Kush and Auto Euphoria, just breaking the soil.

Great happiness to have such fabulous variety to enjoy.

Thanks to uk420 and Dutch Passion Tony

Edited by autodog

good to see the Duck cuttings doing as well as the seed grown ones. Should be a good summer :-)

Beautiful growing bud! Great looking plant...auto frisian's are growing good for day 31! Training looks damn near identical to mine!