Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

Not a film but...

I really enjoyed 3 body problem on Netflix!

Great story, good cast and just very good sci-fi if that's your thing!

Can't wait for series 2!!

2 minutes ago, Giventofry said:

Not a film but...

Then why post it here like a divvy cunt when there's a 290 page thread dedicated to TV series? :unsure:

• Haha 1

@Saddam

Because there was lots of Sci fi films being talked about,  3 sum is Sci fi, I just finished it so I mentioned it.

Sorry for being off topic!!

• Like 2

Dark Waters. 2019 legal thriller based on real events starring Mark Ruffalo as Robert Bilott, the attorney who uncovered the DuPont scandal. Excellent, a damning indictment of the greed of the chemical industry (and perhaps more relevant now as the dangers of microplastics are becoming more apparent, something we'll probably discover that the chemical industry has known about for decades and been suppressing, like all the other toxic shit they've covered up over the years and decades :( ).

• Like 1

The Killer. David Fincher's latest on Netflix. It's David Fincher so of course it's well directed, and it's got Michael Fassbender and Tilda Swinton so of course it's well acted, but I just didn't feel it amounted to much or went anywhere interesting I'm afraid.

Bull. British revenge thriller. Neil Maskell is on top form doing what he does better than pretty much anyone, being quietly terrifying. It's fucking brutal, if you liked Dead Man's Shoes and Kill List then it's probably for you, if you didn't then it probably isn't lol

• Like 3

The wife and I watched On The Waterfront last night. Can't see what all the fuss is about, Brando even won an Oscar for a pretty lame performance, Karl Marlden's character was far better.

Edited by Pepe Ramon
  • Like 2

Bande a part (1964). Low budget french new wave movie. Watched this because Tarantino named it as one of his favourite movies. Now I know where he got the Pulp Fiction diner scene from, the more I dig into classic and cult movies the more I realize how unoriginal Tarantino is

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pepe Ramon said:

The wife and I watched On The Waterfront last night. Can't see what all the fuss is about, Brando even won an Oscar for a pretty lame performance, Karl Marlden's character was far better.

Aye, in the famous "Could have been a contender." speech he puts the emphasis on the wrong word, when he says "I coulda been somebody." he puts the emphasis on the somebody when it should be on the been. One of the most overrated actors ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shogun said:

Bande a part (1964). Low budget french new wave movie. Watched this because Tarantino named it as one of his favourite movies. Now I know where he got the Pulp Fiction diner scene from, the more I dig into classic and cult movies the more I realize how unoriginal Tarantino is

Aye, and if you read the work of the late, great Elmore Leonard you'll see where he stole most of his dialogue from.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Boojum said:

if you read the work of the late, great Elmore Leonard

same when he died, Justified went to shit with no decent writing to use

On 02/04/2024 at 15:53, Boojum said:

The Wailing. South Korean horror/mystery. It's long, 2 and a half hours, but a lot better than most American horror I've watched recently (goes for a lot of Korean movies & TV I've watched recently, there's a lot more originality and imagination than in the dross Hollywood is churning out).

Can't get enough of South Korea. I'd recommend The Glory and My Name if you haven't already

• Like 1

I watched Carmen the other night,

but since I was tripping on mushrooms,

I decided to listen to some random techno Dj mix instead of trying to follow the film.

I’m not gonna claim that they matched up,

but since there’s loads of dancing in the film it was really cool.

Visually stunning film.

Atb

☯️

Apologies, this isn't my last watched movie but I didn't want to start another thread.

I, Tonya is on later, I thought it was superb, Allison Janney in particular is brilliantly monstrous as Tonya's mum (for which she rightly won the best supporting actress Oscar). BBC2 11:05 (I assume it will be on the iplayer after) :)

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Villains. It's billed as a black comedy but it's not particularly funny. It's not terrible, just meh, another in the 'home invasion gone wrong' genre that seems to be popular but nothing really to distinguish it, waste of a good cast.

Stan Helsing. I watched this movie purely because it was on, it was late and I was too stoned to hunt for the remote. What a bad movie. The people who made this movie must have paid a small fortune for the rights to use Freddy Krueger, Leather face etc and this is what they came up with. 1/10 because it drowned out the sound of a late night drinking session next door.

Edited by Shogun