Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

13 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Watched withnail & i again, still 10/10

:yinyang:

Withnail & I is about to get a 4K UHD upgrade. I'm looking forward to a rewatch.

• Like 1
  • WOW 1

@Shogun thanks for posting that I didn't know, and when I went to look I discovered that they were releasing Basket Case on 4K UHD too! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GSZZ said:

@Shogun thanks for posting that I didn't know, and when I went to look I discovered that they were releasing Basket Case on 4K UHD too! :D

I have Basket Case pre-ordered, fucking love that movie. Arrow Video have been quite shambolic since thier corporate takeover but thier recent 4K releases top every other label. The Bruce Lee Collection, The Psycho Collection, The Conan Chronicles, The Warriors all top notch releases.

• Like 1

Nobody. Bob Odenkirk does John Wick (it's written by the same people). 80 minutes of action that fill the time entertainingly enough, but that you'll probably forget the minute the end titles are over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damsel,

with the wee girl(now young lady) from Stranger Things :) 

Ray Winstone is in it too.

Do you like Dragons?

Atb

☯️

3 minutes ago, Shumroom said:

Damsel,

Watched that as well .... it wasn't a bad watch.

Old Ray hanging in there ... 🦖

• Like 1

Dune: Part 2.   Pretty fucking decent bit of movie making right there, difficult to put into words just how well put together everything is, especially the sound. A great experience. :yep:  

Scoop lol  While not technically a comedy, it definitely made me laugh out loud a few times. 

• Like 4

The Dark House. Pretty decent haunted house (sort of) movie, good creepy atmosphere and not over-reliant on jump scares. Nice to have an American supernatural horror that isn't about exorcism :yawn:

Dark Waters was a solid recommendation. Thanks @Boojum  I'd not seen it before but it's definitely a story which needed to be told and is pretty flawlessly executed. 

• Like 1

Knox Goes Away - A hitman diagnosed with an aggressive form of dementia has to tie up a few loose ends, it was kinda meh. Maybe I just expected too much given Michael Keaton's illustrious career, he both stars and directs.

Incidentally, I watched Beetlejuice last week and had a really good time, I hope the new one is good but after seeing an almost endless stream of shitty reboots I'm a bit worried Beetlejuice is about to get raped in the same manner as Indiana Jones. 

Edited by Saddam

9 hours ago, Saddam said:

Incidentally, I watched Beetlejuice last week and had a really good time, I hope the new one is good but after seeing an almost endless stream of shitty reboots I'm a bit worried Beetlejuice is about to get raped in the same manner as Indiana Jones. 

Aye, me too, not least because (with a few exceptions) Tim Burton seems to have forgotten how to make a decent movie :sadwalk:  Dumbo, Dark Shadows, Alice in Wonderland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, going back to Planet of the Apes, all utter self-indulgent garbage. Hope he rediscovers his early brilliance.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Saddam said:

Incidentally, I watched Beetlejuice last week

Heh me an the mrs watched that about a month ago forgot how entertainin it was 

I have my reservations about the new one hope its decent

• Like 1

The head shrinking gag is one of the best set-ups and payoffs in movie history. lol   Just amazing. 

• Haha 1