Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

In The Land Of Saints And Sinners 

1974. An IRA cell retreats to rural Donegal after a car bombing in Belfast. Liam Neeson deals with the situation with trademark grim determination. Nothing special, but a solid supporting cast and scenery. Low 7

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

U571 

It looked promising for a few minutes but then the Hollywood thing happens. 

I nearly made it to the end 4/10

Last film I stopped to watch was on the night of my birthday,

last Sunday. Wanted it to be a good'n. So, I went to my Special Reserve of a dozen I keep on the shelf. Few caught my eye. But, it really just had to be .....

The Kingdom (2007)  :notworthy:Fuck, Yeah!!! :D

It simply Never lets one down! Brilliant film!

Anyone else seen it? (No Spoilers, please!)

The Night Porter (1974) - Some weird and controversial movies came out of Italy in the 70s and this one is right up there. An abusive sadomasochistic relationship between an SS officer and a Jewish pow in a Nazi concentration camp picks up exactly where it left off when the couple randomly bump into each other 15 years after the war.  6/10

• 2 weeks later...

'Self Reliance' (2023)

Bloke played by the actor who's name I forget has boring life. Is invited to participate in 'dark web gameshow'. Things happen.

Think it's a metaphor for pandemic lockdown, in a way, ish - the need for connection?......and, it's watch-able. Quite good, s'pose, but not life changing.

7.5/10.

Finch (2021)

A bitter sweet, saddening yet beautiful look into the human and animal spirit, and the need to overcome ones own self even through the adversity and strife of the unknown

TL;DR - Its Castaway through the eyes of the ball

8/10 - The dog doesnt die

Edge Of Darkness (2010 edition)

Having watched the original, 1985, series ~ which I now have on DVD, and it Still works! I'd suggest ye either find That, kick back and enjoy over five hours of what bbc used to do so well.

Or, if ye just feel like looking at Mel Gibson in just another, completely unremarkable and unmemorable, 'American' ..... No. I'm sorry. I've lost any will to go on. Up to you.

Original's fucking good though!

Watched a good one on Netflix the other night . Calibre it’s called deffo worth watching . Glad my deer shooting goes a lot smoother than there’s lol 

1 hour ago, Devon Cream said:

Watched a good one on Netflix the other night . Calibre it’s called deffo worth watching . Glad my deer shooting goes a lot smoother than there’s lol 

Watched it the other week. The deer in the scope scene is fucked up and the end scene is dark as hell. Good movie.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shogun said:

Watched it the other week. The deer in the scope scene is fucked up and the end scene is dark as hell. Good movie.

That’s the only bit that let it down the scope scene. A human would never be that close to a deer period. Still a good film tho.

Edited by Devon Cream
  • Like 1

Just watched the 4K UHD upgraded Conan the Barbarian. Forgot just how good that movie is. Extra scenes too. 10/10. Now for The Destroyer.

• Like 2

On 06/01/2024 at 00:56, Chal said:

The Kingdom (2007)  :notworthy:Fuck, Yeah!!! :D

It simply Never lets one down! Brilliant film!

Anyone else seen it? (No Spoilers, please!)

At first glance I thought you were referring to the excellent Lars Von Trier hospital miniseries but then I noticed the year 2007. Surely you're not on about that shitty  "action" movie set in Saudi Arabia?