Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

Infinity (2023). A not vey successful writer and his wife holiday in a gated resort on fictional totalitarian island. Things get nasty and weird and trippy and nastier! If Ben Wheatley was given creative control of The White Lotus, you might end up with something like this.

Reality (2023).  Reality Winner was a 25 year old security analyst who one day in 2017 arrived home to find the FBI waiting with a warrant to search her house. This film, originally a stage play, is a recreation of what ensued. The script is a verbatim recreation of the FBI recording, with most of the "action" taking place in a dingy spare room, where Reality is gently but persistently interrogated. Beneath the veneer of civility and urbanity of the interrogators lies intimidation and menace - the iron fist in the velvet glove.

Gran Turismo (2023)

Dramatises the true story of Jann Mardenborough, a Gran Turismo gamer born in Darlington, who beat 90,000 other gamers in a competition to have the chance to become a real racing driver for Nissan, and remarkably, actually achieved a 3rd place finish at the Le Mans 24 hour in Nissan's LMP2 category team.

Could have been great but they felt the need to massively over exaggerate what was already an amazing achievement in itself which ruined it for me. Some good racing sequences though and Mardenborough actually plays his own stunt driver in the movie.

• Like 2

I want to watch the TV series Loki cos I've heard it's fun, so I decided I should watch some of the movies with him in first for backstory. Put Avengers Infinity War on last night. Turned it off after enduring an hour of it. Absolute fucking garbage. I'll still watch Loki but I'm not sitting through any more of the movies :nea:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Shaunx said:

Gran Turismo (2023)

Agree, it was a good film ... racing scene were cool .... however using some game footage in race scenes spoilt it for me, I get why ... he's a gamer, and he sees it through gamer eyes, and it was used as a good edit point .... did love how they did the take-off scene, and it's an inspirational story for our young.

Also watched another racing film this week .... OVERHAUL 2023 (subtitled)

A Brazilian film about a truck racing team that's cash strapped who get into crime to pay their way. Not a great film, but it's worth watching for the trucks racing and heists.

Also watched .... Scooby-Doo! And Krypto, Too! 2023

It was fun to watch:) .... not a bad job on the vocals, they mostly sounded like I remember, wouldn't it be great if your dog was like Scooby :woot:

Edited by handysmoker
scooby edit

1 hour ago, handysmoker said:

Not a great film, but it's worth watching for the trucks racing and heists.

Isn’t this what they’re hoping for?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Just watched The Favourite. A tale of scheming and manipulation in the court of Queen Anne, blackly comic, sly, witty and grotesque. Emma Stone and Rachel Weisz are both excellent and the always superb Olivia Colman gives IMHO one of her best performances as Queen Anne, childishly petulant yet also tragic and even pitiable. Darkly brilliant.

• Like 2

Beau is Afraid (2023) - surreal arthouse psychodrama with Joachim Phoenix. Sometimes this sort of thing works, sometimes it doesn't.

TBH, an average episode of Monk has more to say about anxiety than this 3 hr wankfest. :thumbdown:

Just watched Babarian. Another one to add to the ever growing list of movies that the critics rated but I can't for the life of me understand why. OK, it was decently directed, Zach Cregger manages to create a creepy, ominous atmosphere. But the plot (and I use the term loosely) is just complete and utter arse gravy that just gets sillier and more nonsensical as it goes along. I think perhaps armed with a decent, coherent plot Cregger could make a good horror film, but this ain't it. Disappointed, was expecting something much, much better (or at least halfway decent) :sadwalk:

Edited by Boojum

8 hours ago, Boojum said:

utter arse gravy

You have a way with the English language ..... very elegant :)

I got you beat ..... new transformers film ..... fucking arse gravy on steroids ..... oh why did I watch it .... the format is exactly the same as the other transformer films ..... don't waste 2hrs of your life.:wallbash:

• Like 1

The Kill Room. Some poorly written shite about a struggling art dealer laundering money for a firm, absolute garbage with Uma Thurman and Samuel L Jackson. 

Retribution. Some more poorly written shite which was so predictable it beggars belief, with Liam Neeson. 

I watch this shite so you don't have to. lol  

• Like 1

Candyman (2021).

Pants. Watch the original instead (and read Clive Barker's original short story The Forbidden).

AIR 

... about the rise of NIKE off the Jordan shoe. 

I watched this because I enjoyed the Brad Pitt movie MoneyBall

great for business minded folk who like motivation / success stories. 

Moneyball is better though! 

• Like 1

Tried to watch A Quiet Place. Again. I've tried a few times because it's widely rated well but I'm kinda obsessive about details and I just can't get past the gaping plot holes.

Edited by Boojum

Just watched The Last Duel. Kinda Ridley Scott (and writers Matt Damon and Ben Affleck) doing a social commentary on male power and misogyny in a medieval setting in the style of Rashomon. Rashomon is by far the better film (obviously, it's one of Kurosawa's undoubted masterpieces), but I thought it was decent enough, the period detail is good and the titular duel is well staged.

• Like 2