Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

The Menu. Very silly and not entirely successful in what it was trying to do/say but I enjoyed it, some bits (particularly in the first half) were hilarious.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

My next watched movie is apocalypse now

Hope you got a good sound system with bass .... excellent film ..... might watch it again myself just for the helicopters scenes :woot:

• Like 1

The Mill - a corporate drone wakes up in a bleak prison courtyard with only a heavy grindstone for company.

Decent little B movie. Not particularly original or mind-blowing, but watchable. 6/10

Last Night In Soho.

Flix. Watched it the other night. So, so, really :| Made more palatable by the rather nice lead girl. He sort of 'co star', as it were, was the girl from Queens Gambit. (Now, that Was a cracker, wasn't it?!)

Soho could've been a tad shorter, to be honest. Nothing much to write home about. But, at least I managed to sit through it. So much of what I glance at, on flix, lately is So fucking shoving their agenda down our throats, I just see where it's going, from the off, and drop it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just pored a 3 or 4 shot of morangie..... gonna watch THE SERVANT... dirk bogarde... ill give it a rating at dawn if I'm still awake :beer:

Mesrine: Killer Instinct   - quality French movie with a very alternative style action,  based on a real criminal's life.
(someone earlier in the thread recommended it so I'm putting it forward) 

might watch part 2 tomorrow 

• Like 3

The Great Escaper. :notworthy: Sir Michael Caine, John Standing and Glenda Jackson's performances are brilliant as is the story. RIP Glenda Jackson :blub: 

The Last Rifleman. Basically the same story as The Great Escaper but with Pierce Brosnan playing a NI WWII veteran. Not nearly as good. 

• Like 3

The Royal Hotel. Two young female Canadian backpackers run out of money while doing Australia and end up working in an outback miners pub. What could possible go wrong?

Not as gruesome as the classic Aussie alcho-horror, Wake in Fright, but worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

Just now, Simple Jack said:

The Royal Hotel.

I thought it was fucking awful. lol  Poorly written, totally pointless and somewhat insulting to Australians by portraying that drunken, letchy stereotype across several characters.  Imagine a feature length version of Crocodile Dundee where Mick never left the pub. lol

A waste of talented actors, especially Julia Garner.  The only good thing about it was Hugo Weaving.  Otherwise it's wank. 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:02 PM, Axiom said:

Mesrine: Killer Instinct   - quality French movie with a very alternative style action,  based on a real criminal's life.
(someone earlier in the thread recommended it)

'Mey Rey'!!! Fuck, Yeah!!!  :thumsup:

And that guy who plays him? Charisma?!? I fucking Defy ye to take ye eyes off him! :D Just something about the guy and he's got Shit Loads of it!

Actually ~ in a vaguely similar vein? ' Leon ~ The Directors Cut  '! As, I'm sure, anyone else who's seen it will agree: Until ye've seen That? Ye haven't Really seen " Leon " at all! :yes:

• Like 2

This Halloween, me and my mate were watching some horror films and I decided to give Scream 5 a go since it was finally on Netflix. When it came out I had heard it was dogshit, but my mate had watched it before and told me it was alright, so I decided to give it 10 minutes.

Needless to say, me and my friend took more joy from taking the piss out of the film than the film itself. As the film stands: it was boring, incredibly predictable (I figured out who the killers were in the first 10 minutes of the film), not scary at all, soulless and very cliched. The cherry on-top is that it stars Dylan Minnette, whose bread and butter is apparently being the high school teenager in literally every fucking high school film made in the last 7 years. The film overall is just a novelty; "Oh look, we've casted Jenny Ortega as one of the main characters, and it's also the first Scream in like 10 years, and the cast from the previous films will be returning, oh and guess who... Dylan Minnette..."  

Scream 5 with friends whilst partially drunk can be a 10/10, but Scream 5 on it's own? about a 3/10.

• Like 1