In the night garden...

botanics

Seen folk have some good results mainlining and started training my OA to try the technique.

She didn't respond well to it tbh slowing right down to a stand-still and reverting back to 3 bladed leaves untill I abandoned it and let her recover.

In my opinion you would be much better off just topping and lst'ing like normal especially if your in a hurry.

The only real benefit to mainlining I can see is a more even plant.

ATB - iBD :yinyang:

Edited by iBD
  • Like 2

@ I agree mate, I haven't really got the time to mainline and don't want to rush that, then only to get under developed leaders, it's the evenness you say that appeals to me the most with that technique, no matter though just do it on the next run of beans I do. I'll be topping/supercropping etc for these now :yep:

• Like 3

From the little I have seen on the forum mainlining does take some time and a lot of patience. I would either fim or top them mate especially if you want a pre-xmas chop :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

Day 34 20/4

Hi peeps, just a quick mid week mini photo update to show how the girls are progressing, all have now been transplanted but as can be seen some are a little in front of the others, the three that were transplanted last week (BK3, BK5 & SA4) are starting to pick up pace now that the Miccos are getting on with their work, I have decided though that this Verve I'm using is very slow on the nutrient release so I will be supplementing all of these now at each watering with a small feed of 1ml/L of my grow nutes for a week and increasing by half a mil there after (I'm aware that this is pushing it a bit and may get some burn but to be honest past grow experience is telling me these girls will be all the better for it as long as I keep an eye out). I plan on getting these down and dried for crimbo so only looking at a couple to three weeks before the 12/12 switch hence my eagerness to get them vegged.

First pic is group shot

med_gallery_13604_11040_432944.jpg

and another angle

med_gallery_13604_11040_435417.jpg

and the 'goer' of the Blue Kushes taking a shot of the tight internodal spacing on her, Indica coming through on this girl for sure and is the one that is bottom left in the picture above (BK3)

med_gallery_13604_11040_399267.jpg

All in all I'm pleased that they are quickening up and I feel given the boost they will now get things will start to change quickly from now on in.

Thanks for all the comments and keep em coming guys 'n gals, questions etc :yep:

@@Dinafem-Mark

Couple of q's mate really :-

1 - What's the lineage on the Blue Kushes mate, average number of phenotypes and Indica/Sat %'s ?

2 - As above but for the Strawberry Amnesias too?

3 - And what's their general responses to topping from your experience ?

• Like 4

I have given mainlining a try this time and in my xp it only takes 2 weeks after the seedling has 3 nodes around 2 weeks after germination and potted up from a 1L pot into final 6.5L's to get the plant to the point where its basically done, I top at the third node it took about 5 days until the tops could be tied down, remover all lower growth leave 2 days until the tops reach the edge of the pots after tiring down, top these leave a further week these new tops will be around 3-4 inches long tie down top again and leave to veg untill flower prob another 2 weeks takes around 6 weeks :)

I must admit though I've just switched to pm nite with bio silicon and granules and I've never had plants grow so fast or recover after tipping so fast if I'm honest that bio silicon is like roids for plants :)

ATB GREEN

• Like 3

Looking good mate and I'm glad they are picking up the pace a bit now :yep:

Will be especial interested in the Blue Kush, might run it too at some point.

I have been wondering about phenos too, have an Original Amnesia at wk3. No way I have the super long flowerer, just looks like a standard 9-10 weeker but we'll see!

ATB - iBD :yinyang:

• Like 2

@@greenfingers1987

Yeah I've noticed on a lot of diaries that Bio Silicon is being used, if it's like roids to them then might be worth me popping to the grow shop tomorrow, see if they have some some, never was about the last time I was growing, how fast this game moves on mate aye, it's like a new world now and I only gave up in 09 lol. The mainline mate I'm going to leave, perhaps I'll do it on the subbie beans I asked for when signing up (F2 Smile by Madgiz), fingers crossed I get em as that was first choice and I know they won't be there long! Hope to run those in the new year and will document the grow too ;)

@

Thanks bud, means a lot as I've been suffering in confidence with these to begin with, but reckon I'm on top of where things haven't been going to well. The Blue Kush mate I think I might have a couple of phenos and this BK3 she's a strong one, very Indica leaning, tight nodes, typical tough Indica leaves and a good strong stem, aye she will be cloned as I would like to run some clones of her, perhaps I will clone another of the Kushes too, but waiting to see at the moment. Of the SA's, even though SA4 has been the 'performer' of the three that remain, I really do fancy SA5 to be the keeper out of them, admittedly she wasn't the quickest out of the blocks, but she's been steady, not too leggy and has a good shape about her if you know what I mean, be nice to have a long haze type flowerer but I'm getting impatient and want to get these new jars I bought filled up lol

• Like 4

I know what you mean about thongs changing, a mag hid light cost a fortune and the only supplement I ever used in coco or hydro was carbo load as bud candy was extortionate lol

Funny really I grew coco and hydro years ago before I ever grew soil now I love it, nearly switched back to hydro but I love the weed I grow in soil TBH its the best I've grown or smoked, yields are a little lower but got no interest in chasing numbers now a days I love the simplicity of soil and the end product with organic soil grow is second to none IMO

you wont be disappointed with bio silicon bud its great

ATB GREEN

lol thongs they have gotten smaller, obviously I meant things pmsl :)

• Like 2

Ill try my best to answer mate.

Our blue kush is a x between a old blueberry strain we have had for many years x,d to a elite og kush. Im not exactly sure what og cut was used but can ask. There are 4 phenos of the bk I have seen 2 have quite a stretch atleast 2.5x with one very blueberry the other still blueberry dominant with a kush kick. The smaller, chunkier phenos both had a 1.5x stretch and both more kush dominant :)..

The sa ive seen 3 phenos on uk420 ill see if I can find the threads. 2 were 10 weeks another 14 weeks.

Both strains will respond very will to topping etc :)

Hope this helps a little?.

Thank you for the pictures very much appreciated :)

All the best

D-M..

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

@@greenfingers1987

Oh mate fast changing's not the words, either that or I'm getting old! lol With you on the soil grown, seems to have more complexed flavours (well, my past experience over a mate's hydro with the same pheno clones)

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks Mark for the response and answers mate, helps me a lot now that I'm getting to the point of planning the switch times :yep:: reckon the BK3 is one of those more Kushy phenos, along with BK5 but the others different, we''ll see in the next few weeks, every day now though they are picking up, what do you think mate, any areas I could improve with them etc?

Edited by botanics
  • Like 2

lol feel like I'm only getting older but think or hope faster movements in electrical tech with LED digi ballasts, gravitas etc... and the nite ranges now are insane they were pretty good 10 years ago but most are money spinners, there are also loads more hydro shops about now also :)

ATB GREEN

• Like 2

@@greenfingers1987

Oh mate fast changing's not the words, either that or I'm getting old! lol With you on the soil grown, seems to have more complexed flavours (well, my past experience over a mate's hydro with the same pheno clones)

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks Mark for the response and answers mate, helps me a lot now that I'm getting to the point of planning the switch times :yep:: reckon the BK3 is one of those more Kushy phenos, along with BK5 but the others different, we''ll see in the next few weeks, every day now though they are picking up, what do you think mate, any areas I could improve with them etc?

So far mate your doing a great job :) there is always more we can do in a garden but things so far look very well.

I might up the feed in a week or so when they go into full rapid veg :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 2

Seems like you have things sorted. Looking sweet.

All of a sudden my 4 cm don't look that many next to yours. lol

Think I might do a couple of strains next time.

I enjoyed my mainlining attempt,and might have another bash with the cm.

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Thanks Sy, 4cm eh :shock: You lucky boy!! lol

Pics can be deceiving mate, the most advanced is at around 20cm tall of the top of pot and at 7 internodes, be topping back to five in the week and hopefully switching them in about 10 days, all subbed up now too mate and will be documenting the subbie beans also when I run them :yep: Thanks for looking in bud :yinyang:

• Like 2