In the night garden...

botanics

Right then fellow gardeners of this most wondrous herb, before I crack on with the main event to come, I've decided that due to the various tasks I have yet to complete and this being my first ever diary, that it best to provide a brief backstory and considering this grow will be in a new, purpose built groom (all under construction) some inclusion of the build details and equipment etc may prove useful to anyone who's yet to make the jump and ditch that dealer.

In the beginning...

My introduction to Cannabis came about when in my teens, remember it well too as it was Moroccan hash (pre shitbar) and £7.50 for a 'teenth' , hence my relationship with cannabis was born. Now until the early noughties and since shitbar came on scene I had been smoking that as proper hash (which I knew nothing about) was not what the dealer had or wanted to sell, then finally in 03 after coughing my lungs up, not getting very high, blim holes in all my t shirts and tasting shite I thought enough is enough.

Fast forward to a year or so later and after researching and buying books etc I finally got the balls to grow my own (at that time Id never even smoked a bud) Seeds ordered from a seedshop that I had seen advertised in a car mag (K2 by Nirvana) and under a couple of flouro tubes, no fans, airtight room etc, proper ghetto stylee (hadn't discovered the cannabis oracle that is UK420 then and was so green). Well the less said about that grow the better, but I did get some smoke all be it very little and that was it, realised it was indeed possible to produce my own smoke that was better than that soapbar shite.

Well in 05 I discovered UK420, lurked for ages, read up but didn't join for a good while contributed now and again but stayed pretty quiet etc (joined in 06) I bought some proper gear from Greens, built the rooms (now deconstructed but details on profile until my new room is complete) and grew out DP White Widow which was my first 'real' grow.

After a few years of 3 grows a year, some clones some seed etc, I decided to pack it all in, the growing and the smoking, since then until now life has changed a lot, split with my long time gf, sold my house, had a brush with cancer, became a father, gave up tobacco, started working for myself, another split and now finally back in the groove with one hell of a lucky lady ;) (well that what she says, so who am I to argue).

• Like 28

And now to the present...

Well after I started back smoking (started back on tobacco after a bereavement) cannabis last autumn I discussed it with my gf that this summer I was going to crack some beans (hacked a satori 8 years ago) and put some out there guerrilla style, well that idea changed after she said I could grow indoors IF it is small, completely silent, smell proof and hidden. :) Happy days!

So all up to date on the brief history, I'll post the specs on the build and update this here too, also bare with me with regards to pics at the mo as my laptop died and Im having to use a phone, so will have to figure out how im going to upload them etc.

Please feel free to come and go as you please there be a chiller in the corner with some bottles in next to the bong, comfy seats oh and plenty of munchies too :)

Id also like to thank @@Dinafem-Mark and Dinafem team once again for the opportunity to do this 2015 Seeds for diary ;)

Edited by botanics
  • Like 15

Like it man, ah the days of buying teenths's....and getting eighths.....all ya ever hear round my way now is 20 bag mate, then throw it on the scales at home and 1.8g pops up :censored:

Good luck with it all!

• Like 7

The Growroom

Now bearing in mind this room has to be super stealth (gf conditional requirements) I had to scout around the house for the appropriate location, lucky for me there happens to be a stupid little squarish area that has been created by the addition of a cupboard on the landing. The size is 3' wide by 2.5' deep by 8' high. What I will do is stud the gap from the end wall to the adjacent wall, effectively creating a 'hidden room' that has a footprint of 7.5 square feet, I will create a doorway in the stud wall and hide this behind a shelving unit or dressing table/drawers etc, once the room is decorated, new skirting etc then this area will be completely hidden as if it never existed.

I will be purchasing a new 6" fan, filter, and a 400w HID system (when I've earned some more money as works a bit slack this last couple of weeks and Im skint, Im also a bit twixed and between at the mo though about active v passive intake so may also get a 4" fan for intake.

I've made a start but must paint the kitchen first as I promised my gf I would do it before putting the groom together, so early days but really need to get cracking as I have one of my satori hacks mumming up to give me a couple of clones to run with the Dinafem beans, so wont be long.

• Like 5

@@Devcal. Cheers man thanks for looking in and considering you're the first to visit, you get to toke the communal bong whilst sitting in the comfiest chair ;)

All 20 bags round these parts too mate, not underweight fortunately but saying that there's always the obligatory half a gram of trim hidden in there.

• Like 5

Nice story on your introduction to cannabis. Atb with your grow mate.

PS. In regards to uploading pictures from your phone, the key is to use the full site and not the mobile site. If using the full site it should work the same way as using the site on your desktop. I've tried it on 3 different phones and I never have trouble. When you click upload picture you should get an option to select one From your phones gallery and go from there.

• Like 1

@@K-B

Cheers mate, yeah I've been reading the pics upload instructions etc, created the album but for some reason when in the upload window the option to find files on my phone just ain't there (just the standard box for searching your computer etc) perhaps its not recognising the phone somehow ?(Windows on Nokia Lumia) Ill keep digging and work it out somehow.

@@Deranged World

All welcome in here mate, cheers for looking in.

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark

The strains I've gone for mate are Blue Kush and Strawberry Amnesia, should be cracking them in the couple of weeks if all goes well, got to order in a few bits and finish the groom first and will be running them with some clones (Mumming a Satori I hacked 8 years ago at the mo to provide them). Cheers for looking in :)

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark

The strains I've gone for mate are Blue Kush and Strawberry Amnesia, should be cracking them in the couple of weeks if all goes well, got to order in a few bits and finish the groom first and will be running them with some clones (Mumming a Satori I hacked 8 years ago at the mo to provide them). Cheers for looking in :)

Will look forward to a update once started :)

All the best

D-M..😨

• Like 2

Well, order in with Greens on some extraction, after running the numbers decided on a passive in with 4" ruck out, plenty of capacity for my allocated space which is only 2.5m cubed. Even after factoring 25% drag for the filter, maxed out it'll replenish the whole space thereabouts every 45 secs, dialled down 50% and a complete air change every 1.5 mins so lovely jubbly :)

• Like 3

Well, order in with Greens on some extraction, after running the numbers decided on a passive in with 4" ruck out, plenty of capacity for my allocated space which is only 2.5m cubed. Even after factoring 25% drag for the filter, maxed out it'll replenish the whole space thereabouts every 45 secs, dialled down 50% and a complete air change every 1.5 mins so lovely jubbly :)

Sounds like you have a nice area and with the set up you should do a great job.. Will watch with anticipation :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a nice area and with the set up you should do a great job.. Will watch with anticipation :)

All the best

D-M..

Cheers Mark, yeah the space I've been granted by the 'boss' is a little smaller than what I've grown in previous and to be honest I prefer at least a metre squared with a 600w but its big enough for my needs as I don't toke as much as I used too ;) waiting in anticipation now for the the kit just purchased lol
  • Like 4

Nice story and title to the thread, my boys love in the night garden haha.

I decided to hide a grow from my Mrs, you are very lucky getting the green light, I wouldn't"for sure

• Like 1