Back In The Saddle With Sweet Trainwreck & Ice Cool Autos

Serpent

Sweet Trainwreck Auto & Ice Cool Auto Grow

Well I’m finally back in the saddle after a bit of a break from growing and what better way to start than trying a couple of these 4th Generation Autos from Sweet Seeds, namely Sweet Trainwreck Auto and Ice Cool Auto, here’s the blurb from the breeder…

Sweet Trainwreck Auto - Lot 488 - 24 Jun 2014

4th generation autoflowering strain with a high stature.

This is the hybrid resulting from the cross between high stature selected strains of 3rd generation autoflowering varieties and a very famous Trainwreck elite clone which is used in medical cannabis dispensaries from the USA.

The result is a genetic with a high stature and a branching typical of mostly sativa autoflowering genetics. On the other hand this strain features a flowering speed, dense bud production, high production of trichomes and an intense sweet fruity aroma with citrus tones characteristic of mostly indica plants.

A very well balanced autoflowering genetic that gathers the desired characteristics of both indica and sativa strains.

Ice Cool Auto Grow – Lot 551 – 28 Mayo 2014

4th generation autoflowering strain. This hybrid is the result of a cross between an Ice Cool elite clone and a 3rd generation autoflowering genetic line of Fast Bud #2. This is an autoflowering strain with an intense and exotic aroma, typical of the Diesel family. Very sweet and spicy, with fresh tones reminiscent of blue cypress aromas.

A very powerful strain with a high bud production, covered with a remarkably aromatic resin that allows for a strong and exciting effect. Our autoflowering representative of the Diesel family.

My set up is the same as usual, Microbox under 3 CFL’s for about the first week in 0.5 litre pots using seedling and cutting compost, then potted up to final 6.5 litre pots using Plant Magic Soil, put into a DR60 under a 250watt HPS until harvest using Oldtimers Grow & Bloom along the way.

So without further ado, I’ll start this diary, I will say, it won’t be as in-depth as previous efforts due to life commitments but I aim to update around once a week and if time allows, maybe more, watch this space…

GERMINATION

OK, trust me to choose the coldest day of the year so far to germinate seeds but on Boxing Day, Friday 26th December, I was determined to get the ball rolling. With the cold ambient temps and me being too tight to have the heating on constantly, I needed to make sure I had warm temps and high humidity in the microbox. About a couple of hours before sowing the seeds, I turned the heat mat on, which is fixed on the bottom of the box, filled up the starting pots with soil, gave them a good soak with just water, then placed them on the mat to warm up both the environment and the soil.

After an hour or so, temps still were a little low, so I turned one of the CFL’s on, which an hour later, seemed to work as temps were around 25/26 degrees and the soil was feeling lukewarm so time to get the beans started. I decided not to pre-soak them this time and placed them straight into the soil, sprayed a touch more water on them, covered the tops of the pots with cling film, then placed all pots inside a plastic bag to get humidity up, then into the microbox.

Well it seemed to work as late Sunday night, 28th Dec, all 5 we’re either pushing the cling film, or just breaking through the soil, so I removed the cling film & bin liner and just left them under 1 light overnight.

DAY #1

On the morning of Monday 29th, all 5 were now showing their heads so we’ll call this Day 1, a couple needed a little help shredding the seed husk, but nothing major so I turned the heat mat off and added another 2 CFL’s so they’re now all basking under 3 lights with temps around 24/25 degrees, a touch low, but not too much.

I also didn’t think I’d get 100% germination with the grip of winter now tightening, even in a cosy microbox, so I was a little surprised to see all 5 had made it and I’ll probably cull one of the plants as ideally I want 4 max, whether I go for 2 Trainwreck and 2 Ice Cool, or cull the runt, which ever that is, I’ll decide around pot up.

DAY #2

Tues 30th is Day 2 and things are going OK, the first true sets of leaves are now growing, the 3 Trainwreck all seem to be a little quicker at this early stage than the Ice Cool’s, but it is only early days and one of the Ice Cool’s does have a small blemish on one of its cotelydon leafs, but nothing to stress about. I’ve also given them some support using the straw method, topped the soil up and gave them a feed of just water.

Other than that, nothing else to report and here’s some pics of the first couple of days…

gallery_57657_3620_56711.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_101898.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_52401.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_11122.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_95556.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_192478.jpg

Its good to be back and stay stoned :smokin:

• Like 15

Wow...

Very happy to have you back Serpent :yep:

I'm sure this one will the as interesting as usual, or even more, hehehe, so I'll keep passing by to check how they develop in your hands my friend. Thanks and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2

top banana ...was wondering whether you were still growing or not ..good to see you back at what you do best serpent .

• Like 3

Hello serpent

good luck with the grow mate,,will keep eye on this,,,hope you and mrs serpent are good

ive got a auto grow on 1st time newbie on these as i made some hacks last year using auto hindu kush regs that i got good male and pollenated 2 auto mangos,,,,,but gunna try dark devil,red poison and humboldt uk cheese next

• Like 3