Back In The Saddle With Sweet Trainwreck & Ice Cool Autos

Serpent

@@InstaGROW thanks man

As for final weight, not a clue, don't have any scales in the house, not even bathroom scales lol

And no, never topped them, not really a good idea to top autos, that said, I did accidentally top an auto once, it slowed it down initially, but started to get into its stride, sadly I had to cull the crop around 45 days so I never got to see the final result :(

• Like 3

Plenty to keep you going after that grow.

I've tried a scrog with 3x Cream mandarin XL. I've went 8inches from the top of the pots. I'm at day 25. I'll try get a few pictures up tomorrow. I think there looking not too bad.

Enjoy your buds :)

• Like 3

Cheers!

Congrats for the harvest Serpent! Great diary, as usual :yep:

If you don't mind we will soon move it to the Sweet Seeds Test Grows are ;)

Enjoy your flowers! Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 2

I don't mind at all Tommy :)

I've still got a smoke report to post, so it might be worth waiting for me to publish that before moving, is that OK?

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I don't mind at all Tommy :)

I've still got a smoke report to post, so it might be worth waiting for me to publish that before moving, is that OK?

Got a smoke report for this by any chance bro? I got 2 going atm but I got them mixed up so I got 6 autos 2 of each strain (3 strains) and one is Sweet Trainwreck, I just need a little smoke report/smell report so I know which plants are sweet trainwreck out of the bunch

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...

Sweet Trainwreck & Ice Cool Auto - Reflection & Smoke Report

Firstly, apologies for the delay in getting this final report published, but hey, better late than never, so here we go…

THE GROW

Set up was exactly the same as before, DR60 under a 250w Dual Spec, the lamp was actually way past its sell by date and should have been replaced, but times have been tough so I took a gamble, it seemed to pay off, but I honestly think they could have given more with a brand new lamp.

This grow also had a couple of first for me, rather than tying down plants, I used a scrog net as I saw no reason why it would make any difference, and I have to say, I now prefer this method and will be doing it gain in future grows. The other first was using CalMag, OK, I’ve always been organic and this breaks away, but with being in a soft water area, I thought I’d give it a go and I have to say, I do feel they benefitted from it, so again, it’s something I’ll continue to use for the foreseeable future.

This was also another straight forward auto grow with no real problems, they responded well to the scrog net and as with the vast majority of autos I’ve grown, they weren’t heavy feeders, bloom was upped to 4ml per litre at one point, but they maybe didn’t need it.

Right, now on to the buds and smoke….

SWEET TRAINWRECK AUTO

THE BUDS

Not bad sized chunky buds on the Sweet Trainwreck with a decent covering of trichs and, for the most part, a nice density that made a heart-warming thud when dropped into the curing jar. Yield wise, I don’t have any scales so no idea, but, considering they were grown under an old lamp, they did OK.

The aroma of the Sweet Trainwreck was a strange one, there’s certainly a hint of citrus, but with a strong undertone of cat piss, yes you read right! With having cats, I thought one of them had taken a piss in my curing jar, but for some reason a Cat Piss strain rung a distant bell in the recesses of my brain, so a quick google (other search engines are available) and yup, there is, allegedly, a Cat Piss strain that’s related to the Trainwreck, go figure!

THE SMOKE

Even with the aroma of cat piss, this didn’t (luckily, amazingly?) come through in the smoke as the citrus was certainly more dominant on the taste buds that was coupled with a nice dank aftertaste so overall, a clean smoke with a smooth kick to the throat.

THE HIGH

Although Trainwreck is said to be on the sativa dominant side, I found the Auto more of an indica (maybe due to the lineage of the auto parent?) with moderate couch lock effect, not too overpowering to completely knock you out, but certainly a really nice and mellow body and slight head stoned.

EVALUATION

Bud Aroma: 7/10
Bud Appearance:7/10
Bud Density: 8/10
Trich Visibility: 7/10
Smoke Taste: 7/10
Smoke High: 7/10
Total Yield: 7/10
Ease Of Cultivation: 9/10

Result: 59/80 or 72%

Overall, I quite enjoyed the Trainwreck, I wouldn’t rank it amongst the top of all the Auto’s I’ve grown, but its certainly decent yielding that’s super easy to grow, just don’t let the Cat Piss aroma put you off, as smoke wise, it’s completely the opposite.

Would I Grow This Strain Again: Yes, I think I probably would
Would I Recommend This Strain: Yes, no reason why not to

ICE COOL AUTO

THE BUDS

The buds on the Ice Cool Auto weren’t as big or dense as the Trainwreck but with decent trich coverage, yield, again, I don’t know, I’d say though it was lower than the Trainwreck, which was probably down to not being as dense.
There’s definitely a dominant spicey fuel aroma to the Ice Cool Auto with a musky undertone, which after a cure certainly got stronger and was quite a pleasure to smell when opening the jar to fill my grinder.

THE SMOKE

Smoke wise, she has a sweet yet spicey taste with subtle hints of fuel in the background, but in a good way, as I don’t know about you, drinking diesel isn’t one of my favourite pastimes :stoned: She was also quite a smooth smoke and like the Trainwreck, had a little welcome kick to the throat.

THE HIGH

I really enjoyed the effect from the Ice Cool Auto, again, I felt it learned more towards the indica side of stoned rather than high, and had a bit of a heavier couch lock effect over the Trainwreck, definitely more of a night time smoke I found.

EVALUATION

Bud Aroma: 7/10
Bud Appearance:6/10
Bud Density: 6/10
Trich Visibility: 7/10
Smoke Taste: 7/10
Smoke High: 7/10
Total Yield: 7/10
Ease Of Cultivation: 9/10

Result: 56/80 or 70%

Would I Grow This Strain Again: Yes, again like the Trainwreck I probably would
Would I Recommend This Strain: Yes, again, no reason why not to

Now here’s some photos...

gallery_57657_3620_34161.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_103773.jpg

gallery_57657_3620_103768.jpg

So there you have it, it certainly wasn’t my best ever grow and no records for yield were ever going to be broken, but overall a grow I’m pretty happy with, considering I couldn’t dedicate as much time to them and, like I’ve mentioned, the lamp wasn’t exactly running at optimum. I do strongly think, given a newer lamp and maybe a touch more TLC, both strains could deliver more and auto growers should give them serious consideration when they want to try something new, another winner from Sweet Seeds :oldtoker:

Thanks for reading :hippy:

Edited by Serpent
  • Like 8

How about some seeds for one of your net runs?

You know that when you need seeds you can always get them for free from us, don't you?

Just a quick reminder... :D PM me if it's a good timing for you :yep:

Sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 1