Discussions on Islam

Guest Livity

@@pollaconmota Can I ask why "As a woman you would not wish to follow/believe Islam" ?

I only know Two Muslims, but both of them treat their Wives with more respect than any of my Non Muslim friends treat their wives. I'm not saying they treat them bad but my Muslim friends wives seem to have all the power in the family unit lol

I only base that decision on the teachings, in a lot of families the wives and mothers are revered regardless of the religion involved, but promoting inequality of women under the justification of religious law doesn't sit right with me :hippy: not that i'm a feminist or anything, like I say I am an agnostic anywho

• Like 1

What exactly did you want to discuss? As a woman I would not wish to

follow/believe Islam, I am an agnostic, I will believe what can be

proved but am interested in everyone's theory…because when we

find out who's right, it'll be too late anyways

:oldtoker:

That question would be best put to those who filled nearly 58 pages in the Great islamic lectures thread pollaconmota.

I'm sorry to hear that you do not wish to follow Islam, but wish you all the Best for your journey ahead.

Is Islam just a Religion though because what I have found it can be a good guide to living your life, bringing peace and harmony to relationships. It rejects the pursuit of material things and opposes profiting from people less fortunate than yourself.

Are you Islamic Livity?

I try to be as much as physically and spiritually as possible but as a human I make mistakes as we all do but with every mistake one is closer to getting it right. After all it is said true success is not without it's failures along the way.

I only base that decision on the teachings, in a lot of families the wives and mothers are revered regardless of the religion involved, but promoting inequality of women under the justification of religious law doesn't sit right with me :hippy: not that i'm a feminist or anything, like I say I am an agnostic anywho

Does Islam really promote inequality towards women ? I don't think it does. Maybe people like the Taliban do, but them kinds of people are not really promoting Islam !

• Like 1

You want to address the question about humans having made it up?

Does The Koran accept the existence of Dinosaurs?

Does Islam really promote inequality towards women ? I don't think it does. Maybe people like the Taliban do, but them kinds of people are not really promoting Islam !

Eve is responsible for the fall of man (Adam) in The Koran as well as in The Bible

Edited by Hir
  • Like 2

Guest bazzad9

Is Islam just a Religion though because what I have found it can be a good guide to living your life, bringing peace and harmony to relationships. It rejects the pursuit of material things and opposes profiting from people less fortunate than yourself.

much like christianity its selective

select what you like and its good

anything good found in it can be found without it ....all these ideas are ideas that have gone before just rewritten and worded

be carefull of whats quotes you use ,islam has the law of abrogation which means any later stuff takes over the older stuff .so if the good bits you find are old and a new bit says it not good the new bit is correct

so we have to be carefull what we are following

how do you know there islam isnt the correct one ?

you cant base it on what seems nice ....its the word of god

the Koran does....

• 2:228 "(Women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them."
  • 2:282 "And call two witness from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women."
  • 4:3 "Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four."
  • 4:11 "To the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half."
  • 4:15 "As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them."
  • 40:20 "And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another...."
  • 4:34 "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them."
  • 4:176 "Unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females."
  • 24:31 "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands. ... And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment."
  • 33:30 "O ye wives of the Prophet! Whosoever of you committeth manifest lewdness, the punishment for her will be doubled, and that is easy for Allah."
  • 33:32-33 "O ye wives of the Prophet! Ye are not like any other women. ... Stay in your houses."
  • 33:53 "When ye ask of them (the wives of the Prophet) anything, ask it of them from behind a curtain. That is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not for you to cause annoyance to the messenger of Allah, nor that ye should ever marry his wives after him. Lo! that in Allah's sight would be an enormity."
  • 33:59 "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad)."
  • 65:1 "O Prophet! When ye (men) put away women...."
  • 66:5 "If he [Muhammad] divorce you, will give him in your stead wives better than you, submissive (to Allah), believing, pious, penitent, devout, inclined to fasting, widows and maids."

the Koran does....

• 2:228 "(Women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them."
  • 2:282 "And call two witness from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women."
  • 4:3 "Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four."
  • 4:11 "To the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, and if there be women more than two, then theirs is two-thirds of the inheritance, and if there be one (only) then the half."
  • 4:15 "As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them."
  • 40:20 "And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another...."
  • 4:34 "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and scourge them."
  • 4:176 "Unto the male is the equivalent of the share of two females."
  • 24:31 "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands. ... And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment."
  • 33:30 "O ye wives of the Prophet! Whosoever of you committeth manifest lewdness, the punishment for her will be doubled, and that is easy for Allah."
  • 33:32-33 "O ye wives of the Prophet! Ye are not like any other women. ... Stay in your houses."
  • 33:53 "When ye ask of them (the wives of the Prophet) anything, ask it of them from behind a curtain. That is purer for your hearts and for their hearts. And it is not for you to cause annoyance to the messenger of Allah, nor that ye should ever marry his wives after him. Lo! that in Allah's sight would be an enormity."
  • 33:59 "O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad)."
  • 65:1 "O Prophet! When ye (men) put away women...."
  • 66:5 "If he [Muhammad] divorce you, will give him in your stead wives better than you, submissive (to Allah), believing, pious, penitent, devout, inclined to fasting, widows and maids."

And the Bible does , in the old testament. It's the same religion just isms and schisms!

@@I-KUE see what bazzad has just posted "be carefull of whats quotes you use ,islam has the law of abrogation which means any later stuff takes over the older stuff ".

@@I-KUE see what bazzad has just posted "be carefull of whats quotes you use ,islam has the law of abrogation which means any later stuff takes over the older stuff ".

Fair enough, but to me that just suggests it's just made up as they go along.

I would suggest a women, call here Eve just for convenience, made fire and as this was the providence of the gods all blood related to Eve were banished.

If we look outside Abrahamic religions we can find the story of Pandora receiving fire from a god (Prometheus) at the fury of the gods.

Edited by Hir