Ice Cream in the winter

zimmer

Hi

My next grow is going to be your lovely ice cream i have heard so much of.

I initially put 5 seeds in to germ from Herbies and all 5 failed so i mailed them and next day was a new pack of 5, awesome service.

From these i stuck four into tissue paper and warm water and within 12 hrs they showed roots awesome.

I popped them into rockwool and there doing great, i am going to run these 4 in Nft

Pick of the room

gallery_70792_9268_300180.jpg

gallery_70792_9268_208358.jpg

Seems out of the four we have two distinct phenos.

gallery_70792_9268_361942.jpg

I am just finishing a grow off and these will be going in the tray about september time.

Atb Zimm.

• Like 3

Good luck @@zimmer they will rocket when they enter that nft nice size space you got fancy moving that chair up so I can get in

Maniacs

Pull one up old chap, i can stand heh

• Like 2

Good luck @@zimmer and cancel that last question I asked in your other diary :) I'm looking forward to see how these do with your system.

So am i old mate.

I have learnt alot from my first grow and eager to get this going as i want to make it a good show.

• Like 2

YAMAN!

way to go buddy...it is odd that your first pack did not germinate....

As you can see, they fly pretty quick normally...thisis why i called her the ferrari of plants

when i wrote in the big book of buds about her....lol.

have agreat experience!

jf

(ps: remember to be gentle with the fibres of your rockwool...lol)

• Like 2

A little info about my room etc.

The room is roughly 11 feet by 6 wide and 7 feet high, all fully insulated.

I will be using NFT for this as im old and knackered so no humping bags of soil around.

The GT100 is basically a 100 litre nutrient tank with a top tray fed by a pump to create a flow of nutrient solution over the plant roots. The bare roots can then access the highly oxygenated solution as needed with any unused solution flowing back into the tank for recirculation.

I have chosen the TD silent fan range for this as stealth is uber required, intake is a 5 inch 350m3/hr out 6 inch 500m3/hr Filter is a Rhino pro 200/600 over sized for the Td fan.

Fans will be run off a 2 Amp variac,
Lamp will be run by a Lumatec digital 600 dimmable. A 400 w Mh will be run in veg a 600w for flower.

Nutes will be Ionic grow and bloom with some cal/mag supplemented and liquid silicon.

I may use some rooting stims not sure on that yet, not sure if this brand needs em tbh.

Also may veg till net is full then flip and allow them to get 12 inch ish high and use Rox to force flower, this is all up in the air yet.

Reflector is a 1 meter verizontal parabolic

Pics of the room can be seen in my sig link.

Atb Zimm.

Edited by zimmer
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Hey, things on my last grow went on longer than expected but there in the tank now and under way )

I was just going to grow 4 Ice Cream in this grow but one died on me so i popped 3 freebies of Fruity Chronic Juice, so its 3 of each now but the ice cream will be the main focus of the grow.

I set the Tank up with 100 litres bubbled water and added 20 ml cal/mag 20 ml of silicon 10 ml of rootbastic and the rest ionic grow to an Ec of 0.8 and ph of 6.0

For now i have the feeder pump in the tank set to water for 5 mins every 2 hours till roots get going.

Temp 24.3

Res 19.4

Ph 6.0

Ec 0.8

Rh 51

001 2

002 2

The 3 Ice Cream are on the right side, they have been held up under my T5 for awhile and have been topped a few times, they look a little under the weather but should soon perk up.

gallery_70792_9269_492004.jpg

gallery_70792_9269_296615.jpg

gallery_70792_9269_293412.jpg

I will update fairly often, lets see if we can pull this in before xmas yay.

Atb Zimm.

Edited by zimmer
  • Like 6

@@Dosti i havnt used it yet, just gonna get a small bottle incase they stretch to bad.

Its fine lots of farmers use it on oranges pear trees etc, only the usa banned it but they just say its untested so.

Also only use 1ml instead of the 5 ml they say works just as well i hear.

• Like 2

@@zimmer

I think Bud Blood by AN also kills the stretch, Hemperor mentioned that in one of his diarys.

I wasn't trying to be negative Zim, just letting you know what i found out. :)

And yes ROX definitely kills stretch! I found that out in one of my grows, added in week 3 i think and it made the plants into dwarfs lol

Edited by Dosti
  • Like 2