Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

Although not a drama etc.. "Bruce Parry's Amazon" - really good, or anything David Attenborough has done.

Bruce Parry is ace :D

Before Amazon he did Tribe, if you've not seen that series I highly recommend it :) I loved it.

• Like 4

Some I haven't seen mentioned yet that are worth giving a try...

Spartacus

X-Files

Banshee

Heroes

Southland

......avoid Under The Dome and Continuum, both are shite :nope:

• Like 2

Guest Theokoles

Watched The Vikings, enjoyed it. Never heard of The Following so I'll check that one out. Dunno about The Pacific, looked it up and it's a 'companion piece' to Band of Brothers, which I wasn't really into - war isn't really my cup of tea unless it's pre-modern era, Sharpe/Hornblower is about as modern as I'm interested in.

If you like Vikings you will love Spartacus mini series ;)

Bruce Parry is ace :D

Before Amazon he did Tribe, if you've not seen that series I highly recommend it :) I loved it.

Yeah it was actually Tribe's i meant. I was thinking about the bit where he drank a gallon of cows blood. I would have told that tribe to fuck right off.

Ones that I haven't seen mentioned that I enjoyed

Boss: Kelsey grammar as corrupt mayor, another good show cancelled.

Pillars of the earth, bit old now but great adaptation of the book if you haven't seen it.

Carnivale: another awesome series cancelled after series two (twin peaks in a travelling circus)

Borgias: I got a thing for programs with corrupt motherfuckers, this time the pope.

Mad men, probably already mentioned

State of play: great British drama

Top of the lake: great New Zealand drama with Peggy from mad men and Helen hunt, a really good cast.

Veep: Armando ianuccis American thick of it

The returned: amazing French supernatural drama, if you ignore all the above watch this, I loved it. Think it's based on a book of the same name.

Edited by OLaC
  • Like 1

If you like Vikings you will love Spartacus mini series ;)

Is that Spartacus - Blood and Sand ?

Cos I downloaded the first episode of that a few days ago, not watched it yet.

Talking of Roman mini series I confess I loved Rome, the BBC/HBO series from 2005 starring Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson as Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo. OK, so it was crap, but it was massively enjoyable crap, good drunk telly lol

• Like 3

Guest Theokoles

Is that Spartacus - Blood and Sand ?

Cos I downloaded the first episode of that a few days ago, not watched it yet.

Talking of Roman mini series I confess I loved Rome, the BBC/HBO series from 2005 starring Kevin McKidd and Ray Stevenson as Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo. OK, so it was crap, but it was massively enjoyable crap, good drunk telly lol

After watching Spartacus i watched Rome, to be honest theres no comparioson. Get past the first couple of dogy acting episodes, of series one and you wont be dissapointed. Blood and Sand is S1, Revenge S2 and War of the Dammed S3, Prequel Past Transgressions. :)

Not seen the US version yet, but if you haven't seen the original BBC one you really should, it was superb (as were the other parts of the trilogy - To Play The King and The Final Cut). Francis Urquhart was a brilliantly slimy, amoral character (who was a great representation of politicians and political ambition), superbly played by Ian Richardson.

Thanks. D/Loaded all 3 parts last night - Going to get mi chores done, and settle down to watch these again.

Have you seen Secret State? There's the original, and a modern remake.

Only 2 episodes in the original, the newer remake i think had 4 episodes.

eta - Pretty sure they're all on the 4OD player.

Edited by ANCB

Scandal is a surprisingly good watch...

It's worth sticking with just to see Huck's beard.

E2a - It's utterly ridiculous, but good ridiculous, if that makes sense. lol

Edited by L'Emmerdeur

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if some of these have already been mentioned, but these are ones we're watching or have watched and enjoyed:

The Americans

The Blacklist (this is amazing, with d spadder in it, we're about 10-12 episodes into a 20 episode series)

The Goodwife

House of Cards

Archer

Bates Motel

Twin Peaks (old David Lynch series, more accessible than his films but still has that david lynch vibe to it)

Justified

Gold Rush

Suits

White Collar

Scandal (this is really worth watching)

Orange is the New Black

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I'll come back and add more as they spring to mind.

Ones that I haven't seen mentioned that I enjoyed

Boss: Kelsey grammar as corrupt mayor, another good show cancelled.

Pillars of the earth, bit old now but great adaptation of the book if you haven't seen it.

Carnivale: another awesome series cancelled after series two (twin peaks in a travelling circus)

Borgias: I got a thing for programs with corrupt motherfuckers, this time the pope.

Mad men, probably already mentioned

State of play: great British drama

Top of the lake: great New Zealand drama with Peggy from mad men and Helen hunt, a really good cast.

Veep: Armando ianuccis American thick of it

The returned: amazing French supernatural drama, if you ignore all the above watch this, I loved it. Think it's based on a book of the same name.

Carnivale was a wicked series, didn't want it to end!

• Like 2

I loved Carnivale, but it was yet another great TV series (like Firefly and Deadwood) that got cancelled by cunts in suits who were all about the ratings :sadwalk:

• Like 1