Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

I watched all of Battlestar Galactica's recently (the remake) and really enjoyed them. I thought the spin off Caprica could have been good as well if it hadn't been canned after the first series :sadwalk:

• Like 5

My recommendation for folks is check out some of the Scandinavian dramas of recent years - I particularly enjoyed Wallander, The Bridge and Borgen. Don't be put off by the subtitles, they are excellent TV drama :)

• Like 5

My recommendation for folks is check out some of the Scandinavian dramas of recent years - I particularly enjoyed Wallander, The Bridge and Borgen. Don't be put off by the subtitles, they are excellent TV drama :)

Have you seen Lillihammer Booj? You have to. A mafia dude moves there on witness relocation. Hilarious and weirdly scandy. Loved it.

• Like 5

anyone mentioned Hell on Wheels

Aye, I have. Sorry, I watched a few episodes but gave up on it because I thought the script was absolutely atrocious, some of the worst writing I've ever heard. Deadwood it ain't lol

I'm glad some people have actually seen Deadwood . Americans are strange , most of their TV is terrible and then they sneak out some amazing things which generally get cancelled early and become cult viewing

I would put Breaking bad and The Wire on another level . Even above The Sopranos

Sorry Booj nothing to add as you've seen all the stuff I would have suggested .

Edited by Degsy
  • Like 5

I rate Deadwood just after The Wire as my favourite TV show ever (Game of Thrones doesn't get counted yet cos it's not finished), and in terms of the script I rate it as my favourite. The dialogue is stunning, even the swearing has a kind of lyrical quality to it. Absolutely superb writing.

E2A That's perhaps why I couldn't get into Hell on Wheels, maybe I was just expecting too much.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Watched the first episode of the new version of The Tomorrow People and wasn't impressed at all. Style over substance nonsense with a cast of unusally good looking young people (none of whom can actually act). Clearly aimed squarely at the teen market, probably the same kind of market that the Twilight movies were aimed at.

Watched the first few episodes of Homeland but couldn't get into it. Perhaps some of that is because I'm severe bipolar and I didn't really like the plot hook that the Clare Danes character was bipolar (written by someone who clearly doesn't have the first idea about what bipolar disorder is and how it affects sufferers).

• Like 2

Best series etc i have watched from the last few years;

Entourage - excellent and funny as.

The (American) Office - magnificent t.v. Dwight is a legend, period!

Roots - amazing mini series I urge everyone to watch, totally epic and covers 3 generations. Again I repeat - AMAZING!!!!! Everyone is harping on about "12 Years A Slave" at the minute however Roots pisses all over it, Kunta Kinti is the man! He refuses to accept his slave name throughout and gets his foot chopped off because he keeps running away.

Borgen - If you like politics or current affairs.

The Newsroom - If you like politics or current affairs.

• Like 1

how about Gold Rush ?

series 2 has a lot of glory hole action :naughty:

Have you seen Franklin & Bash ?

or Castle (Nathan Fillion plays jessica fletcher's role in a clone of murder she wrote)

How about Haven , based on stephen kings "colorado kid"

Mythbusters

MVGroup documentaries

Grimm

House of cards

you could check out eztvproxy.org/showlist

i'd start at A and work my way down , opening a dozen results each in new tab , have a look at the summary page and go from there.

Edited by Abe Froman
  • Like 2

I didn't know you were bipolar Boojum, it's understandable why you couldn't get into Homeland then. I find my condition is poorly portrayed on telly and it proper winds me up. I'll give Tomorrow People a miss I think, after what you've said. I much prefer a good storyline to watching pretty actors.

• Like 1