Looking For TV Series Suggestions

Boojum

All the Quatermass serials were classics :)

I saw this one for the first time just a few weeks ago, I was out of the country at the time so missed a load of telly!

Children of the Stones next and maybe catch up with The Changes which I only saw a bit of.

lol I would rather take two red hot knitting needles and ram one in each ear until they met in the middle lol

lol.i feel like doing that to my missus when she's watching the shit.lol..What makes it worse,is the majority of time,she's on the fucking phone while watching it.

I was just going to mention The Following, I thought that was pretty good !

the new series starts back on the 21st of Jan :yep:

• Like 1

Watched The Vikings, enjoyed it. Never heard of The Following so I'll check that one out. Dunno about The Pacific, looked it up and it's a 'companion piece' to Band of Brothers, which I wasn't really into - war isn't really my cup of tea unless it's pre-modern era, Sharpe/Hornblower is about as modern as I'm interested in.

Sorry Booj just jumping on your thread , is Boardwalk Empire any good ? I'm assuming it is looking at the rest of your list

it`s ok, starts well but by season 4 it doesn`t really go places imo

• Like 1

Sorry Booj just jumping on your thread , is Boardwalk Empire any good ? I'm assuming it is looking at the rest of your list

Took me 2 goes to get into it, first time I must have been in the wrong mood but I'm glad I gave it another chance cos I thought it was excellent. The cast is uniformly good and Steve Buscemi is superb.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

was the pacific actually any good ?

i forgot about band of brothers, probobly my favourite over the over 3, so was excited when the pacific first came out, though was bored stiff for the first few episodes.

I recently did a Sharpeathon, watching all the old episodes of Sharpe. They were pretty good especially the early ones Sharpe's Rifles, Sharpe's Eagle and Sharpe's Company and they all have the winning combination of swashbuckling and pretty ladies with heaving bosoms and I mean HEAVING. When you get bored you can always just wait to spot the scenes that open with Sharpe washing his face. In a sink, bucket, waterfall, well, river, etc... there's loads of them.

• Like 2