Arizer Solo

Don't mind at all mate...

The GonG is a solo bowl to ground glass male joint, to use on other glass pieces like bongs etc (gets it's name from Glass on Glass). You can get them with a standard bowl or the PVHES bowl (it has grooves down the outside of the bowl and notches around the bottom of the bowl to help air intake and so an easier draw, although you'd have to draw slower to maintain the same heat).

The PVHES stem is the high eficiency stem yes, it too has the grooves down the outside and notches around the bottom.

The normal PVHES stems etc have the four holes in the bottom of the bowl like the stock stems, but the Turbo option is a PVHES bowl but has an open tube with a rim around so that you can fit a normal steel screen instead of the four holes, so a totally unrestricted draw, but again you'd have to draw slowly or otherwise you'd cool the heater down too much... I (personally) would avoid the Turbo's.

In fact tbh I'm a little unsure about this whole PVHES thing tbh as the stock stems loosen off so there's no prob with air getting in on them. Now with the PVHES you get a silicon "O ring" to make the stem fit tighter (I can explain how it's fitted if you get to that stage...), which I guess is a good thing for stability and all that, and the grooves etc to still let the air in with the O ring... So I'm torn between getting a GonG/stem with stock style bowls or the PVHES ones... :doh:

I guess ultimately it depends on how tight you like the stems to fit into the unit... mine are loose, but not loose enough to fall out if I turn it upside down...

Check out planetvape.ca and have a look on the solo page, it's got a bit more detail if I've just done your head in with me rambling... :wassnnme:

I think I've settled on the solo, but do you know if paying an extra £25/£27 for one of these turbo/efficiency mouthpieces is worth doing. I don't really understand the difference to be honest.

:smoke:

Just go with the stock ones first I reckon and take it from there... see if you like them or would prefer a different draw resistance... they work really well...

Edited by DD2001
  • Like 1

@@DD2001

Thanks man I appreciate you taking the time to clear all that up, I'll do as you suggest and stick with the stock mouthpieces for now. Just need to check about the plain packaging thing.

So it's basically a different bowl or stem or both to adjust the air flow. Like I say I've never even tried a vape so all these different tubes and whips and gongs and then the PVHES initials an stuff are a little confusing :doh:

But now I understand all that Glass on Glass and adapting it to fit a water pipe and the different bowls a lot more after your post so I might just get a water pipe adapter as well. Can't hurt can it . . . . .

... So I'm torn between getting a GonG/stem with stock style bowls or the PVHES ones... :doh:

mmmm so am I now lol

I might just get a water pipe adapter as well. Can't hurt can it . . . . .

Yeah, that'd be a good idea if you plan to use it with some nice glass (or as an excuse to get some ;))

Just been to that web site and realised that PVHES stands for

Planet Vape High Efficiency Stems

It's all coming together now :yep:

Maybe I should have mentioned that part... :bag:

Another website for you to check out is fuckcombustion.com, there's a 700+ page solo thread, and other good stuff on there too...

Edited by DD2001
  • Like 2

Yes pvhes are the high efficiency steams and after getting a pvhes GonG IMO I would not get a pvhes non GonG steam the draw is not that much better to justify the steams being 2.5x as much. plus I'm a clumsy fucker and brake a lot of glass so I'll stick with stock steams. But if i was to buy a new solo the 1st thing I would buy is a GonG as it makes the solo so much more with it well worth it

• Like 2

@Mr THC. cheers for the input mate... did you fit the O ring you get with the GonG? And if you did does it then make the stock stems harder to draw from with the O ring fitted (this is the bit that's got me on the fence tbh)??

Edited by DD2001

I did fit the ring after citing it in half as my cap would not go back on at all with the o ring and no I don't notice I have to pull harder. I would get one just for the o ring tbh its sweet keeps the steams in place I can no hold my solo by the steam now.

• Like 2

Hi all!

Wow, there's been a lot of action on here since I last checked!

Just a couple of things to clear up:

Nothing about the packaging has changed. Everything is shipped in plain packaging, with a small, discreet return address label that says "Vapefiend Aromatherapy" and our return address on it. We have to provide a return address as we use recorded delivery. Trust me this is the most discreet way we could do this!

About the free O-rings that some of you have received: not everyone will get one, and they're strictly optional. Personally I don't like using the o-ring as I prefer maximum airflow, but the manufacturer of the Solo accessories, Planet Vape, included a load of them as samples, so I thought I'd distribute them among my customers until they run out!

• Like 2

@@vapefiend thanks for clearing that up... going to order a PV stem and GonG shortly (well now really), so if you do have any O rings left, I'd appreciate one before you do run out...

Ta very much :yep:

IMHO the bong attachments are a waste of money. The Solo is a portable device, why do I need to attach it to a bong/glass pipe? I have my Herbalaire at home for that purpose. Just more crap to carry around but then again I suppose it would be useful if the Solo was the only vape you owned.

On the other hand I do like the stealth attachment which allows you to hide the Solo in a cup but I don't believe it's worth £25.