The Red Diary with Black Cream & Red Poison

Serpent

keep the updates coming serpent, good stuff!

that speckling on your leaves you mention, ive had it a couple of times actually usually around a bit of mutated leaves as yours has also, and Its impossible that I would have spilt something to cause it.

its usually always grown out of quite quickly, within a node or two, and the plant is fine.

I have been constantly chopping and changing soils for the past 12months trying to settle on something im happy with, I know for a fact I have mixed soils, whether or not I did it to the plants that showed the mutation, I cant be sure, but if i see it again I'll make a mental note.

Also I have had a few quirky little mutations from the red family, quad-nodal and a red poison had buds appearing halfway up a stem for no apparent reason or pre-existing node.etc

But none of the quirks have defined the plants and have only shown smallish effects and none so far detrimental.

Im very much enjoying that very red poison right now. mmmmm

;)

:skin_up:

Cheers inertia & interesting to read your findings & good to know I'm not the only one its happening to ;)

If it happens again, please do let us know if it was from mix soil or not.

Tommy/Japp do you have any ideas what is causing the wrinkled/mutant growth & have any other grows your aware of showed similar characteristics?

• Like 3

Mate my black cream got this exact same thing going on and im on day 35 nw and its completely fucked im thinking of pullin her out dnt no wot the crack is i gave her a ml of grow last week and she looked better for it and ever since just stayed the same shes the only 1 of my ladies looking like this maybe genetics ?

Thanks da bon, it could be genetic, I've no idea tbh, I did put it down to the soil I mixed but lets see if Tommy or Japp know of any other grows that have done the same, which was asked above incase you missed it :D

• Like 3

Tell ya what mate it looks like light burn, it happens to me when I change from flouros to MH, I even keep the light really high now and it still happens so to me it's them adjusting to the light, were the leaves that are damaged on the plant at the time you changed the light bro?

atb :haveadab:

• Like 3

Tommy/Japp do you have any ideas what is causing the wrinkled/mutant growth & have any other grows your aware of showed similar characteristics?

Hi Serpent!

I'm sorry to know about that. Is it in all the 4 plants or only in that "runt" one?

It could be genetic in case it's just one plant or two plants from the same strain. If it's in the 4 plants it would mean two strains at a time doing the same thing and in that case I trully don't believe it can be genetic. It's really very rare to see this kind of problems due to genetic issues but if it is in only one strain we could accept that as an option.

Anyway I also think it may have something to do with something in the soil that they are not appreciating. I don't say that the plants could be not so sensitive and hang up with it without showing this sort of problems, but some parameter(s) is/are probably not the way they like and my best bet goes under surface, in the roots.

CK. could also be right, specially if it also happened to him in the past (thanks for the input CK. :yep: )

Hope it's not in the 4 of them and that they can recover and still produce the nice quality and production that they usually do.

I'll keep passing by to check it out... ;)

Cheers and Sweet smokes!

tommy

Edited by Sweet Seeds-tommy
  • Like 3

its a funny one this, I also remembered, I had a cream caramel auto, that fell and bent, I splinted it up, but soon starting showing a similar mutation, but instead of recovering, it got worse and worse till it looked like hemp streak virus, and I culled it at 3 weeks. but I put it down to the damage etc

I can rule out the light change in my circumstances as c.k. suggested, or at least when changing flouro to sodium, as I run dual spec from seed to harvest.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies guys, I wouldn't bet my house on it but I don't think it's light burn, as its no closer than normal, but I guess these could be a bit more sensitive, I might just move it up a little anyway to be on the safe side, thanks CK :yep:

And yes Tommy, all of them are showing signs of it to different degrees which so why my gut instinct is its the soil, it was only with these other reports mentioning a similar characteristics which got me thinking.

Another quick question, have you found these new strains sensitive to nutes?

And your right inertia, it is a funny one.

Right I'm off to check on them & I also started a bit of LST on them the other night :hippy:

• Like 3

Hey'sup you old tart :bong:

Hope ur well buddy :trumpet: , whats this you've got going on ay! you still lovin' the auto's i see.

Good on yer man, I'll try and pop in when i can, (rugrat's dependent tho lol ).

Have a good'un :yep:

peace :hippy:

p.s and as usual i put my foot in it, I see your having a few probs man, sorry to hear that and i hope you find a cause/remedy soon.

Edited by mygreenmojo

Hey'sup you old tart :bong:

Hope ur well buddy :trumpet: , whats this you've got going on ay! you still lovin' the auto's i see.

Good on yer man, I'll try and pop in when i can, (rugrat's dependent tho lol ).

Have a good'un :yep:

p.s and as usual i put my foot in it, I see your having a few probs man, sorry to hear that and i hope you find a cause/remedy soon.

Hey dude, nearly didn't recognise ya under this guise lol

Yeah still messing about with autos although doing more photo strains of late with Green Poison next on the cards ;)

And yeah I'm having a few minor niggles this grow although I've just checked them & a couple are starting to look a bit better so I still think its the soil, lesson learnt!

• Like 2

I had a little look back at my diary of these strains, I had some funny shaped leaves but to complicate matters it was only on the Dark Devils lol I noticed it at a week old but it was mostly gone at 2 weeks.

Not much help I'm afraid, but they turned out fine in the end. Good luck mate :yep:

• Like 3

I had a little look back at my diary of these strains, I had some funny shaped leaves but to complicate matters it was only on the Dark Devils lol I noticed it at a week old but it was mostly gone at 2 weeks.

Not much help I'm afraid, but they turned out fine in the end. Good luck mate :yep:

Cheers mate & I'll just keep an eye on them, I don't think the runt will cross the finish line though, but we'll see

• Like 2

Hey dude, nearly didn't recognise ya under this guise lol

lol yeah'sorry man, Blame smurfy! has lent me a fetching dress, some cloggs, and an outstanding stick on Handle-bar mustache ehehe

forgot I'd swiched from bongmonkee,, :doh:lol

Glad to hear things are looking better :wink:

lol yeah'sorry man, Blame smurfy! has lent me a fetching dress, some cloggs, and an outstanding stick on Handle-bar mustache ehehe

forgot I'd swiched from bongmonkee,, :doh:lol

Glad to hear things are looking better :wink:

lol, cheers mate and update incoming

• Like 2

.:| Black Cream & Red Poison Day #26 - 18/6 Lights |:.

Another week in and they’ve just about been in their final pots for a couple of weeks now but I have to say, I’m not confident about this grow, something just isn’t right and I’m not sure what, they can also be deceiving, sometimes they look like they’re pulling through the worst of it, then at other times they look a bit sorry for themselves :unsure:

It also looks like I’ll have to cull RP#2 as she just isn’t developing and is a bit of a mutant. I did initially think it was the soil mix, but she was slow to crack and was a lot smaller than the others at pot up, plus I really didn’t think using about 1.5 litres of Westmorlands with around 4 - 4.5 litre of PM Soil would have such a dramatic effect, the Westmorlands was with added JI No 1 and suitable for young plants/seedings, what are peoples thoughts as there are a few other growers now saying they’re having similar problems?

On a positive note, they’re still growing and I’ve started a little bit of LST on them, just on the main cola for the moment which they are responding to, so I guess we’ll see what the next few weeks brings us and feed wise is still the same, just plain water with 0.5ml per litre PM Bio-Silicon and PM Catalyst.

That’s all for now and here’s some photos from earlier

gallery_57657_3504_60460.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_223260.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_26758.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_146975.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_47823.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_115937.jpg

gallery_57657_3504_99629.jpg

Stay Stoned :hippy:

• Like 4

hi serp,too bad that you'll have to cull RP#2,but she doesn't look right though does she :down:

everything else looks pretty good though mate.

when you say other growers are having problems do you mean with the red family strains or just all auto's?

haven't done any of these as yet so couldn't really have an opinion but i wouldn't say that it was the soil mix.the others would be same if it were,surely??

atb :smokin:

• Like 2