Zions Extract and Glass...

Zion

I dont know how you use this one, but I want it!!

Sack p glass & Jsyn Lord Collab

gallery_46062_3243_15510.jpg

lol @ sack P, he's called Zach Puchowitz.

Hint if you wanna buy some glass of him, don't call him a ballbag lol.

• Like 2

OLAC Lovely piece there m8 :yep:

Managed to get my recent run all done. Ive learned doing these bigger extractions, its a real pain in the ass trying to thin the oil out into a film. Anyway, another problem is Ive got too much! lol I had a dab last night, tiny amount just to see how it'd came out and literaly blew my head off :smokin: Its gonna take bloody ages to get thorugh it I think so just keeping it in the fridge, try and keep it fresh as possible, got about 6/7g..

gallery_69110_4497_3081.jpg

Care for a dab??

gallery_69110_4497_94763.jpg

Oh, almost forgot, most important question... Best way to clean the rig??

• Like 4

OLAC Lovely piece there m8 :yep:

Managed to get my recent run all done. Ive learned doing these bigger extractions, its a real pain in the ass trying to thin the oil out into a film. Anyway, another problem is Ive got too much! lol I had a dab last night, tiny amount just to see how it'd came out and literaly blew my head off :smokin: Its gonna take bloody ages to get thorugh it I think so just keeping it in the fridge, try and keep it fresh as possible, got about 6/7g..

gallery_69110_4497_3081.jpg

Care for a dab??

gallery_69110_4497_94763.jpg

Oh, almost forgot, most important question... Best way to clean the rig??

Cracking looking wax there zion! i'm in the same boat as you minus the awesome rig! i've done a big thermos run on all sub par GG buds from last year(4 litres first washed:spliff: ) i hope i've purged it well enough! mines in the freezer and i plan to crack off days worths into a little dab jar to keep peak freshness. dunno about cleaning but i remember seeing a recipe for claim candies :eat:

• Like 3

happy dabbing bro thats a healthy return.

i find the bigger runs much harder to purge, i freeze fresh bud and do smaller sprayed runs maybe 7-10 grams at a time, i find it purges easier and better and obviously keeps me burning fresh oil more often. it also means i only use 1 can of butane at a time which reduces the exploding risk lol

eta ipa i find cleans the rigs best, u can evap the ipa and get a kind of oil but its not very nice i tend to just bin it now or hot milk, it takes more effort than the ipa but if your feeling brave you can make hot choc but beware if ur rig is manky it will be very very strong.

Edited by honey oil
  • Like 2

Use boiling full fat milk and 1/2 fill ya rig, shake the fuck out of it to get as much of the claim off as you can, use this for a hot choc, then rinse a little cold water through it to get rid of any left over milk then finish it off using iso which you can evap and dab the claim. It looks like tar and tastes no where near as nice as the oil but it still gets you wasted.

It all depends on how much bud ya got floating about but I don't let any of mine go to waste.

Have you tried putting a small chunk on a pin and putting a lighter to it to see if it crackles or not, cos that looks way under purged due to it buddering so fast. How do you purge Zion?

Edited by -2hi
  • Like 2

Honey Oil Morning bro, thanks for the help. I think Im gonna have to try honey b extractor or OG's extractor. Going to see if making a smaller amount will help. Not gonna make hot choco from cleaning the rig, times ain that bad yet :wink: Defo need to clean her though...

2hi Thanks for the advice 2hi :yep: Its ironic as I purged this batch longer than any other. I also made the water hotter, dont know if this had made any difference? I never realised how much knowledge GrayWolf has on extraction, the guys a legend! Was reading through his site, most of which, going over my head lol Anyway, I purge in warm baths, how hot should I get the water m8? I think Im not making it easy on myself by trying to work with a lot at the one time. Gonna try using the little honey bee. Ive no tried putting a chunk on a pin, I guess if it crackles, it aint ready/ purged well enough yet? Any tips you can give will be great...

Cheers for the info on cleaning the rig aswell m8, much appreciated!

Next Question is....... I think Im torching the shit out my quartz nail. Anyone know of a quick replacement? Do folk prefer titanium nails or quartz etc....

Zion :hippy:

• Like 2

Morning bud,

Quartz nails heat up and cool down a lot faster than ti, ether is good but personaly I like the extra control u have of heat with ti.

If you have ur hot water baths too hot it can start things buddering the trick is genntle heat for longer time. I try and leave an air gap between the catching plate and the hot water to keep temps low. A good fan assisted oven does quite well at lowest temp u can but its very easy to go too hot and waste it.

• Like 2

Awesome thread Zion. I've never been into extracts but this thread may well have pushed me into giving it a go, that bho looks delicious. :grubsup:

Edit: Nice camera work btw, would have repped every one of those great photos but I've used my daily quota already and it's only half 9. lol

Edited by Mr Bond
  • Like 1

Morning bud,

Quartz nails heat up and cool down a lot faster than ti, ether is good but personaly I like the extra control u have of heat with ti.

If you have ur hot water baths too hot it can start things buddering the trick is genntle heat for longer time. I try and leave an air gap between the catching plate and the hot water to keep temps low. A good fan assisted oven does quite well at lowest temp u can but its very easy to go too hot and waste it.

Ahhh, I think thats where Ive went wrong this run then. I was thinking to myself earlier, Ive had nicer oil when Ive purged nowhere near as long. Guess I mustve boiled the water far too hot as I remember when It had just about cooled down, it was almost like honeycomb before I scraped it up. I might have a pretty decent grasp on the growing side of things but can definatley be learning a bit more about getting a cleaner extract product. I just sit the dish in the water :headpain: Guess I shouldnt put the heat so close? Cheers Honey Oil :yep:

Chris E Hey bro! Defo keeping a few of our exrtact needs under control in here, cheers for the kind words and feel free to add any glass or extract!

Mr Bond Hey Mr Bond, nice to see you in here m8. lol I used to always run of rep early, get your subbie payed and you can rep away all day :wink: Yeah, theres plenty of info in here on whatever method or extract your wanting to try. I would start with dry sift first if I was you then move onto oil extraction especially if youve not tried much extract, shit blows your head off lol Stop by anytime m8, look forward to seeing how you get on..

Zion :hippy:

Edited by Zion
  • Like 2

Mouth watering mate,top notch stuff.

Some lovely looking glass aswell,keep them pictures coming.

Penny.

• Like 3