Zions Extract and Glass...

Zion

• 3 months later...

Wow Amazing.Top extracts and photography.

I've been drooling over this thread for days,been reading it from start to finish over last cpl of nights.

ordered me a box of Newport and tried my 1st run per Madgiz how to for dummies (great easy to follow method), with some recently fresh dried killer trim that had already seen the ice bags.

2 tins later and some purging (all done outdoors) in water bath and pretty impressed with 1st attempt especially as I'd bubbled the trim 1st.

Got some Q's I really like the idea of being able to purge the bho of the butane using the VAC method to preserve the yummy terps,so what size vac chambers and pumps are you using?

More to the point any helpful Links for uk, I've found 1 engineering Co in Bristol area that sell what i think is needed for the job.

Sold as a kit 3cfm pump though that looks as if it could be slightly on the small side £350ish for the chamber pump gauges etc?

Happy dabbing.

• Like 1

A true scholar thank you very muchly, half the price of what I'd been looking at to!!

Am I right in saying a 5cfm pump is more suitable for purpose, as the kits are supplied with 1.5cfm?

Could be here in time for crimbo :0

Anything above 3cfm is grand for the job imo.

The prices are excluding vat.

Edited by VicFirth12
  • Like 1

The CFM number is just how quickly the vacuum will be achieved, the micron rating is how deep of a vacuum the pump call pull. The lower the micron number, the deeper the vacuum. Typically, higher CFM pumps will have better/lower micron numbers.

• Like 2

I use a cheapo bottom of the range vac pump from ebay, I make a batch of oils every week and my pump is perfect for what I need. I ditched my vac chamber and now use a chamber I built myself, its made from a kilner jar. I put the bho in a silicone baking mould then into the chamber. the chamber is so small it hits full vac very quickly, I then disconnect it and sit it on the radiator for the purge. its a very convenient and effective set up.

med_gallery_6671_4461_88992.jpg

• Like 8

@@Shogun - Just make sure that the glass doesn't break. I know we want shatter, but not shattered glass. :D

Seeing as this is a glass thread, here are some new additions to my cabinet.

Badabing Glaswerk Cut Glass

med_gallery_70722_6699_440696.jpg

med_gallery_70722_6699_60889.jpg

med_gallery_70722_6699_323380.jpg

Dok's Dab A Doo Gift

med_gallery_70722_6699_227124.jpg

med_gallery_70722_6699_111340.jpg

I didn't notice at the time, but I got piece 26, which is one of my lucky numbers. :D

Edited by KingBlueRizla
  • Like 9

@@Vicfirth12 - Indeed they are. I saw a few of of his other similar rigs in the Damprking Gallery last month. Truly stunning, double the price or so, but such niece pieces. Good job I didn't know my credit card pin at the time. :D

• Like 1

@@Shogun

what did you use to put a hole in that kilner?

a thread for making one of those would be ace mate :)

atb hari

I got someone who works with glass to drill it for me but it should be fairly easy to do it yourself, comrade stoker posted some pics today of a kilner lid he had drilled over in his fermented foods thread. glass drill bits are only a few pound on flea bay.

im going to make a slightly improved version, with out the white silicone and a hose that fully disconnects then I will post a thread guide but its fairly straight forward. im also slightly concerned about how safe it is so im gonna give it a good testing first. hopefully it doesn't implode.

• Like 2

@@Shogun - Just make sure that the glass doesn't break. I know we want shatter, but not shattered glass. :D

Seeing as this is a glass thread, here are some new additions to my cabinet.

Badabing Glaswerk Cut Glass

med_gallery_70722_6699_440696.jpg

med_gallery_70722_6699_60889.jpg

med_gallery_70722_6699_323380.jpg

Dok's Dab A Doo Gift

med_gallery_70722_6699_227124.jpg

med_gallery_70722_6699_111340.jpg

I didn't notice at the time, but I got piece 26, which is one of my lucky numbers. :D

You'll have one for every day of the month soon!

I've been watching your addiction ahherm mean collection growing :)

Just treated myself to a lil perc rig found in local town.

walked in on of chance to see if\ what they had and blow me just literally putting some on shelf's hadn't even priced em up.

Number 3 for me to OG's pieces and this new prezzy :))

• Like 1