Blue ones, is UGORG blues the best?

DarkMeditations

Unless one has grown and smoked both UGORG BLUES SEEDS , DJ SHORT ORIGINAL BLUEBERRY , UK BLUES CUT, how would one know either way?

DJ SHORT ORIGINAL BLUEBERRY - has a very distinct smell, flavour & high.

I found UGORG Blues (not the UK clone) very similar in smell and flavour to DJ Shorts 'Original' from back in the days (not the new lot) (both done from seed).

Anyway..

UGORG Blues = Blues x KillerSkunk

Killerskunk = Blues x SmellyBerry

Smellyberry = Blues x Original Blueberry

Obviously some trait of Blueberry still in there.

The High - that's another story.

Arnold do you grow UGORG Blues extensively - to test all vars - or do you mainly grow UK Clone only Blues? (just wondered)

Anyway much respect to you Arnold :)

Basically 'UGORG BLUES SEEDS ' is a var of a cross between 'UK BLUES CUT' (SK1 cloned var) X DJ SHORT 'ORIGINAL BLUEBERRY' (var of)

I would say that the UGORG BLUES SEEDS plant structure is very close to 'UK BLUES CUT'

peace

cbc

Edited by cbc

Guest SmokeyToke

Smokeytoke no bad vibes - but unless you have grown and smoked both UGORG BLUES SEEDS , DJ SHORT ORIGINAL BLUEBERRY, UK BLUES CUT, how would you know either way?

Basically 'UGORG BLUES SEEDS ' is a var of a cross between 'UK BLUES CUT' (SK1 cloned var) X DJ SHORT 'ORIGINAL BLUEBERRY' (var of)

I have grown & smoked UGORG BLUES & DJ SHORTS BLUEBERRY (original from late nineties - not the new batches) - cured over 1 year etc etc - many vars - DJ SHORTS ORIGINAL BLUEBERRY is definately present in my opinion - more so in some vars - 'Cheese' is also present too.

I would say that the UGORG BLUES SEEDS plant structure is very close to 'UK BLUES CUT'

peace

cbc

I should have said, I've smoked plenty of original blueberry from back in the day

You're forgetting about the concept of breeding - From other's reviews of UGORG Blues, the blueberry taste just isn't there and its definatley of a skunk. I don't really care if blueberry is present in anything else except the smell and taste the bud, otherwise it just isn't a blue strain. For any strain to be classed as a blue strain, I would argue that blueberry taste and smell has to be close to dominant in the bud, it has to be strong enough to be worthy of the name.

The purpose of back crossing a strain is to concentrate the traits you want in a plant and weed out the ones you do not. The original blues cut isn't blueberry, its a skunk, its classed as a skunk, not a blueberry. The blueberry dominance in UGORG blues has been bred out of the line by bx'ing to the original cut in order to get something very very close to the original in plant and more importantly bud (a unique skunk #1) . That being the case, it is not reasonable to class blues or UGORG blues as blue strain, because they aren't, they are skunk clones and recreations respectivley.

:yinyang:

Edited by SmokeyToke
  • Like 2

Guest SmokeyToke

Come across 'blazing blues' on another site recently, blues x casey jones I think it was..

So there are others playing with the blues 'cut'.. Not only UGORG....

Unless its UGORG Blues x Casey Jones ;)

• Like 1

Guest SmokeyToke

Don't forget Blues is just a name, it hasn't got anything to do with blueberry, you must be aware that the original cut is also called Livers. Which, if I'm right was its original name. ;)

• Like 3

hi peeps

I think the clone only var grown by mr Arnold layne is definetley an old skunk 1 var, which is the true livers I believe,i don't think there is any blueberry in it whatsoever, I also think that were a lot of confusion lies is were people are calling some strain only cuts blues, the fact that these cuts have a blueberry cheese background is were people are mistaking the two. they are two totally different genetic makeups in all honesty.

atb 4k

the confusion surrounding ugorgs breeding is what does me ,I understand that the livers cut and djs blueberry was used at the offset with further backcrosses to the livers cut to eventually create the ugorg plant named blues. the strain should have been named livers if you ask me. the blues ibl confuses me also which version of blues was used was it the livers cut or the blueberry cheese cut. im sure oldtimer or someone else mentions that there was two blues cuts originally and im just wondering what happened with the other one.

atb 4k

• Like 1

the confusion surrounding ugorgs breeding is what does me ,I understand that the livers cut and djs blueberry was used at the offset with further backcrosses to the livers cut to eventually create the ugorg plant named blues. the strain should have been named livers if you ask me. the blues ibl confuses me also which version of blues was used was it the livers cut or the blueberry cheese cut. im sure oldtimer or someone else mentions that there was two blues cuts originally and im just wondering what happened with the other one.

atb 4k

I dont know why you say there's any confusion when you've just got it pretty spot on. :yep:

In sheffield where the cut originates Blues/Livers are one and the same, two names for the same plant.

Livers was the guy who found the clone, I didnt think it was very good form plastering his name allover the internet so we've always referred to it as blues.

What peeps refer to as blues in the rest of the country is often blue cheese, killerskunk or UGORG blues, never blueberry.

I dont doubt some people have it outside the city but I wouldn't say it was a common clone like I love my brick suggested, up until we released the seeds it wasn't anyway.

Fact is its no longer a clone only, we've done such a good job with the seeds you can grow your own blues plants over and over again.

Why would anybody risk growing a suspected blues clone with no provenance when you can get guaranteed blues plants from seed? :smoke:

the blues ibl confuses me also which version of blues was used was it the livers cut or the blueberry cheese cut. im sure oldtimer or someone else mentions that there was two blues cuts originally and im just wondering what happened with the other one.

atb 4k

Blueberry cheese cut?

I dont even know what that is.

The blues we use like I said above is the livers clone.

I do have two slightly different blues cuttings(I used both to make KillerSkunk), Ot1 and Arnold Layne have the livers.

Our blues seed produce blues plants boys and girls.

Although I would agree that there's distinct musky blueberry undertones(the strain not the fruit) in KillerSkunk, blues is all blues-fruityberryskunkyness, IMO ofcourse.

The IBL is an inbred version of UGORG blues and still a work in progress, only a handfull of people have tried it.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 9

I do have two slightly different blues cuttings(I used both to make KillerSkunk), Ot1 and Arnold Layne have the livers.

Hi VRG

Just wandering if both cuts were found by mr Livers from the same pack of seeds? And also do you know what strain they where found from was it skunk #1?

Cheers

Edited by Mr Herbert
  • Like 1

That bit confused me a bit, what's the background of your two 'blues' cuts mate, and how do they differ from Ot1's and Arnolds cuts?

e2a: beat me to it Mr Herbert :skin_up:

Edited by Sawney Bean

I was given both as blues/livers, the finished product is identical.

To the extent Ot1 came to the conclusion they were both probably the same plant just one showing its age more than the other, thats how alike they are.

Arnie and Ot1 got them from me..a long time ago.

Im not a story teller, I stick to facts and thats the only reason I mentioned the 2 blues clones.

I know people love a good story but i'll leave that to the story tellers, there's enough of em.

Im more comfortable making a shit hot hybrid that sells itself than trying to sell a shit hybrid with a good story. :stoned:

• Like 20

Thanks VRG I was only asking because I enjoy reading about the history of strains, Im enjoying a few bubblers of UGORG blues atm :bong: mmmmm Palma violets.

Guest SmokeyToke

Thats a bit confusing VRG, I always thought your blues came from a direct livers line

If you don't mind me asking are you saying your killerskunk was created from OT1's blues (which in turn was created from the livers cut)? Was KS bx'd with ot1's blues or livers to make your blues?

Slightly off topic, but also, I've seen esb mentioned a few times in ot1's work, what is esb? :yinyang:

Thats a bit confusing VRG, I always thought your blues came from a direct livers line

If you don't mind me asking are you saying your killerskunk was created from OT1's blues (which in turn was created from the livers cut)? Was KS bx'd with ot1's blues or livers to make your blues?

Slightly off topic, but also, I've seen esb mentioned a few times in ot1's work, what is esb? :yinyang:

To quote Mr Layne from 2006

Many years ago an Old Grower, a very very Old Time Grower, the first of all true growers that ever were, climbed a very high mountain in the Garden of Eden. When he arrived at its peak he was so tired he fell asleep. In his sleep he beheld the Lord Shiva ride down from heaven on the back of Vic Reeves, and cause a huge and resinous plant to grow over the sleeping grower to shade him from the sun. Then a thousand nubile virgins gently ravaged the old grower in his sleep, until finally he awoke with a start! Alas! There were no virgins abounding, 'twas all a dream! He stayed sitting for a while (for it was hard), and then unfurling his hand he beheld seven seeds. So he came down the mountain and started to grow the most potent Cannabis anywhere ever grown. Then one day he stumbled upon a strange land known as UK420, and the people of that land (being very wise and very smashed off of their tits like) immediatrely siezed him, and installed him as their Sage in Residence. To this day he sits upon a Golden throne in a secret area of the Modroom, guarded by mighty warriors of Zion, and guiding the hands of all, all that will learn in the sacred art of growing bloody good puff.
  • Like 3