Blue ones, is UGORG blues the best?

DarkMeditations

one of my friends is a geneticist. he says that the best chance to preserve a clone in seeds form is by making s1's.

eitherway.. blues/livers clone only is great. its lineage is subjective. not sure why someone wouldput this in seed for because its about as common as exodus theses days. there are more very good strains (which are not common like the livers) which would be great to sell in seed form.

one qustion i have arny.. why do you want to mother the ugorg ibl if you already have the livers and they are both ''identical''?

Edited by I love my brick

Peace & much respect Arnold - cbc

The BB used by UGORG is not the BB you get in seed form today, I don't think. I believe an old cut from DJ Short? But I am not privvy to UGORG's secrets, so don't know for sure. But I do know it is not the BB being sold in seed format today.

Respect to you too, cbc.

I've got ten Blues seeds, a question for you, if I may Arnie?

What difference is there between Ugorg Blues and IBL, if any?

Just wondering mate :yinyang:

I have only grown a few IBL seeds, and kept back one female. So it would be ridiculous to try and answer that question ~ you are better aiming it at VRG I suspect. Between the pheno I have and the Blues Mother I have, there is difference of intensity, if I may say it like that. The IBL is like Blues++

one qustion i have arny.. why do you want to mother the ugorg ibl if you already have the livers and they are both ''identical''?

I never said they were identical?

The IBL is interesting, it is much more to the Sativa side of the Blues. I am running a diary, if you look you will see the differences and also the similarities.

In any case, I don't believe you can judge a plant just by one grow. Its taken me nigh on ten years to feel at home with the Blues clone only plant I have, and I'm still learning her ways; how can I expect anything less to work when it comes to assessing the IBL? People who judge a strain on the basis of one grow from one pack of seed, are not really to be believed when it comes down to it. It takes time, patience and multiple grows over a good few generations before you can speak with any confidence about a strain of cannabis. IMHO.

• Like 4

Hey Arnold, yes I'm talking about the Original DJ Short Blueberry - which I've had the pleasure of growing out more than once - this was from around 15 years ago so late nineties (1998 ish) - the Real Deal from across the pond. ;)

I still have seeds but they just won't germinate anymore :(

NB I think BB won cups around 2000 ish too - so the dates tie in perfect.

I never said they were identical?

The IBL is interesting, it is much more to the Sativa side of the Blues. I am running a diary, if you look you will see the differences and also the similarities.

In any case, I don't believe you can judge a plant just by one grow. Its taken me nigh on ten years to feel at home with the Blues clone only plant I have, and I'm still learning her ways; how can I expect anything less to work when it comes to assessing the IBL? People who judge a strain on the basis of one grow from one pack of seed, are not really to be believed when it comes down to it. It takes time, patience and multiple grows over a good few generations before you can speak with any confidence about a strain of cannabis. IMHO.

ten years is a long time to understand a strain. but i guess because you do very small wardrobe grows you flower out less per run than most. i dont think you can judge astrain by one grow. ive been flowering a few cut a few times now and one in particular improves with age i think.

• 3 weeks later...

But I do know the original clone is unrelated to Blueberry. And the UGORG seeds I have grown out were remarkable in their proximity to the original. The IBL likewise ~ although visually she is different and the hit is sort of Blues++ :) But smell, type of hit etc, all so very close, if not identical.

I look forward to finding some BB traits, but so far I have not done so.

But how do you know the original clone is unrelated to blueberry anyway, It's history remains a mystery, that much has been certain so far. Not saying it is , but don't claim you know something when you just don't.

Agree with cbc, have seen/tasted old 90s blueberry in both killerskunk and blues, not hard really, seen as it its in the breeding process.

Oh and to be honest there is afghani and mexican genetics in both skunk and blueberry the only difference being colombian(skunk) and thai(blueberry). So the potential for certain tastes/terpene profiles is totally possible.

And way to go on being helpful arnold, was quite hard reading through this thread, you come across as a complete douche.

• Like 1

But how do you know ..... you come across as a complete douche.

0/10

I would have given a reasoned argument, but your hostile attitude and language make your post unworthy of response.

From the Forum Regulations, to which you agreed when you joined:

In other words, you agree to treat all members within the community with respect.
  • Like 6

. not sure why someone wouldput this in seed for because its about as common as exodus theses days.

Im in the frozen wastelands,where am I gonna get exodus cheese or blues/livers clones from? :unsure: Ive never seen any goin around and none of my mates have either. There is a small selection of clones goin around a small group of acquaintances but nothin "elite" or unique.

These seeds offer lads like myself the best if not only chance to have a gro at them :skin_up:

Onwards n upwards

Salty

:pugwash:

Edited by oldsalty
  • Like 10

But how do you know the original clone is unrelated to blueberry anyway, It's history remains a mystery, that much has been certain so far. Not saying it is , but don't claim you know something when you just don't.

Agree with cbc, have seen/tasted old 90s blueberry in both killerskunk and blues, not hard really, seen as it its in the breeding process.

Oh and to be honest there is afghani and mexican genetics in both skunk and blueberry the only difference being colombian(skunk) and thai(blueberry). So the potential for certain tastes/terpene profiles is totally possible.

And way to go on being helpful arnold, was quite hard reading through this thread, you come across as a complete douche.

I honestly cant taste any 90's blueberry in blues (and yes I smoked enough of it). Killer Skunk maybe some phenos were berry tasting but certainly not spot on for 90's blueberry....that really wouldnt be a bad thing anyway but just not tasting that.

Arnold has been nothing but helpful to people in this thread and certainly has not come across badly at all....why so hostile?

As for its genetics, there seems to be one dominate pheno of blues from seed which I have got most times (which is a high yielding beautiful plant which I assume is the representation of blues), had another couple of times (not as high yielding but very nice)and a one off which I am not so keen on but is still average yielding and is much better than most strains out there. Think I have popped about 25 seeds now so I have tried a few.

You can talk all you want about what genetics make up the strain but it isnt blueberry, thai, etc its BLUES. To me it offers a very unique happy buzz that doesnt make me tired but relaxes and soothes but when Im ready for bed it helps me sleep. It doesnt trigger my anxiety like some strains (heavy sativas) and doesnt bore me (heavy indicas).

I sure it is very close to the clone but I dont really care, in seed form it is amazing and is perfect for my growing needs. I have a lot of multi strain diaries on here....notice how I always have a Blues or two in there almost every grow, my stash feels empty without it!

• Like 6

just my tuppence worth but im gonna say it anyway

ive been a member on these boards for the last few years but been around for a lot longer than that. what I have learned over the years is that some people have helped me out so much with my hobby , Arnold layne being one of them. when I first started visiting this site I used to love reading his posts, and is ramblings,it was pretty obvious to me that the man was really passionate about weed, and it rubbed off on me, ill just say ive a lot of respect for the man. i do not know him personally, and have never met him, i sit back and listen to what the man says because I enjoy listening to my elders especially when they educate me for free.

for someone to call Arnold layne a douche fucks me rite off and just shows a total lack of respect for people that have made this site what it is today

so, here we go. to the man that made this statement.

have a bit of respect pal because I aint got a fucking ounce for you,

4kali

• Like 25

'you come across as a douche' and 'your a douche' are slightly different but hey lets not argue semantics. Arnolds attitude put a downer on the thread for me.

10 posts to your name and you come out with a statement like that? To a well respected member who's contributed over 35,000 posts to the community? You must have a massive circle of friends with an attitude like that.

Totally unrelated but I've just found this new emoticon ! :wanker:

Edited by Mr Bond
  • Like 6

That not nice nor is it respectful

I like Arnold he is a good

As for you, may I say that seem like a device for cleansing orifices

• Like 1

Guest SmokeyToke

Back on topic....

I've never actually smoked UGORG blues, so you may say I can't truely speak from experience, which is fair enough, but....

Purely on the smell of mine at 3 weeks veg, I'd say there is definatley some blueberry left in it, the smell of blueberry then was unmistakeable. Right now it smells like roast chicken, so it isn't a smell that sticks and from what I've been told its closer to a very very tasty cheese and came from the same skunk #1 lineage that cheese did.

That being said, there wouldn't be anywhere near enough blueberry left it in to be classed as a "blue strain", and is actually a skunk sideline. The blueberry in it could be in the form of leaf structure, yield, or vigour and absolutley nothing to do with the taste or high.

:yinyang: