Blue ones, is UGORG blues the best?

DarkMeditations

That sounds an awful idea..

:yep:

Don't it just!

mmm blues is nice but theres better uk clone onlys out there.

Better is not a word I would use. Its an individual preference thing, what I like you may not, and so on. For me, the Blues clone and the IBL are bang on the money. But maybe they aren't for you? Does that make them better or worse? No, hardly. Just different, for different people.

People seem to be struggling mightily to grasp the concept that Blues ain't Blueberry or even related to it (not in the original clone format). Don't know why, its a simple enough concept I would have thought.

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 6

When Arnold talks about 'Blues' he always means the 'clone only' - not UGORG Blues seeds! - Peeps seem to get confused.

Clone only 'Blues' is a var of SK1.

UGORG Blues does have heritage of the famous 'Blueberry' - take a look at the UGORG site.

I find UGORG Blues very similar to DJ Shorts Original Blueberry (not as strong though).

cbc

Edited by cbc

@ cbc

Do you not think that the cubing process would have pretty much got rid of any Blueberry undertones in the Blues? I haven't heard anyone else mention a similarity ~ is it the smell, taste or hit, or all of the above?

As to "Strength", I've always told folks, Blues is not the strongest I've ever smoked. But for me, it is the sweetest, and the must useful (medicinally speaking).

But I'm intrigued, and wait to hear from you how you see the Blueberry influence.

• Like 4

@ cbc

Do you not think that the cubing process would have pretty much got rid of any Blueberry undertones in the Blues? I haven't heard anyone else mention a similarity ~ is it the smell, taste or hit, or all of the above?

Some of my friends couldn't understand that Blues is not Blueberry or Blue Cheese. Then again, those people couldn't tell the difference between Scott's OG and UK Cheese. :wallbash:

• Like 1

I found UGORG Blues (not the UK clone) very similar in smell and flavour to DJ Shorts 'Original' from back in the days (not the new lot) (both done from seed).

Anyway..

UGORG Blues = Blues x KillerSkunk

Killerskunk = Blues x SmellyBerry

Smellyberry = Blues x Original Blueberry

Obviously some trait of Blueberry still in there.

The High - that's another story.

Arnold do you grow UGORG Blues extensively - to test all vars - or do you mainly grow UK Clone only Blues? (just wondered)

Anyway much respect to you Arnold :)

lol

I grow an old mother Blues from way back, and I also grow from seed. Not UGORG exclusively, I grow all sorts but I also have an Original Blues going through the flowering process every time. So right now I have a Mother Blues (Original cut), an IBL plant in process of being Mothered up, and I also have some Cantaloupe Skunk, Nicely White and some UGORG#1 going through the process. The Cantaloupe Skunk is an American strain I'm testing; the Nicely White is an old hack of mine I did 12 years ago, and the seeds are still viable. Diary links are in my Sig below ;)

lol

I grow in small WarDrobes, but right now I have some 20 plants in various stages of growth. Small grow space should not be a problem for anyone wanting to sample various or even many strains, you just need planning and patience.

Ref the Blues/Blueberry thing, I'm quite surprised you've found a strong Blueberry pheno; normally cubing would remove such a likelihood. I'd Mother that one up, it could be interesting as a Hack parent. I imagine you could reduce the Blueberry elements by crossing it back to a "Blues" grown from seed, or even to an IBL. Then again, maybe you could do the reverse, and cross it to a Smellyberry, and increase the BB traits?? I don't know if that would work, I'm no breeder. But I'd be tempted to play about :yes::)

• Like 8

"Casey Jones in the hope of adding a lot more trichome coverage without compromising on taste and hopefully adding more couchlock to the high."

Casey's a mostly sativa strain so fuck knows where they get the idea of gleaning any couchlock out of it??

• Like 1

Blues is different and awesome end off ......no imitations...

Do you mean 'UGORG Blues seeds' or the 'Blues UK clone' ?

Edited by cbc

Anyway..

UGORG Blues = Blues x KillerSkunk

Killerskunk = Blues x SmellyBerry

Smellyberry = Blues x Original Blueberry

Obviously some trait of Blueberry still in there.

less and less with each successive backcrossing to the clone.

• Like 2

less and less with each successive backcrossing to the clone.

Yes as you said with each 'successive' backcross - also there are only a few steps so far - so not quite there yet!

Also nature has a habit of dictating life over human intervention - it's a funny old thing!

That's why Blueberry (DJ short) is still present in UGORG Blues Seed vars..

If you havent yet had Original Blueberry (grown, cured, smoked, tasted) - then there is no comparison to judge by.

Much respect to you :)

cbc

Yes as you said with each 'successive' backcross - also there are only a few steps so far - so not quite there yet!

Also nature has a habit of dictating life over human intervention - it's a funny old thing!

That's why Blueberry (DJ short) is still present in UGORG Blues Seed vars..

If you havent yet had Original Blueberry (grown, cured, smoked, tasted) - then there is no comparison to judge by.

Much respect to you :)

cbc

I may be wrong, but as far as I know, UGORG have never revealed the fine detail of how they breed their strains. How many steps have been taken? I do not know? Only a few? Or perhaps quite a few more than you think? No wind up, I just don't know and am curious where your "few steps" is from ~ have I missed something? Or are you just referring to the cubing process, outlined by many? If so, did VRG stop there? I don't know, again!

But I do know the original clone is unrelated to Blueberry. And the UGORG seeds I have grown out were remarkable in their proximity to the original. The IBL likewise ~ although visually she is different and the hit is sort of Blues++ :) But smell, type of hit etc, all so very close, if not identical.

I look forward to finding some BB traits, but so far I have not done so.

I recall when rainbow trout were introduced to Stocks reservoir. The GK was telling us all that they could not breed and would need stocking every season. He also said they would never enter the river system feeding the reservoir.

lol

Tit!

Nature took one year to give the lie to his every word. The very next season the shore was awash with Rainbow fry! And the river system was losing Brownies to Rainbows.

Are there any wild Brown Trout left in the UK?

Sorry.... :offtopic:

I really respect your views Arnold! - I agree we Humans are a product of nature - we don't, won't and will never control it fully however much we think we know now or in the future.

Re. UGORG breeding - who knows how many steps (that is trade secret) - the fact is BB was used in the cubing process for UGORG Blues seeds.

UGORG Blues seeds wouldn't exist without BB - fact.

UGORG Blues seeds wouldn't exist without UK Blues Clone (or SK1 var as it is really) - fact.

UK Blues clone - if you can get it (the actual real thing) - you are very lucky!

One must ask one's self where did BB derive from?

One must ask one's self where did SK1 derive from and what traits like cubing / breeding etc made the SK1 UK Blues cut so good/different to stand out above the other vars in the SK1 line.

Peace & much respect Arnold - cbc

I've got ten Blues seeds, a question for you, if I may Arnie?

What difference is there between Ugorg Blues and IBL, if any?

Just wondering mate :yinyang:

• Like 1