Uploading Images

Administrator

This is a complete nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the last hour, I've managed to work out how to create a gallery but even following the instructions to post pics does not work. I click on said pictue and get no "share image" or anything like a BB code??

This place is full of stoners not computer geeks. Poor old grandad. I reakon this will be the end of a fair few people posting pictures.

Does having firefox have anything to do with it??

When you upload a pic to your gallery as you said then on the right hand side next to the pic there will be a share button?, if you cant see it then that's because the pic is in the way, then just click the top bar/link of writing and the BB code will show, from there copy and insert into thread!

gallery_71629_4245_214138.jpg

gallery_71629_4245_90459.jpg

Hope that helps you mate!

• Like 3

Guest rasclaart_2011

It took me ages to figure that out yesterday. I didn't want to click on those words as I wasn't sure what it said behind the pic.

Guest Sid-Vicious

See, now why couldn't that of been the first post on this thread? Thanks MJR. My hero :)

Good luck Joolz, and thanks for being brave enough to take on the upgrade! The new gallery features sound superb, and I'm looking forward to getting familiar with all the changes.

Folks, you have no idea how much work is involved in Upgrades like this. If you knew how many hours, and what complexity is involved in Upgrading the forum software, you would not be so quick to toss your hands in the air or your toys out of the pram. If Joolz can put in the effort it seems churlish in the extreme to moan about "change" and give up trying to understand it after a few pathetic dabs at your keyboard!

What I do not understand is how anyone can switch from pen and paper to computer, and then feel daunted by a little software upgrade! C'mon peeps, its not that hard, is it now!

• Like 9

Guest Sid-Vicious

Brave? He hardly deserves a medal.

Just seems strange to change when it seemed like no one ever complained about the original system.

Obviously everyone will/have to adjust but i'm sure there are gonna be plenty who just either can't or can't be arsed.

I'm sure the mods will get fucked off with people like me hassling them.

The old way was so easy and the computer pro's could use the new way before so i don't really see the benefits to us, the users.

• Like 3

Guest Sid-Vicious

Same here! How anyone is suppose to know the button is hidden behind the picture is anyones guess.

• Like 1

Guest rasclaart_2011

When you get the bb code, do you just paste that straight into the post, or do you click the insert image icon and put the code in there?

Just paste it where you want it to appear in you post mate.. really is very easy and I think its better that everyone uses their gallerys, that way other users can look through your pics without having to find them in specific threads :smoke:

Brave? He hardly deserves a medal.

Just seems strange to change when it seemed like no one ever complained about the original system.

You have never done a forum upgrade, have you? ;) He deserves a medal, mate, and our thanks.

And when were you made privvy to Admin's PM box, that you can say "no one ever complained"?

If I can learn how to post pics, anyone can. All you ever have to do is ask someone.

I am glad that there is an Upgrade going on. Personally, I welcome change, it generally makes for a much better site.

But hey, if you feel you just can't understand whatever it will be that Joolz does in the Upgrade, and that you've just got to move on, and find a simpler place to dwell, ......

Shame though, as I'm sure you must have a lot to share and offer that would help others in their growing.

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 2

Seems pretty easy to me. Who's complaining? :wassnnme:

What business is that of yours? Absolutely None ;)