Jim's Competition Diary

Organic Jim

those side buds are indeed at the perfect canopy hight, and the growth seems to be rapid in the coco.

Are you planning to get the dual spec 400W on them soon? I think they will love it. Mind you the MH has done a nice job so far, but the dual spec should fatten the girls up nicely. It is all shaping up nicely

Hello Tony, hope you're good mate.

The canopy has gone a bit uneven since last update! The 2 Taiga, one in particular have shot up over the last week.

This is day 25-ish,

The girls at home

gallery_16392_4204_170281.jpg

You can see how the Taiga have taken over

gallery_16392_4204_197530.jpg

• Like 4

it is looking lush and really nice, you will enjoy the next few weeks. I wonder if it is worth tieing down the main cola on the left hand Taiga? Maybe putting a hole through the rim of the other plant pots and slowly pulling it down a bit ?

Are the girls under HPS yet or is it still MH ?

keep it up Jim, it looks like you have some big auto's in the making

I wanted to add that they seem to be filling the tent up very nicely indeed Jim, they have responded well to that combination of MH lighting, coco and your nutrient regime. Do you mind saying a bit more about the coco and nutrients you use ?

For 25 days I am more-than impressed and I hope that it continues. Do you always grow things this quickly heh heh

Fingers-croosed that those Taiga keep roughly the same hight as the Think Differents and don't force the light too far away from shorter ones.

it is looking lush and really nice, you will enjoy the next few weeks. I wonder if it is worth tieing down the main cola on the left hand Taiga? Maybe putting a hole through the rim of the other plant pots and slowly pulling it down a bit ?

Are the girls under HPS yet or is it still MH ?

keep it up Jim, it looks like you have some big auto's in the making

I considered tying them down this morning, I really wanted to leave everything as natural as possible, but I think these long legged lovelies require some discipline. :pitchfork:

The girls are still under the MH, as moving house day is 12 days away, I was going to change bulbs when the kit is dismantled and in the new place.

Here's the rest of today's update

Think Differents together

gallery_16392_4204_291017.jpg

and a look at the top tips of TD to show the flowers are just starting

gallery_16392_4204_141011.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_101843.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_40167.jpg

:smokin:

• Like 2

This is the Taiga together.

gallery_16392_4204_313163.jpg

from the side to show le stretch. :skin_up:

gallery_16392_4204_301004.jpg

And some shots of the branch tips and main tops. The Taiga have very nice zig-zag branching on the tips.

gallery_16392_4204_12406.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_60084.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_66062.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_97882.jpg

There's a pronounced odour of fresh green cannabis when I open the tent each morning now.

The plants are having a 2L jug of 1.2EC, 5.8-6.2pH feed twice a day. One at around 730am, the other around 6pm.

Temps are OK, warm but not hot, still on passive intake.

All good really! Nothing bad to report. :bong:

Thanks for reading,

Oh Jay

• Like 4

Tony, I just noticed your 2nd comment.

I'm using just Canna Pro Coco Coir, no clay pebbles. The feed is Vitalink Grow and just switching to Vitalink Bloom this week.

I'm still using up the HESI 'vitamins' bottle at 1 drop per 2l, every feed. I'm not sure if it does anything but it smells of strong multivit pills!

EC is 1.2, pH is between 5.8 and 6.2.

Oh, and I changed the bulb for the Dual Spec, and tied down the Taiga tonight based on Tony's expert advice. :wink: :B)::skin_up:

I'll try and get some pics and a definitive 'day since first green seen' date tomorrow.

Thanks again folks

Oh Jay

• Like 2

Looking cool OJ, must say those ladies are coming up quick especially the Taiga, good luck with the move on both counts.

H2

good move on the dual spec and tieing-down of the Taiga's Jim. And I still can't get over just how quickly these girls have grown in the first 3-and-a-bit weeks. As murray walker would have said 'sensational' lol

You should become a canna photographer one day, I love the photo's you produce ! Looking forward to the next update. This diary has me glued to it. With the bloom nutes and the dual spec HPS bulb it will be bud-fest soon

mid-week tension got to me and I had to ask 'what do they look like Jim ?'

I bet they are looking HOT! heh heh

Hiya chaps, Sorry about the delay! You know how some weeks get! :wallbash:

I'll give you the update right away.

It is officially day 31 since seeds sprouted their seed leaves.

Both the Think Different are looking a little droopy leaved at the minute, they are like this in the morning at lights on. In the evening they're a little perkier but they've got me bothered :unsure: . I've got them on the same feed as the Taiga which is 1.3EC bloom feed, and the Taiga look fine. Any ideas what's up Folks?

Also, they're barely flowering compared to the Taiga. Time will tell, eh?

I'll let the photos tell the story.

Here are the Droopy Drawers TD

gallery_16392_4204_211146.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_104909.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_91219.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_122162.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_216921.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_192317.jpg

Those Think Different don't look as good. I wonder if they could do with lighter feed than the Taiga Jim. Thats what I would try if it is possible. Have you got the light on for 20 hours each day?

• Like 1

I was wondering if it might be overfeeding, as the leaf tips look a little yellow.

I'm going to give everyone a clean water feed tonight, then maybe top feed individually from tomorrow. :unsure:

Yes Tony lights are still 20/4 and will remain so until the Night Queen is ready to flip. :wink:

Taiga pics coming next... :bong:

Hey Oh Jay :yep:

Coincidentally mine are showing the same symptoms and it's starting to bug me.. All that my small amount of knowledge can conjure up is N lockout, as far as I know theres only three things to cause this: too hot, too cold and overwatering, In my case it's none of these so for me (mines not as bad as yours but is slowly getting worse) all I can do is hope they grow out of it but it aint happening bro??

I would love it if you could find an answer :headpain:

CK :spliff:

• Like 1