Jim's Competition Diary

Organic Jim

Are you going to collect the pollen Jim? Great update mucker.

Cheers :smokin:

Thanks mate,

No, the plant is being munched down in the worm bin. I pulled him up as soon as photo'd.

Thanks for dropping in bud.

Jim

Man OJ, They have grown so fast mine are just starting to put on some weight now. When did you start your seeds? Cuz i think you started your babies just before mine and they are quite a bit bigger :notworthy:

Shame about your hermi, it showed its balls ;) quite early on aye... Looking sweet mate

ATB Sparkles :smokin:

Edited by MrSparkles

Man OJ, They have grown so fast mine are just starting to put on some weight now. When did you start your seeds? Cuz i think you started your babies just before mine and they are quite a bit bigger :notworthy:

Shame about your hermi, it showed its balls ;)

Hiya mate, seeds were soaked on the 12th march (I think!) they've really taken off this last week.

It wasn't a hermie at all, it was a full on male plant. No female parts at all. :headpain:

Shame about your hermi, it showed its balls ;)

Hiya mate, seeds were soaked on the 12th march (I think!) they've really taken off this last week.

It wasn't a hermie at all, it was a full on male plant. No female parts at all. :headpain:

Im 2 days behind you bud :), Mine have also been going up 30%ish in size the last 4/5 days now so makes sense.. I love coming back to the babies after 24 hrs and seeing a difference. :smug:

Ah right pure male plant, showing my newb status a little their lol..

Hows the smoke from the last batch doing. Bet its nearly cured off perfect by now?

ATB Sparkles

Edited by MrSparkles

bad luck on the male Jim. Enjoy the next few weeks of it, they have done really well in the last week.

Hi Jim,

i know you havn't made i big deal about the male, but i'm confused (although that doesn't take much)

i thought the idea of people buying 'fem' seeds is to illiminate the possibility of getting males?

am i missing something here?

i thought that was THE main selling point?

i've been fotunate enough to have been given plants and cuts so far, and just bought my first ever seeds. that was a mine field in itself! was given a 'fem'd' KC36 as freebie among others

would you be able to potentialy breed with a male from a 'fem' seed? or not? seem's a silly question really.

sorry for all the questions, hope they make sense, and i dont mean to go off topic from ya diary, but it is relevant i suppose.

Cheers dude, hope the rest of your grow is as succesfull as usual.

Tigs :yinyang:

Edit: spelling and grammer - :smokin:

Edited by tigseyjnr

Hi Tigsey, feminisation will still allow the occasional pure male to develop, the process gives rise to 95% or so females. So the occasional male is possible. And yes, if you collected the pollen you could breed auto's.

• Like 1

Hi Mr Sparkles

Hows the smoke from the last batch doing. Bet its nearly cured off perfect by now?

The smoke is great from the last lot, thanks for asking. The Skunk#1 is my favourite tasting.

Hello Tony, thanks for dropping by.

bad luck on the male Jim. Enjoy the next few weeks of it, they have done really well in the last week.

Yeah, pretty bad luck getting one of the 5%. Is there an expected risk ratio for hermies later in flower? It would be handy to know if I need to keep check or do anything to prevent it.

Hi Tigs

i know you havn't made i big deal about the male, but i'm confused (although that doesn't take much)

i thought the idea of people buying 'fem' seeds is to illiminate the possibility of getting males?

am i missing something here?

i thought that was THE main selling point?

The reason I haven't made a big deal of the male is that the seeds were free, and this is a 'tester diary' for Dutch Passion seeds, showing how well their new Autofems perform.

Trust me, If I'd have spent out Euros on them and depended on 3 seeds giving me female plants, I'd have been mighty miffed to have only got 2/3 of what I'd paid for. :spliff:

Cheers man.

Jim

• Like 2

fair enough. keep up the good work dude :yep:

and thanks for thde input DP Tony.

Tigs :yinyang:

Edit: keep forgetting to ask, do you know if your Black Sugar were fem's? and can you pm me where you got your's please. were they freebies? i got mine from a friend, but he doesn't know where he got them, other than that they were free. thanks very much :smokin:

Edited by tigseyjnr

You're very welcome, matey

Okay, here's the update as of day 22 or thereabouts.

All 4 plants are showing female hairs now.

This is the speckled leaved TD

gallery_16392_4204_108095.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_207588.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_17334.jpg

Just starting to show female parts

Edited by Organic Jim
  • Like 2

looks like things grow well in your tent Jim! Looks nice and green. Are you using a 400 watter ?

looks like things grow well in your tent Jim! Looks nice and green. Are you using a 400 watter ?

Hiya Tony, yes mate it's a 400w MH right now, I have a brand new dual spec 400w ready to finish them with and do the night queen with.

This is one of the Taiga, the lowest branches are up to the canopy height now.

gallery_16392_4204_35156.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_89911.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_181592.jpg