Jim's Competition Diary

Organic Jim

Guest yosser hughes

yo jim any chance we could meet up one day,i`ll give ya my trim see what u can do and we will split the outcome :rofl: before i get chucked only joking mod`s :rofl: but i bet it beats throwing it on the landfill :rofl:

yosser :bong:

• Like 1

Also chaps (and that includes any ladies reading of course), I absolutely must inform you of the status of the Night Queen.

It would appear that my Water-acid-ometer has been misreading. After a careful recalibration of the equipment, I ascertained the pH-O-tron could not be adjusted to less that 0.6 marks above the zero.

in English, my pH readings have been over by .6, so when I was measuring pH6.0, it was really 5.4

I can't screw the meter down to correct it, so I've compensated manually.

Feed is now at 1.40 growth feed, pH is now at 5.9-6.1

Plants are loving that.

The stragglers first

gallery_16392_4204_271522.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_176544.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_146490.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_90564.jpg

• Like 1

yo jim any chance we could meet up one day,i`ll give ya my trim see what u can do and we will split the outcome :rofl: before i get chucked only joking mod`s :rofl: but i bet it beats throwing it on the landfill :rofl:

yosser :bong:

The only real crime here is that we can't share our goodies with one another. :skin_up:

The other 2 plants coped admirably with the overly acidic water and are now thriving and are extraordinarily bushy and very typically Indica looking with thick dark fat leaves and a very squat structure

gallery_16392_4204_139465.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_40880.jpg

The lowest branches on these 2 are practically horizontal, at 800 to the main stem. Classic Afghanica/Indica bush. Can't wait to see the buds! :skull:

gallery_16392_4204_264527.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_14970.jpg

Regarding the Smoke report on Think Different.

The Beautiful Ms.P and I have been struggling to describe TD, "it's very subtle" is the best we can manage so far. It's a real creeper, taking a good 1/2 hour for a smoke to fully kick in.

There's also a good mix of herbal tastes to nail down which is proving tricky. There's something which I consider "Amsterdam Sativa" tasting in there, like a Silver Haze taste from years ago but I'm not sure what....

Give us a bit and we'll get a full report out.

Thanks for reading

Organic Jim. :B):

• Like 3

Cheers OJ, just had me enthralled for a good half an hour. Fantastic pics and the bong shots with the hash are well worht the second look :)

Vill

• Like 2

Cheers OJ, just had me enthralled for a good half an hour. Fantastic pics and the bong shots with the hash are well worht the second look :)

Vill

Mate you're very welcome.

And Thanks a million for the compliments. :blushing:

• Like 1

Oh Jay Oh Jay.. beautiful work boss :notworthy:

Talk about getting the most out of your weed :guitar:

That spliff could send you to the moon Jim :!: :stoned:

The NQ are looking very nice too, I feel sorry for them, I mean how do you follow that Think Different :headpain:

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I appreciate it.

Just a Diary note today

Night Queen

Day 28 since seed pop

EC is now 1.5 and the pH is 5.9-6.2

I've gone to 12/12 as of tonight as the bushy plants will need room to spread out and I wanted to flower in the 3.5l pots as I've seen some good Coco results in small pots.

I think it's possible to do a 9 pot SOG in this space.

Ms P. has come round today and has said The Think Different is purely "Nice" in every way and that's all she can manage

Nice taste, nothing special

Nice high, not too racy not too sleepy

I have to agree, it's just really really Nice Pleasant weed.

Personally, I much prefer the Taiga in taste and high.

Cheers for now

Jim :smokin:

High folks

Here's the luscious looking Night Queen a week into 12/12 lighting.

The plants are really bushy, easily as wide as they are tall.

gallery_16392_4204_315690.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_255649.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_19878.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_225741.jpg

Usually I'd remove all the Undergrowth from the plants at this stage, but I'm going to leave it Au Naturel for the Grow'n'Show here.

• Like 1

I'm also happy to report that a DR90 tent has been installed next to the DR80 tent.

Although I'm less happy to report that the stitching on the "improved" model is very shoddy and there's an inch of blazing HPS light shining out from a very poor stitch job on the curve of the zip. I've had to 'repair' the brand new tent straight away before use, and the fabric is very loose on the frame. Also the roof struts don't reach across properly, there's several light leaks from the zip and the taping and the floor is not reflective so I can't recommend the DR90 as a grow tent. The older DR80 was superb, Why discontinue a great product and replace it with a crap one???

These are the smaller plants and they're at the same height as the others, just more stretchy.

gallery_16392_4204_147050.jpg

gallery_16392_4204_4433.jpg

And all the 4 together

gallery_16392_4204_201314.jpg

And in the DR80

gallery_16392_4204_264609.jpg

Looking like a SCROG without a screen, I have done a small pinch and twist on each main stem but otherwise the Night Queen are growing unrestricted and looking extremely lovely.

tell ya what jim,top yields,..fanny-tastic use of trim'age..the hash n extract looks fuckin awesome brother!!

well done Jim n crack on comrade...be cool ay..bizz.

• Like 1

Further notes

EC is 1.6

pH is 5.9-6.2

Temps are 28 max daytime no idea what the night temps are.

Thanks for looking in chapps

tell ya what jim,top yields,..fanny-tastic use of trim'age..the hash n extract looks fuckin awesome brother!!

well done Jim n crack on comrade...be cool ay..bizz.

The Bizz~meister, I'm so glad to see you my man. I hope all is well with you and yours.

I really wish I could share this lovely jelly hash with you my cyber chum.

I'll see if I can get some special smoking photos to share the experience with you.

Keep it cool buddy

Jim

• Like 2

Lookin Bang Tidy Jim :yep:

Cheers bud.

I forgot to mention, I took the 2 lowest branches off Night Queen C and a week later have 2 lovely healthy clones without any rooting hormones or owt.

Just sliced 'em off and stuck 'em in coco coir with a placcy bag on top then 7 days later I have a couple of clones.

:skin_up: