Tonys Cutting Guide

Tony Montana

Hi fellow stoners,

A mate asked me how to take cuttings and as seen as I had to take a few today I thought I would stick a few pics up! There are plenty of other methods but I get a good success rate and if it aint broken don't try and fix it is my motto!

Being organized and well prepared is vital if you want a good return on your cuttings.

I use a heated from Prop that I got from B & Q for about £20, I always give it a good clean, plug it in and whack the lid on before I even take a cut.

As you can see it's nice and humid and ready to rock and roll

post-48082-0-73957500-1313942031_thumb.jpg

I use Root Riots, they are clean and easy to use, take up little room and come in handy trays so your cuttings are not rolling about when you check them. I always give them a soak for 5 or 10 mins, just to make sure they are fully saturated, I then squeeze the excess water out until they are about 50% saturated.

post-48082-0-21451100-1313942184_thumb.jpg

Place in your tray ready for cuttings

post-48082-0-58180000-1313942239_thumb.jpg

gunner

• Like 44

Here is my mother plant, its Northern Lights from Royal Queen Seeds and I have had her for about a year, maybe longer. A few days before I am due to take cuttings I give her a good feed of Plant Magic Grow and sing her a little song to make sure she feels loved

post-48082-0-75120300-1313942417_thumb.jpg

Find a suitable cutting and nip it off. My Mother is kept under a 250w in a Parabolic shade along side a couple of other mums.

post-48082-0-84352400-1313942481_thumb.jpg

• Like 32

In the prop they go, I lift the lid once every day when I come home from work, just to refresh the air a little. The vents remain closed and they sit in my utility room out of direct sun light. I leave them there for a week and then they go under my T5 in my clone station

post-48082-0-09022000-1313943058_thumb.jpg

Here are some cuttings I took 15 days ago. As you can see they are almost as healthy as the day they went in

post-48082-0-97997100-1313943121_thumb.jpg

• Like 30

Nice work m8, thanks for showing us your method. Mine is totally different, my cuts go straight into water, cut at 45º, scarify the bottom 20mm under water, dip in cloning gel, straight into root riot cubes, trim the leaves back, into propagator, light mist and job done. I also starve my mothers before I take my cuts and feed after I'm finished. Each to their own and all that, well done on making the effort.

SH

• Like 2

Nice thread Gunner :yep: Good pics and guide !

PS - I pissed myself laughing this morning when I saw your avatar :rofl:

:v:

I lost a bet in the UFC thread and it's my forfeit avi, I have to keep it for a month but it is starting to grow on me :wassnnme:

Excellent thread G, can you tell me what the "little song" is that you sing the mother plant so i can follow you guide to the letter?

Simply the Best by Tina Turner, it helps if you have thighs like a rugby player and stamp your feet whilst singing!!

gunner

• Like 6