+ Reputation

Joolz

This has just covinced me not to post anymore :( ,

My advice might not always be correct but it is always with good intentions,

someone always has a different opinion, doesn't mean it's right.

Sorry mate but that makes no sense at all..

excuse me I am a bit drunk, just dont think theres much point posting if my post have to be recognised to be of any credit?

I have popped one on for you to be getting along with then..:)

now why did you do that?adding a rep point for just getting along :nea::unsure: surly thats not the aim of the game.keep it in the growers and med section for now like i posted earlier

Edited by gamma

Please dont forget to add rep +1 if my post was useful

Someones already advertising in their sig :rofl:

Owd

THE FIRST TIME OWD HASN@T TOLD ME OFF< and I feel like shouting it out from the rooftops!!!!! :guitar: :guitar:

Not really, only joking

Edited by Pots

This has just covinced me not to post anymore :( ,

My advice might not always be correct but it is always with good intentions,

someone always has a different opinion, doesn't mean it's right.

Negative feedback can't be given Pots and I'm sure there'll be plenty of members including most probably myself who get little to no +reps given but so what! don't let this be a hang up for you. The way I see this working really well is for members who aren't that active, trawling through diaries and finding posts with high rep numbers will be a good indication to those people that the content of the post is reliable.

I'm sure there are other good things about it too but this Killing Fields has me a bit spangled :smokin:

bang on the money ;)

keep it in the growers and med section for now like i posted earlier

why do you want to exclude members who post useful info in the non growing forums ? :unsure:

and as posted in the OP, this is experimental, it may be removed or changed to suit, it seems a shame that some members don't want to give it a fair chance, it's only just over 24 hours old :russian:

it's not that I don't want to give it a chance Joolz, we have had the star rating for ages,

Maybe I am just a bit pissed, just expressing my opinion.

Reps are added to the user not just the posts right? Some people who posts regularly will get lots of reps for jokes and making points people agree with on whatever topic. I repped a cake earlier, not sure if that's abusing the system or not! It looked really tasty.

Edited by northwest

keep it in the growers and med section for now like i posted earlier

why do you want to exclude members who post useful info in the non growing forums ? :unsure:

and as posted in the OP, this is experimental, it may be removed or changed to suit, it seems a shame that some members don't want to give it a fair chance, it's only just over 24 hours old :russian:

I never said i wasn't going to give it a fair chance joolz but i was unsure what you mean't by rasing poeple's game?And why :russian: ?it's open to debate and debating is good no?there have been some good idea's already.I guess i'm thinking along the idea of if say i give some good advice about toothache but i've only got say 10 points but the advice i give is sound but someone who has say 30 give some advice to use something not so good i'm likely to be passed over desipte being sound. Joolz please don'tt think i'm being anti as i'm not :wink:

Edited by gamma

it's not that I don't want to give it a chance Joolz, we have had the star rating for ages,

yes we have, but that only recognises the person who started the thread and most of the 5 star ones have just one vote and that's more often than not from the OP :rofl:

Maybe I am just a bit pissed, just expressing my opinion.

how about expressing your opinion again when you are a bit less pissed :B):

You might appreciate then what we are actually trying to do rather than just see the negatives

and I'll post again for those that haven't read the OP , this is experimental, we may keep it, we may not, we have a few additions to the rep system that we can bolt on to ad extra functionality , we might, we might not but you have to admit that this is the only site that is giving you a fair say in the matter, most others implement a plus and minus rep system and don't care what you think lol

It's also often pre loaded in favour of sponsors etc whereas here it being trialled with a totally level playing field :)

• Like 1

totally agree Joolz and thanks for providing the option,

As you say we have a choice, something other sites may not provide(I don't know, never been to another site)

I fully admit to drinking alcohol tonight but feel that I can/may? still have a valid point, I have read the entire thread and I appreciate whatever you do is for the good of the site and I am sure you have put plaenty of thought into it before implementing any changes.

Maybe I just dont feel I get the appreciation that I feel I deserve?, a fault of many I presume? :unsure:

personally I'm not much into competative posting. :rolleyes: But if it makes life easier for Joolz and the mods I'm all for it.

My feeling is that it isn't going to be all that accurate a guage of anything really. The reasons why people vote for a post is so variable. Which may be one reason for not enabling downward reps.

Edited by Randalizer

'wright89'

Its a great idea for some one like me, I dont post that often, I am more of a lurker in the backround who likes to read the vast amount of information here for two reasons.

1 it will make it easier to decide which advice being given works best and

2 Its like a way of thanking the poster for their useful information without having to post.

Thanks for constantly thinking of new ways to improve the community Joolz :thumsup:

+1

Well said Mate coz Thats it in a Nutshell for me.... :smokin:

I don't really seem to notice the icon when browsing so I have no problem with it, i reckon it will end useful to some members over time knowing who is a good source of information and so on. I think it would serve more of a purpose if you could see a members reputation under their regular avatar though, without going to their profile.

New members and people who don't know who's who around here would know any post was from a reliable member/source of info.

But like has been already said, we'll find out whether we like it not soon enough and I'm sure it will be configured to suit most eventually :smoke:

Burns

Edited by Burns