+ Reputation

Joolz

If other members can easily work out the crap to good ratio then why have a rep button button at all?

because we want to experiment with the function and evaluate it's potential benefit to he site and its regular members as already stated in the OP

as you don't log in or post very often then it may all seem pointless to you but to those of us who are here all the time it does have some relevance

• Like 2

can it not be set to 50 same as the amount of posts u need to use PM and chat, that way every1 knows at least theyve made 50 interesting/informative posts.

:spliff:

If other members can easily work out the crap to good ratio then why have a rep button button at all?

because we want to experiment with the function and evaluate it's potential benefit to he site and its regular members as already stated in the OP

as you don't log in or post very often then it may all seem pointless to you but to those of us who are here all the time it does have some relevance

fair enough,but it maybe worthwhile just trying it in say the growers section,something that easily checked out where as putting it in free for all where there can be a massive difference of opion [say over whats best for tooth ache]could lead to peeps whinging that so an' so got more rep points for bad idea's,I've just re-read what i've typed and i can see why it's an idea but you know what i mean about putting it in different forums,hopefully ;)in fact wouldn't be better in just the grow forum or seed bank forum joolz,as most of the people in the free for all forum tend to know each other anyway?

Edited by gamma
  • Like 2

I'm quite looking forward to the new feature, I was about to use the ignore function for the first time but now I will wait and see how this works out, it may just stop people from jumping on their high horse and spouting a load of shit!

Gunner

it may just stop people from jumping on their high horse and spouting a load of shit!

ahh, hope springs eternal. ;)

Hhmm that may be a point keeping it out of freeforall but some posts on news I'd like to give rep to due to finding me an alternative viewpoint but that's it should I give rep for a viewpoint ? I'd like to see a way the members who have helped us at least recognised so this is a good way no ? I don't post much apart from questions or drunken outraged rants and aren't usually confident to help people so I'm happy for my reputation to stay as drunken bum where as (where is the MIA thread?) Someone like scribble who has helped me massively needs a prefects badge or summat no ?

• Like 1

Its a great idea for some one like me, I dont post that often, I am more of a lurker in the backround who likes to read the vast amount of information here for two reasons.

1 it will make it easier to decide which advice being given works best and

2 Its like a way of thanking the poster for their useful information without having to post.

Thanks for constantly thinking of new ways to improve the community Joolz :thumsup:

edited for double post

Edited by wright89

]

why have a rep button button at all?

I was just thinking about it and I can't see much benefit really. More clutter seems the main consequence. I prefer less.

+1 sorry capt J.

this is going down well! variety is the spice of life! ladies and gentleman , give it a chance. only saying :wassnnme: :wassnnme: :wassnnme:

I don't see the point in bitching in here anyway. It's been enabled so the only thing to do now is go with it and see how it goes over the next few weeks/months. If at the end of that time there are any anomalies then maybe Joolz will reassess (because let's face it, the regulars know who should end up with high scores, the way I see it this is about making it easy for newbies to see who has a track record of giving good advice).

If everyone uses the function sensibly then it will have a purpose, if we don't then I'm sure Joolz will switch it back off. I agree that it maybe should be kept out of Free4all (I'd actually go as far as to suggest it be restricted to the cultivation, medical and legal subforums, where the quality of advice really matters) otherwise it could end up just reflecting who's the funniest (or whatever) which would be pretty pointless.

• Like 14

I don't see the point in bitching in here anyway. It's been enabled so the only thing to do now is go with it and see how it goes over the next few weeks/months. If at the end of that time there are any anomalies then maybe Joolz will reassess (because let's face it, the regulars know who should end up with high scores, the way I see it this is about making it easy for newbies to see who has a track record of giving good advice).

If everyone uses the function sensibly then it will have a purpose, if we don't then I'm sure Joolz will switch it back off. I agree that it maybe should be kept out of Free4all (I'd actually go as far as to suggest it be restricted to the cultivation, medical and legal subforums, where the quality of advice really matters) otherwise it could end up just reflecting who's the funniest (or whatever) which would be pretty pointless.

+1

This has just covinced me not to post anymore :( ,

My advice might not always be correct but it is always with good intentions,

someone always has a different opinion, doesn't mean it's right.

• Like 2