+ Reputation

Joolz

I'm doomed.

It's not actually about you mate, or any other member for that matter lol, it's just about letting the community recognise other members positive contributions to the site, if a members posts don't attract positive energy then it might be time for them to look within and raise their game a bit :wassnnme::skin_up::smokin:

;)

oboy! A like button!

despite the detection of a hint of sarcasm from you I'll answer:)

In a sense I guess it is a "like" button, in the next version of the forum software it's actually called the "like button" but on a site like this I can see a valid reason for allowing members to rate quality posts in an underground world where bullshit abounds. We can't moderate every post made here for accuracy, well we can but it's highly restrictive and we have better things to do with our time :skin_up:lol so the next best option is to allow your peers to rate the info you post (and by "you" I don't specifically mean "you randy" ;) )

Cool, was all set for :shock: emoticon but with no neg rep I think it should be good.

I hope it's good too :)

• Like 1

:rofl:

I think it's a lovely thing Joolz. :yes: Especially if it helps you folks work less. :smoke:

So do we start with a rep of 1 or 0 in our profile?

Edited by Randalizer

So what about people like myself who don't post or start new topics too often? am i to be view'd as [wrongly]thick or unintresting unless i raise my game?

Edited by gamma

So what about people like myself who don't post or start new topics too often? am i to be view'd as [wrongly]thick or unintresting unless i raise my game?

who mentioned either "thick" or "uninteresting" ? certainly wasn't me :unsure:

and this is about posts made, not posts that haven't been made and it's not about quantity of posts either, far from it in fact, it's about quality of posts so somebody who makes 4 quality posts could have the same amount of rep as somebody who has made 366 average or crap posts and 4 good ones, other members can easily work out the crap to good ratio and help to decide if that members advice is worth taking or whether they should pursue their question further

I'm sorry if you have read something else into it that really isn't there :unsure:

• Like 4

Received, over and out! :oasma:

Edit to add: What do points make?.............. PRIZES! :wassnnme::skin_up:

Edited by -=DrGreenThumb=-

who mentioned either "thick" or "uninteresting" ? certainly wasn't me :unsure:

and this is about posts made, not posts that haven't been made and it's not about quantity of posts either, far from it in fact, it's about quality of posts so somebody who makes 4 quality posts could have the same amount of rep as somebody who has made 366 average or crap posts and 4 good ones, other members can easily work out the crap to good ratio and help to decide if that members advice is worth taking or whether they should pursue their question further

I'm sorry if you have read something else into it that really isn't there :unsure:

If other members can easily work out the crap to good ratio then why have a rep button button at all? what do you mean by raising their game?

Edited by gamma

]

why have a rep button button at all?

I was just thinking about it and I can't see much benefit really. More clutter seems the main consequence. I prefer less.

• Like 1