How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

@coolfire Sounds like it's on then! Can't comment on the scrog thing, I like to be able to move my plants so I never use a net.

Well best of luck with it, it's gonna be like a jungle in there I bet :woot:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 07/04/2011 at 8:11 AM, Arnold Layne said:

I find 6.5 Litre pots to be just about perfect for flowering, and given a dialled in grow room, they can produce 2 - 2.5 Oz per plant, depending on strain.

Crowding isn't all bad, mine are quite tightly packed in and they still produce the goods.

Hay how long would you veg for and is this using coco or soil thanks 

25 minutes ago, Loulou8419 said:

Did you read the thread? 

Answers to both those questions have been covered quite thoroughly :yinyang:

4 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Did you read the thread? 

Answers to both those questions have been covered quite thoroughly :yinyang:

Yes but been new im still finding the site slightly confusing was my first time asking a question and probably my last. 

Just now, Loulou8419 said:

Yes but been new im still finding the site slightly confusing was my first time asking a question and probably my last. 

Sorry if I seem abrupt or unhelpful :yinyang:

My apologies :yep:

Please don't be put off by one miserable sod :skin_up:

To answer your questions, soil and coco will root in roughly the same time, very similar mediums in that regards but coco will probably be a shade faster in most circumstances. 

As a rough rule of thumb you want to pot on in stages (in order to have the most dense/full rootball). 

So maybe start off your seeds in a jiffy plug or similar, once they are above soil pot into something like 0. 5L and give a week to 10 days to root out the pot. Next plant in something like 2-3L and again allow 7-10 (maybe 14) to root out. 

Them transplant into your final 6.5L pot and allow the same again. 

You looking at between 28-35ish days to fully root in total. 

The more important thing is that your plant is sexually mature before going into flower (ie showing preflowers).  

If your pots aren't quite rooted as long as the plant is mature enough to flower it will continue to root for the first 2ish weeks of flower anyway. 

Hth. Atb dodge

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Sorry if I seem abrupt or unhelpful :yinyang:

My apologies :yep:

Please don't be put off by one miserable sod :skin_up:

To answer your questions, soil and coco will root in roughly the same time, very similar mediums in that regards but coco will probably be a shade faster in most circumstances. 

As a rough rule of thumb you want to pot on in stages (in order to have the most dense/full rootball). 

So maybe start off your seeds in a jiffy plug or similar, once they are above soil pot into something like 0. 5L and give a week to 10 days to root out the pot. Next plant in something like 2-3L and again allow 7-10 (maybe 14) to root out. 

Them transplant into your final 6.5L pot and allow the same again. 

You looking at between 28-35ish days to fully root in total. 

The more important thing is that your plant is sexually mature before going into flower (ie showing preflowers).  

If your pots aren't quite rooted as long as the plant is mature enough to flower it will continue to root for the first 2ish weeks of flower anyway. 

Hth. Atb dodge

Thanks for the apology.

Im a ditsy grower and not the best with technology

ive kinda been growing for a about a year gaining knowledge and researching and  upgradeing the borrowed experiment ive used. ive got my climate under control but Ive been under the impression the the bigger the pot the bigger the yield but after reading this im think this might be a area im drastically going wrong im using 25 lt as my final size which i now think is way to big. And only repotting once. Ive got 5 gorilla zkittlez that have just germinate and 5 random freebies so i will definitely be repotting more times and using a much small pot im thinking 11lt? 

Bigger pots been bigger plants and a correspondingly longer veg time/time to root.

11L is more than adequate for our purposes yes :yep:

Staged potting on is a must for a well developed rootball as well :yinyang:

Best advice I can give is always to start a diary/journal here on the site. That way you will get help and encouragement all the way through your grow from start to finish.

I sympathize with being a bit of a technophobe, I have the same issue but once you get the hang of it posting pics etc gets easier and easier.

If you need any help or pointing in the right direction just type @ followed by my name (or the name of whoever's attention your trying to get) that way we will get a notification and come look.

Good luck :lucky:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Bigger pots been bigger plants and a correspondingly longer veg time/time to root.

11L is more than adequate for our purposes yes :yep:

Staged potting on is a must for a well developed rootball as well :yinyang:

Best advice I can give is always to start a diary/journal here on the site. That way you will get help and encouragement all the way through your grow from start to finish.

I sympathize with being a bit of a technophobe, I have the same issue but once you get the hang of it posting pics etc gets easier and easier.

If you need any help or pointing in the right direction just type @ followed by my name (or the name of whoever's attention your trying to get) that way we will get a notification and come look.

Good luck :lucky:

Thanks for even more advice ive always been slightly paranoid of takings pics and documenting my progress in case my door ever got put throw. But ive spent a full day glued to my sofa reading threds on here so i will get pics and start a diary. Ive started using a root fungi after advice from a friend. Thanks again growing is my favourite hobby but finding like minded people to turst is really hard x

• Like 1

On 08/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Loulou8419 said:

I used organic potting compost,  "Moorland Gold", ad bvegged for as long as sa plant needed to aschieve potential. Averfage, 6 weeks. Sorry bourt typos, bad tremor today yhm,.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2011 at 4:00 PM, stixx said:

in that tent with those lights depending on the ammount of time you have available for vegging i would eith go the way you suggest or

18 plants in 11ltr pots

12 plants in 15-18ltr pots

there is a multitude of pot/plant variations its finding the one that suits your particular style of growing, the time you have available and how much work you want to do.

remember the more plants you grow the more you have to trim and the more chance CPS will throw production charges at you.

Hi I’m a newbie to this site but been doing little gardens for a while and now after reading this I’m second guessing my own setup, as going by the size of my plants 3 weeks into flower I’m struggling to fit them in comfortably so they are all spaced out with plenty of room and getting as equal amount of light as possible! 
So to try and get anymore in there i thought would be too overcrowded!  Or am i being too cautious about this and could possibly put a few more in?

Im using a 2x2x2m tent, 2 x 600w dual spectrum hps and i have 8 plants in 15L fabric pots with h & g house special batmix soil. No issues with temp, humidity etc. all perfectly controlled. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have searched but cannot find an answer!

I have a 60 x 60 x 140 tent.  It was my intention to grow 3 plants in square 6.5L pots next.  However whilst my Dos Si Do seedling is coming along very nicely at 10 days old now, the clones I have do not appearing to be rooting and look a bit sad to be honest!

So if I am forced to go for a 1 plant grow then what size pot would you recommend?  

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, Alys said:

what size pot would you recommend?  

i would scrog a 15 ltr pot, as you are waiting for it to root out you can train it to fill the screen!

• Like 1

@ratdog cheers for the reply, I’m still hoping for a 3 plant grow but really need to be prepared if that is not to be the case!  I have been watching some mainlining videos and feel confident that I could get one plant to fill the scrog, albeit with a bit longer vegging time.