How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

4 hours ago, Exhale said:

Thanks @bearukc  so with a 250w really I should go for 1/2 to 2/3's the time and/or size?

I'm not sure I understand your question - 1/2 to 2/3 of what?

As a 250 is less than my 400 you may need veg for a little more than the 4 weeks I do. Hope that answers the question :)

• Like 1

Sorry @bearukc I meant 1/2 to 2/3's of what you do considering the penetration of a 250w is much less than your 400w. I didn't think it would be more considering plant size not trained, more single cola SoG. E.G. 8/9 plants in 600mm x 600mm

I'd keep it the same. 3 x 3  lay out. The plants wil be smaller but they'll fill the space nicely. There's not much difference in penetration between a 250 hps and a 400 just a few less lumens. If you had 250 cfl then that would be different as they don't have the depth of an HPS.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Currently growing 4 strains, long veg and just started to flower

1.2x1.2x2m tent

600w hps 

250w cfl (first month or so) 

Canna range feed 1.6-8ec atm

Plants well trained and defoil'd pre flower

10l coco x 3, 15l coco x 1

I want to hit atleast .5gpw but ideally 1gpw lol 16 zips and I'm happy

I do think larger older plants produce better quality simply because it shows in nature from Apple trees to berry bushes to flowers of all sorts, yield imo is good if quality and rubbish poor quality.

• 5 months later...

i have a 1x 2x 2m grow tent with 2x 600w lamps (dimmable 400/600/660w) and some 25L pots... how many plants would you suggest guys? i am thinking of planting 8...?? :)

• 4 months later...

This has given me food for thought, I have been pre-planning my tent cycle from veg to bloom.

My bloom cycle will consist of a 1x1x2 tent, 600w HPS using either nine 6L or 11L square pots, grown in either 60/40 coco/pebbles or straight coco.

During veg each pot's plant will be LST, tied down to form a 10-15cm tall plant which will grow under a mesh of between 25cm x 25cm or 30cm x 30cm, under the meshes, fan leaves will be either trimmed down allot or totally while between 16-24 individual stems grow straight up and during the process fan leaves will be trimmed off as a training method upto between 30cm and 40cm tall prior to flowering.

600w, 1g/w, so I'm seeking about 66.6g per plant (600w ÷ 9).. trust me to get the lucky number lol

During veg each pot's plant will be LST, tied down to form a 10-15cm tall plant which will grow under a mesh

Good luck with that  lol  but your will be a bit more bigger than that, trust me  :yep: 

also, if your doing a smaller number of plants, ie 4-6 per light, use the bigger 11ltr pots, the bigger the space available to the roots means more fruits.

as for aiming for the 1 g/w, if you manage to get half that think your self lucky, this growing lark isnt as easy as it seems, for example my first ever grow

back in the early 2000's, I used a 400w hps in a 1m x 1m x 1,8m tent & successfully harvested just over 5oz, was I disappointed, was I fuck I was over the moon  :skin_up::smokin:

& once I did a few more grows & got a bit more experience & got the overall enviroment spot on, I was smashing it yield wise, my best to date from a 400w

is just over 17oz or 1.21 with a particular strain, with using a 600w HPS my best is roughly about 18oz & works out at 0.85g/w, these days I've switched to CMH lighting.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all first post 

I'm just about to start a grow in 3 x 2 x 2 m space my questions are 

How many lights 

And how many plants 

Also is it best to intake from inside my house or outside 

My space is in attic by the way

Cheers 

• 4 weeks later...

Hell I have 8 stardawg in 8 liter pot do you think they are to smaller pots would you transfer them in to bigger pots 

On 15/02/2020 at 1:17 AM, Joint hogger said:

Good luck with that  lol  but your will be a bit more bigger than that, trust me  :yep: 

also, if your doing a smaller number of plants, ie 4-6 per light, use the bigger 11ltr pots, the bigger the space available to the roots means more fruits.

as for aiming for the 1 g/w, if you manage to get half that think your self lucky, this growing lark isnt as easy as it seems, for example my first ever grow

back in the early 2000's, I used a 400w hps in a 1m x 1m x 1,8m tent & successfully harvested just over 5oz, was I disappointed, was I fuck I was over the moon  :skin_up::smokin:

& once I did a few more grows & got a bit more experience & got the overall enviroment spot on, I was smashing it yield wise, my best to date from a 400w

is just over 17oz or 1.21 with a particular strain, with using a 600w HPS my best is roughly about 18oz & works out at 0.85g/w, these days I've switched to CMH lighting.

Hello I have 8 stardawg in 8 liter pots would that be enough or would you transfer them in to bigger pots 

4 minutes ago, Rybo14 said:

Hello I have 8 stardawg in 8 liter pots would that be enough or would you transfer them in to bigger pots 

what stage are you at ?

how big is the plants ?

how much headroom do you have between the plants & light ?

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to figure out if I would be better running 9 plants in 3.5L as I usually do in my 75x75x200 budbox or run 4 in 6.5L pots

9 is obviously densely packed with short veg time but I'm thinking with 4 they would be a bit spaced out and branch out more and maybe also get more light penetration from my 315cmh

Suppose its 6 and a half dozen

@Punk#1 Just from my own experience, but I've found small pots of compost a bit hit or miss (too easy to underwater). I'd go for the 4x6l or even slightly larger pot size. With coco either would work well.

• Like 1