How Many Plants In My Space

Owderb

Cheers man well I've decided on 9 x 3.5ls since I'm going on a mum hunt so just gonna try and increase my chances of a winner.

Hell I might be able to fit 6Ls in there anyway tbh

• Like 1

On 20/02/2011 at 9:27 PM, Owderb said:

ED to add....This is not written with auto$ in mind

Owd

Hi there. I am new to this and I am planning a 9 x 8 x 4 space, so I have been thinking about this exact thing.

I have 4 x Mars Hydro SP3000’s on order which are dimmable and was thinking along the lines of 12 autos, in 3 gal air pots.

Does this seem sensible? I would be well chuffed with 2 oz per plant and reading through this, it could be way more, under the right conditions?

Edited by Owderb

On 20/02/2011 at 9:27 PM, Owderb said:

ED to add....This is not written with auto$ in mind

Owd

Owd

• 2 months later...

hey guys am just learning and i read a lot here b4 i started. So thank u all for making my shit possible, i woulda got there but this sight covered a lot. I got a 1.2 box 2m high with 600w mh/hps. left my 1st 4 to themselves and went from 2 litres to 18 litre pots but i switched to flower far too early and i was surprised to get what i did. My environment was all wrong and i started chasing deficiencies instead of realising my shit was too hot, in comes the cooltube for my 2nd grow. 4 in 18 litres in a 1.2 square tent left to their own devices leaves a lot of dead space so 2nd time round i added 6 litre pot up and put a cane in every corner of the pot, topped them twice and pulled the girls into the dead space and they duly obliged. lol nd to say that i can only access them from the front so i cant scrog them. Takes some extra time in veg an u probly lose 1 grow a year

Am a realist so i always keep my plant numbers down. 4 in veg 4 in the box and my mother....9 is the number for me. always!! so am maximising the fuck out it.

Think am gonna get tomato rings lol need to do sumn picked 1 up yesterday and like 10 buds went in 10 different directions.......lmao.....luxury problems i spose.

I dnt claim to know fuck all so please correct me if am wrong but i do believe a judges hands are tied at 9? Slap on the arse and sent up the road with a cultivation charge. So why do 16 if u can train 4 into the same space

Minimum plants maximum weed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stalkydave said:

4 in veg 4 in the box and my mother....9 is the number for me. always!!

veg,flower and a mother. different stages of growth there. don't be surprised if they class that as production.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ursus1000 said:

veg,flower and a mother. different stages of growth there. don't be surprised if they class that as production.

so the met bringing a botanist to dispute these stages of growth..... or is that wee clueless dick that no cunt liked at school just gonna rip ur plants out and do u for 9 lol i dnt know m8 but it would be good to know where the goalposts are

31 minutes ago, stalkydave said:

so the met bringing a botanist to dispute these stages of growth..... or is that wee clueless dick that no cunt liked at school just gonna rip ur plants out and do u for 9 lol i dnt know m8 but it would be good to know where the goalposts are

No - the chap ripping the plants out ain't going to do anything but rip them.  The case would be handed to the CPS  who then decide what / if to charge against you.

Just do you mate, keep it quiet and clean and you don't have any reason for a knock.  I've literally had the police tapping my door on a monday morning asking me bullshit questions while they were ripping out a grow 2 doors up the street.  I didn't bat an eyelid as I run my shit like a paranoid ocd cunt.  That was third grow on my street in a week to go down due to poor management, you could smell them outside the houses.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stalkydave said:

hey guys am just learning and i read a lot here b4 i started. So thank u all for making my shit possible, i woulda got there but this sight covered a lot. I got a 1.2 box 2m high with 600w mh/hps. left my 1st 4 to themselves and went from 2 litres to 18 litre pots but i switched to flower far too early and i was surprised to get what i did. My environment was all wrong and i started chasing deficiencies instead of realising my shit was too hot, in comes the cooltube for my 2nd grow. 4 in 18 litres in a 1.2 square tent left to their own devices leaves a lot of dead space so 2nd time round i added 6 litre pot up and put a cane in every corner of the pot, topped them twice and pulled the girls into the dead space and they duly obliged. lol nd to say that i can only access them from the front so i cant scrog them. Takes some extra time in veg an u probly lose 1 grow a year

Am a realist so i always keep my plant numbers down. 4 in veg 4 in the box and my mother....9 is the number for me. always!! so am maximising the fuck out it.

Think am gonna get tomato rings lol need to do sumn picked 1 up yesterday and like 10 buds went in 10 different directions.......lmao.....luxury problems i spose.

I dnt claim to know fuck all so please correct me if am wrong but i do believe a judges hands are tied at 9? Slap on the arse and sent up the road with a cultivation charge. So why do 16 if u can train 4 into the same space

Minimum plants maximum weed

Yeah when I started plant count was the most important thing for me so I just learned to pull pounders from the get go.

Just get a fine here for 1 or 2 massive plants but a 30 plant sog in a meter is a serious risk of jail time. Seen a guy get jailed for that last year. 16 half oz plants or something like that. Fuckin brutal like. Get caught with a single 20 ouncer though and it's ok. Who writes these laws man? 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys so I have messed up my pot sizing a little !  Really trying to achieve the fabled 1g/w as a goal for myself that im growing close to the plants full potential. 

600w HPS so 21oz over 4 plants = 5oz per plant roughly.

So far i have been using an undersized pot at 11L in compost and getting 3.25oz and really scratching my head as the last grow went very well at all stages. Obviously now i know i need a 15L pot to achieve this in compost. 

My question is i can only get a 18L square pot, before i was going up in pot sixes 1L 3L to final 11L so what would be advice on potting up sizes as i assume jumping from a 3L to an 18L is a little to much, should i still use my 11L then go to the final 18L or from a 3L pot into a 5.7L then final 18L? 

Thank you 

I don't find it's worth using the very large pots with compost myself, well in terms of yield anyway, I think you'd be better just putting in another plant. If I was going to do an 18 i'd go 1ltr, 3ltr, 6ltr, 18ltr

Best of luck :lucky:

• Like 2

Thank you for that. So you don't think I will see much difference in yeild from an 11L to an 18L then? 

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

You should see some if you veg them long enough but I think you'd be using your room more efficiently by using 11's but having 5 instead of 4. Problem I find with massive pots is without scrogging or very heavy training you got too much lower plant. The last time I used one of my big pots (about 25ltr) it was with a unknown plant (as in from seed) it took up most of the room under the 600 and yielded shit. Less than I pull from a 11ltr usually. It might be a different story with 1kw jobbies but for 600's I thnk a 11ltr is ample.

I'm going smaller at the moment, just to get through some seeds (on the mom hunt).

You gotta try it now it's in your head, it might work great for you, it will just bug you if you don't. Have you got the pots already?

@KC

Yes i have a veg room so can take cuttings and veg as long as i like so will be vegging till the 18s are well rooted.  At the moment i do have a scrog net but thinking of adding another just after the stretch is over to support the buds better and use the first for training.  When i veg the girls into 11L pots they are all next to each other as one mass of pots, therefore they grow quite leggy with a couple of toppings, i find this good for bending them over into the scrog net.  Dont know if this is right or wrong? 

Yes already got the 18L pots, and just to complicate my overthinking have replaced 1 of my 600s with a new Zeus 600 pro ! (had 2 x 600w HID so 8 11L pots in total over a 1.2x2.4 area)

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1