Offical IWS Thread

rollitup

Hi how many pots could i get in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 tent with the brain on the out side of the tent or is it best to have the brain in side thanks and also is coco ok to use with this fd systerm with clsy pebles at the bottom of each pot or is it better to use the clay pebs only

For the price of an IWS it seems like there is a whole lot of problems associated with it. Seems like a great idea on paper but the execution is lacking. I'm beginning to think that a custom. DIY hydro set up to suit your needs would be better in the long run.

For the price of an IWS it seems like there is a whole lot of problems associated with it. Seems like a great idea on paper but the execution is lacking. I'm beginning to think that a custom. DIY hydro set up to suit your needs would be better in the long run.

It isn't perfect but I have to admit I like it despite all the issues. The issues are after all inherent to hydro systems in general and not specific to the IWS. Like anything new it takes time and the benefit of experience to get the best results from it. I've used my 24 pot for over two years now and I love it despite its flaws. Many of the "new" improvements I'm not convinced are any significant improvement on the old design, the cynic in me suspects, just a way of screwing a few quid more out of the one good idea they had! But I have to admit as ideas go it was pretty good. You probably can make something similar and save a few quid in the process if you're a dab-hand at DIY, but if you have 10 thumbs like me something off the shelf probably represents a cheaper alternative in the long run. In which case the IWS is just about the best there is. :)

Peace

• Like 1

Has anyone no about the standard pot thts available for the iws. its like a sleeve instead of a net pot.

Im running 16 pots on a 220 liter res. i wouldnt mind having a few more pots but worried my res will run out of water.

anyone running with theses standard pots???

peace out...

link for standard pots..

http://www.iwssystems.co.uk/accessories.asp?id=1

if you keep turning the pots slightly every few days when its flooded (easyier to turn pots)it stops roots going down the pipes,then root blockage is not an issue, i think this system is worth it and i also believe its the best system out there. i would not use 6 pots in 1.2x1.2 mtr tent i`m useing 5 in a star shape and next time im thinking of only 4 pots crazy veg growth in just a couple of week veg includeing recovery time after topping, its like a jungle seroiusly hope this helps autopot grower.

• Like 1

Hello All

Off topic

On my last run I also had a root blocking problem on 2 pots what lead to the plants dying on me I did not know this was the case until I took the system apart.

A few fellow users on this site are saying the new root blockers from IWS are not working

I have just saw on a popular auction site some one advertising smart pots that fit into an IWS punched bucket

so surely this is problem solved

what the you guys think

cheers choppy

On their own merit they look very interesting and certainly sound like they would benefit a hand watered set-up.

However using them as inner pots in an IWS system wouldn't provide any benefit because the outer pot would negate the "air pruning" effect. Roots only air prune when exposed, this won't happen when they are inside a secondary pot. My guess is that after a couple of grows in an IWS system there'd be so much root incursion into the fabric of the bags that they'd disintegrate anyway.

But were I still using washing up bowls and buckets with holes drilled through the bottoms, I'd consider them, at roughly £5 each they still aren't cheap compared to a 99p plastic bucket.

Until I can iron out the issues with my aeroponic tank for baby plants I'm seriously considering getting some small ones to try out. I usually veg my babies for a month before throwing them into the IWS inner pots after they come out of the cloner. At the moment they are in little 4" and 5" pots of clay pebbles which I water by hand. When it comes time to transplant the solid pots come away very easily, fabric I think would be a bit more difficult.

Coincidently I've been toying with the idea of trying to DIY a similar system to the IWS. You may have gathered I'm pretty happy with the way I flower and clone but I'm still hand watering my young plants. Perhaps a baby IWS clone which has 50% smaller pots and brain bucket for baby plants. Anyway I was surfin' the interweb earlier and I discovered that Maplin are selling float switches at £18 each (okay they're good for some stuff but really .... robbin' bunch of bastards!) or you can get 'em for about £1 each off ebay. Anyway I got 4 to play with, they are coming from Hong Kong so don't wait-up for my next thrilling installment, via slow boat, they should be here in a few weeks. Then I'll do my own version of Paycheck, lock myself into a room with a big bag of weed, papers, lighter, screwdriver and a IWS brain bucket and controller!

Peace.

I'm considering buying a whole new set of root blockers in order to copper plate them. My other plan is to buy ultra fine copper mesh and wrap it around the root blockers. If it goes well I'll let you all know.

Hi guys I was thinking of buying the DWC IWS got a few grows under my belt so thought I need to move with the times

on the whole would any of you dudes using the DWC version say they are worth it and whats the differance in yeald to

the other one

thanx dudes

Hi All

Been running my IWS for around 3 years now. i have stuck with the same cheese clones and am getting between 2.5 - 3 o per plant.

I was wandering if anyone had more sucess with any other strains - any reccomendations for good IWS strains?

Also do most of you guys top out a couple of days before throwing into flower?

Would be gratefull for any shared best practices?

Cheers

last one i done was dp ultra, no topping and three oz would of been average per plant so anything between 3 and 4 was what i got back. decent yeild but not the best puff next up is nirvanas ak48 heard good reports about these.. so wil be cracking beans next week to get this grow complete before the summer comes in..

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone no about the standard pot thts available for the iws. its like a sleeve instead of a net pot.

Im running 16 pots on a 220 liter res. i wouldnt mind having a few more pots but worried my res will run out of water.

anyone running with theses standard pots???

peace out...

link for standard pots..

http://www.iwssystems.co.uk/accessories.asp?id=1

I run 24 using the same sized tank and I'm using the old style inner pots with the holes drilled but they are essentially the same thing. Flood just about drains the tank 220 litre tank, there's maybe a foot left in the bottom. Can lead to EC /pH fluctuations when they are really drinking so I've a second tank operated by float switch that tops up the nutrient tank with pH'd water automatically at every feed.

Peace

Hi guys I was thinking of buying the DWC IWS got a few grows under my belt so thought I need to move with the times

on the whole would any of you dudes using the DWC version say they are worth it and whats the differance in yeald to

the other one

thanx dudes

I use the DWC and love it - took a grow to settle in properly but running sweet now.

I prefer it over F&D because it's simpler, less to grow wrong, more room for roots and faster growth.