Offical IWS Thread

rollitup

I'm seeing quite a lot of Iws related questions so I would like to make this the official IWS thread :smug:

guess I should really say were im at and get the ball rolling.

i've been in soil & this is going to be my first go at hydro

My set up

24 Pot Iws F&D system brand new just arrived

1 jagger water heater

DR240x120x200 tent. gona get another one and join the two together

dr120 tent

dr100 street version gona use this as the mother room with t5 lights

2X 5" low power ruck fans put inside the box they cam in and stuffed with loft insulation

1/ 6" low power ruck fan done same as above

4x stand alone oscillating fans

4 x 600w greens ballasts

1/ 400w greens ballast

3x flexi wings

2x Diamond reflectors

Mixture of MH/HPS & duel Spectrum bulbs

Nutes

Plant Magic simply because I read OT1 threads and he seems to know what he's at

Blue lab combo meter with cleaning kit an ph/ec checker kit

clonex gel

Just looking at this im in way over my head :ohmygod:

• Like 2

this is my first hydro to hahah

I would like to say a IWS thread is a great idea lets see what every one has there set up flood times tips tricks the full fookin monty then we can all use this great system and get bumper crops :rofl:

16 pot system

nutradrip constant tri meter

2.5 x 2.5 size grow room

Daikin wall mount air conditioning unit

need to order

tank heater

co monitor and controller { like the look of snadges one }

I would like to run 4 x 600w dimmable digi ballast but run them at 400w for veg and a bit of bloom then hit them with the full force but am not sure 4x600 will kill the Lecy

I have been told to run my flood times every 4 hours / then every 3 hours / then every 2 hours

cheers choppey :yes:

iws thread, sounds good.. about to start over again myself been washing system down the past 2days "36 pot" and having 2 clean out 4 and a half bags of pebs, looking forward to using it again, my only concern being is the roots getting in to the pipe work as what happend last tme.. have heard to rotate the buckets every day helps, i have the net pots with the copper mats in the bottom of them, but didnt matter.. you guys got a good soultion? love the system but cant get this root problem out of my head..thanks in advance for any help out...superx

Edited by Owderb

rollitup

just a quick one

what size tank heater do you use I am running a 220 res and need a heater what would you recommend

cheers choppy

sorry superx I cant help you mate do the roots go through the copper matting ?

Guest Shirley

rotate thepots and end of each grow clean them out no problemo been using a 12 pot iws original makers system for over a year far better quality and the pebbles are the worst thing about the system.edit diary in my sig if ya lookin for info, jus had to change my feed cycle from 8 feeds per day to 5 as they wer a lil droopy but soon as they bigger will get bumped back up to 8.

Edited by Shirley

rollitup

just a quick one

what size tank heater do you use I am running a 220 res and need a heater what would you recommend

cheers choppy

i use a normal aquarium one and set it at 20 works a treat. the time b4 that it was the summer time and been in the loft didnt have to, i had 2 put frozen bottles of water in to it every day to keep the temps down it was that hot..yes the roots get in to the pipe work the mats dont make a diff, blocked one or 2 lines of six buckets on me wat a cunt having to take it all apart 2 try any find were the blockage was..superx

rollitup

just a quick one

cheers choppy

ps..if ur using the net pot version well the roots are running out threw the holes in the sides to the bottom of ur buckets so the mats dont make a diff

rotate thepots and end of each grow clean them out no problemo been using a 12 pot iws original makers system for over a year far better quality and the pebbles are the worst thing about the system.edit diary in my sig if ya lookin for info, jus had to change my feed cycle from 8 feeds per day to 5 as they wer a lil droopy but soon as they bigger will get bumped back up to 8.

hi shairley, when u say rotate i take it thats once a day every day.. thanks, will put my mind at rest that will.. was 2 late for me to do that last time was half way in to things when i started having the problems..superx

rollitup

just a quick one

cheers choppy

I went for the 125w jagger water heater from greens, I think they recomend the 150w one on there site tho

Hi all, just finished my first grow with the 24 pot iws in a dr240. Really struggled for space wouldnt recommend using the 24pot in that tent! Ended up with 14 ladys in the end after chopping the weaker ones for a bit more room, because there were growing into each other quite abit I could'nt spin the inner pots! So when I stripped the system last week found that the roots followed the pipes back to the brain explaining why the end plant died!

So ive just gutted the tent and cleaned the lot (them pebbles one big 10l rootball=nightmare!) and set it up just with 12 pots under 3 600s. Got a yield of 51oz off 14, which was dry as a bone, well chuffed.

Just got the task of cleaning the remains of the roots from the pebbles this weekend.

Only one minor problem which happened once, the return pump was running in the brain because the float was stuck, nothing was obstucting it either, only happened the one time!

Although I didnt have any major floods or anything, having that system upstairs, well just be prepared for the worst! because when I filled that 220 resi the first time you get abit worryed! But overall love the iws. :)

using the 12 pot iws,had a few teething problems with it,some of the pots took alot longer than others to fill,then a bit of lazy gardening caused me soom nute burn,now ive got the dreaded pythium 3 weeks from chop down.done a full water change nad added shit loads of oxygen(hydrogen peroxide),hope fully they can pull threw till the end altho the yields will be nothing that i expected.

Hi all, just finished my first grow with the 24 pot iws in a dr240. Really struggled for space wouldnt recommend using the 24pot in that tent! Ended up with 14 ladys in the end after chopping the weaker ones for a bit more room, because there were growing into each other quite abit I could'nt spin the inner pots! So when I stripped the system last week found that the roots followed the pipes back to the brain explaining why the end plant died!

So ive just gutted the tent and cleaned the lot (them pebbles one big 10l rootball=nightmare!) and set it up just with 12 pots under 3 600s. Got a yield of 51oz off 14, which was dry as a bone, well chuffed.

Just got the task of cleaning the remains of the roots from the pebbles this weekend.

Only one minor problem which happened once, the return pump was running in the brain because the float was stuck, nothing was obstucting it either, only happened the one time!

Although I didnt have any major floods or anything, having that system upstairs, well just be prepared for the worst! because when I filled that 220 resi the first time you get abit worryed! But overall love the iws. :yinyang:

There are afew things you caan do to reduce flooding risks...

If you hang the feed pump in the main res quite high up you eliminate the risk of really overflooding the pots if the pumps play up - means you have to top up more often - but worth the extra effort i think

hi mate, i take it u would have to tap up the res every day then? if thats the case i think it would defeat the purpose of having the iws. having to do that surely u would have to adjust ph and ec levels, one of the reasons i rate it myself "36 net pot" is my ph levels stay stable for 2-3 days "350 litre res" were using other sysems i found having to adjust the ph every day..just my euros worth superx

Edited by Owderb

Guest Shirley

the large res is designed to be kept full no for growers to be lazy, its designed to keep the ph and ec stable as the larger volume keeps these stable by letting it run down your no getting the best from your system i constantly top up the res every 2 days max.also my iws system is designed as above from the manufacturers as the feed pump only goes half way down the res so it cant over flow.

the large res is designed to be kept full no for growers to be lazy, its designed to keep the ph and ec stable as the larger volume keeps these stable by letting it run down your no getting the best from your system i constantly top up the res every 2 days max.also my iws system is designed as above from the manufacturers as the feed pump only goes half way down the res so it cant over flow.

love the system, only thing i will be doing different this time is to rotate those pots every day..root control "love it" shirley is it clay pebbles u use?