Offical IWS Thread

rollitup

Hello ACE

I am going 12/12 tomorrow and have not decided what additives to use I was going to use canna boost then pk13/14 for a week as the canna guide says but not sure

do you have any tips

cheers chopey

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ACE

I am going 12/12 tomorrow and have not decided what additives to use I was going to use canna boost then pk13/14 for a week as the canna guide says but not sure

do you have any tips

cheers chopey

hi there, i would like sum advice regarding the iws system, ive got 24 clones already in rockwool blocks, they were put in on saturday, 19 days rooted in root riots, should i wait till the roots come out of the 3" rockwool before i put them in the iws system, its my first go with this system..

Hello ACE

do you have any tips

cheers chopey

hi mate,what i do is when i switch to 12hrs i keep using the veg nutrients, up until about 10days in to flower then i switch to my flower nutrients.."ionic" then my pk13/14 goes in round the forth week up until the sixth week..wouldnt say u would need the boost if using the pk..using the 36system my self and im about 3weeks away from the chop will get photos up in a few days time. best of luck

Hello ACE

do you have any tips

cheers chopey

hi there, i would like sum advice regarding the iws system, ive got 24 clones already in rockwool blocks, they were put in on saturday, 19 days rooted in root riots, should i wait till the roots come out of the 3" rockwool before i put them in the iws system, its my first go with this system..

defo, u want long roots if ure puttin it straight into the system

• 3 weeks later...

hiya, has anyone used the womans tights over the innerpot that was mentioned to eliminate root blockage?? Its a ball ache turning them every few day when you have 50 yoyos all over the place! surely everyone has this problem!!

hiya, has anyone used the womans tights over the innerpot that was mentioned to eliminate root blockage?? Its a ball ache turning them every few day when you have 50 yoyos all over the place! surely everyone has this problem!!

you t**t i thought of that last night. i'm gonna the waist part cut legs off and cable tie it to the very top of the inner pot. i'm gettin brown roots from em sittin in the reminents

great minds think alike

:yinyang:

Guys... ive been thinking about this roots down the pipe problem and how they seem to hate copper... :blub:

Why dont we get copper olive (you know... the wee ring thing from plumbers) and either fit it inside the pipe OR slip it over the pipe (depending on the sizes) ??? The rooots would hate the copper and keep away

Is there logic in this girlie idea?? What dya fink??

cindie

:hi:

Edited by cindie-99

just stumbled across these "IWS ROOT BLOCKER" Newly developed as an added extra to prevent the roots chasing the nutrient solution down the supply pipe work, also filters any loose medium preventing blockages or jamming float switches.

Screws directly onto M25 sealing gland in place of the lock nut. prevents roots chasing nutrient down the supply line! not sure if i can link the site, but i would imagine you can pick them up anywhere now.

• Like 2

either that or what i do is buy a roll of copper anti root material (about 15quid from b+q) and cut circles from it which i place in the bottom of the inner pots. this has cured my root/pipe problems. there is enough material in one roll for about 4 crops in my 24pot system.

oddjob

just stumbled across these "IWS ROOT BLOCKER" Newly developed as an added extra to prevent the roots chasing the nutrient solution down the supply pipe work, also filters any loose medium preventing blockages or jamming float switches.

Screws directly onto M25 sealing gland in place of the lock nut. prevents roots chasing nutrient down the supply line! not sure if i can link the site, but i would imagine you can pick them up anywhere now.

• Like 1

This is probably the best invention ever. I'm amazed that the people at IWS are so lax that they haven't bothered sorting this problem out. I've had no end of problems with roots blocking pipes and debris fucking up the float switch.

• Like 2

hi all i've popped a stocking over a pot for a test so far so good

this one taken on the 27/5

post-57241-0-06045800-1306807038_thumb.jpg

this one on the 31/5

post-57241-0-47877900-1306807042_thumb.jpg

keep more ideas coming all !!! there are a few mods needed to the system for it to work better

why havent they made a sack like a bubble sac to sit over the inner pot even if you just have to pop em on with cable ties?????

cant see the issue with its use or design think it will work fine as long as no organic materials are used.

i can confirm the new iws root blockers are the absolute bizzle! also as an added bonus i don't have anymore puddles lying in the bottom of pots now.

dont no how thats worked out so well but ill roll with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

dont know if you shop online garanblates, but if you do just type iws root blockers into google and you will find them, hope that helps.

i'm in heaven no more turning pots every bloody day! can concentrate on training and filling canopy now.

• Like 1

Just to let you know Bomberman... ive ordered mine from local grow shop, who can order them from IWS makers... Cant wait to see if they work and if they empty out that last 2" of water in the pots!!

Cheers dude

cindie

:hippy: