A Sweet life in the Duk pond

TheStoneDuk

Hoy hoy peeps,

Well, last time I posted I set up my home made watering tray to keep the little 'uns alive for my 10 day absence.

I also left a load of freshly harvested bud in the main drobe to dry.

So I arrived home today fully expecting my front door to be hanging of it's hinges, all the bud gone and five little 'uns all dried and shrivelled in my veg cab.

Happily, I can now report that all is well in the duck pond lol

The dried bud is jarred and the little 'uns are coming along nicely :)

For the self watering tray, I stuck card round the outside of the bread bin and placed capillary matting on the lid with 2 wicks dropping down into the water. The lid was offset leaving a gap. They are still vegging so no need for nutes.

Plants sitting on matting in veg cab

post-24068-1294081084_thumb.jpg

Plants after holiday

post-24068-1294081164_thumb.jpg

The next step is to pot up and put nto the Master Drobe :)

Happy growing everyone and best wishes from the Duk pond :doh:

Hoy hoy peeps

Im going to put them under the 400w metal halide tonight on an 18/6 light regime. Before putting them inI watered them with 0.5ml PM biosilicon, 2ml pm rootjuice and 1ml pm grow per litre.

I put the grow in because they've been in the compost for a couple of weeks now and it's the biobizz lightmix so I believe they will be happy for a little food.

The root juice should help in the root and microflora development and the silicon should help strengthen stems and help in disease/ heat stress resistance and Improve photosynthetic activity.

So here's the girls lol

SAD

post-24068-1294162635_thumb.jpg

Moham Ram

post-24068-1294162645_thumb.jpg

More pics in a bit>>>>>

And the final 2 lol

Psicodelicia

post-24068-1294162825_thumb.jpg

Black Jack

post-24068-1294162838_thumb.jpg

I hope to repot them in a few days :)

Take care and good luck to all you growers

TSDuk :)

Edited by TheStoneDuk

all looking well in the pond fella nice to no ya still got your supplies and that your plants survived peace and buds

Hoy hoy born2toke, ratdog and Serpent

Thanks for your support guys. Biccies and bud on the coffee table. Help yourselves to a bong, vape, pipe and/ or skins :D

I was sure the little 'uns wouldn't make it and the tray wouldn't work, Serpent. I braced myself before I looked lol

TSDuk lol

Just thought I would add a little update-ette on the little 'uns. They seem to have settled into their new home nicely and I got 'em out today to check out the roots and give them a water. I reckon a few more days and they will be ready to pot up.

Watering wise, they looked a bit hungry after my hols so I gave them the full monty of Plant magic goodness.

The following is per litre of water

2ml Oldtimers Grow

1ml Catalyst

3ml Root stim

0.5ml Biosilicon

And here's a few snaps I took :)

Group shot

post-24068-1294341765_thumb.jpg

A little upskirt action :naughty:

post-24068-1294341774_thumb.jpg

That's all for now, tune in next time for more pond life from the Duk pond. :smoke:

what lighting cycle you got them on fella and how far away do you have your light , they look bit stretched out to me ? so on ya next pot up bury them deeper . imo the closer your day/night temps are the less stretch you will have .. B2t

just realised i forgot you went away for a while so u ovb had light quite high, doh which explains the stretch engage brain before thinking....

Edited by born2toke

Hi B2T, thanks for dropping by :rofl:

They did stretch a bit while I was away but wasn't as bad as I thought they would.

They're now under an mh cooltube and are about 6" away now. I moved them closer tonight but as you say, when I repot I will bury them deeper.

The daytime temps are around 28c and about 20c lights off. Oh and they are now on an 18/6 light cycle :rofl:

Hi B2T, thanks for dropping by lol

They did stretch a bit while I was away but wasn't as bad as I thought they would.

They're now under an mh cooltube and are about 6" away now. I moved them closer tonight but as you say, when I repot I will bury them deeper.

The daytime temps are around 28c and about 20c lights off. Oh and they are now on an 18/6 light cycle lol

cool cool mate im running min on 24/0 there already on there 5th node and still under 4" high my temps very rarely go below 27 and there loving it will give um another week then give them some night times but onyl 4 hours as im trying to keep hight down to min and thi seems to work ... peace and buds stay high b2T

Hi B2t

I started mine off under cfls on 24/0 then went to 20/4 for while I was away and now 18/6 under the big light :hippy:

I potted them up today into 6 inch pots. I sprinkled liberally with PM granules and re-potted into Biobizz Allmix and then watered in with PM Boost at 0.5ml per litre.

From Oldtimers post on Boost

Boost has humates, fulvates, plant extracts and sapinons in its make up, Its fine for seedlings and young cuttings, I would use at 1 ml per 2 litres, yes it makes nutrients more available, it should not be a problem with the base fertilisers in compost.

Where I think it excels, is it stimulates and feeds the micro heard and really helps the spores in the granules get established in the root medium.

Temps are a stable 26C lights on and 20C lights off.

The roots and repotting

post-24068-1294689790_thumb.jpg

Group shot in new pots

post-24068-1294689797_thumb.jpg

Right, spliffage time. See ya laters

TSDuk :)

Hiya Tommy,

Thanks for dropping by and making this competition possible :(

I cant wait to sample the finished product :bong:

Edited by TheStoneDuk

some nice roots there fella and you follow same lighting shedual as me i think it works to keep my plants quite short and stocky until i start giving them bit of dark.. There really gonna fly now you have potted up. Happy Growing. B2t

Hi B2t

Thanks for the support, mate. I hope they take off now because I have a tight schedule to keep. I'm going to the Netherlands on April 7th to see Roger Waters and they have to be chopped by then. That's the reason I started them before Christmas :)