A Sweet life in the Duk pond

TheStoneDuk

Hoy hoy peeps and peepettes lol

I'd just like to start by saying a big thank you to Sweet Seeds, Withnail, Joolz and all the uk420 team for making such a great competition possible.

Without further ado, my set up.....

Main cab

The dimensions are 80 x 80 x 160cm.

400w light with cooltube

1x 5 inch fan attached to cooltube

1x 5 inch fan attached to carbon filter with fan controller

2x heating tubes

Dehumidifier

oscillating fan

post-24068-1292359370_thumb.jpg post-24068-1292359350_thumb.jpg

Veg cab

The veg cab has up to 5x 20w enviros and 2 pc fans for extraction with passive intakes. The dimensions are 50w X 40d X 90cm tall.

post-24068-1292359460_thumb.jpg post-24068-1292359449_thumb.jpg

Media and nutrients

I'm using biobizz lightmix and allmix and root riot cubes. The nutrients I will be using are PM oldtimers grow and bloom, root granules, biosilicon, root juice and boost but not all at once.

Strains

In addition to the seeds I requested, I decided to pop Moham ram as well. I could live to regret this :yep:

Moham ram

Our personal homage to the father of STS without which our female varieties would not exist and of course we are very grateful to him, and for this reason we have dedicated to him an exceptional plant.

This genetic variation is based on the selection of White Widow which we have crossed with our sweet selection of S.A.D S1. White Widow gives a fresh, floral, fruity touch to the sweet musk of our SAD.

The result is a, ideal plant, bursting with flavour of Indian predominance. It has spectacular production of resin crystals and a strong and lasting effect. It blooms quickly, easy to cultivate and it has an exquisite aroma.

Indica / Sativa: 85%-15% THC: 18%-21% CBD: 1,4% CBN: 0,6%

Indoor Yield: 400-500 gr/m2 Outdoor Yield: 350-550 gr/plant

Indoor Blooming: 8 weeks.

Outdoor Harvest: End of September.

Psicodelicia

A cross-bred plant cutting coming from United States and a Nepali plant whose spiced aroma remains one of the places where coffee is toasted, mainly of the sativa strain with a very short flowering time, 9 weeks only, giving generous and dense buds coated with resin. Very stimulant “high” characteristic of the sativa strain and a highly productive plant.

Its aroma it’s very different from others self-grown genetic varieties, having a fresh and citric aroma and Asian spiced coffee scent that together form a soft and delicate sativa flavour. Being a Sativa, its “high” is energetic, clear and exciting, ideal for producing artistic and creative work.

It suits hempters who want to fill up its indoor of mainly sativa genetic because of its high productivity and short flowering period.

Indica / Sativa: 30%-70%

THC: 15%-20% CBD: 0,9% CBN: 0,5%

Indoor Yield: 400-600 gr/m2

Outdoor Yield: 450-700 gr/plant

Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks.

Outdoor Harvest: End of September,

beginning of October.

SAD s1

S.A.D (Sweet Afgani Delicious S1)

Self-pollination of one of our most aromatic and powerful mother, Black Domina. We selected this plant in 1998, well-known in Valencia and surroundings, winner in the second valencian cannabis coup organized by “Barraca de María” (2004).

The in-breeding of this “supermother” produces resinous dense buds of intense aroma and musky flavours inherited from its afghan ancestors.

S1 seeds are very homogenous, so too will be its offsprings.

Excellent for indoor growing and suitable for all kinds of outdoor areas. Easy harvesting and very resistant to pests and fungus.

Indica / Sativa: 90%-10% THC: 15%-20% CBD: 1,8% CBN: 0,5%

Indoor Yield: 400-500 gr/m2 Outdoor Yield: 350-550 gr/plant Indoor Blooming: 8-9 weeks.

Outdoor Harvest: End of September.

Black Jack

We have crossed-bred our Black Domina with an exceptional Jack Herer of pleasing and intense aroma similar to the haze of cathedral incense, resulting on one of our most powerful and highly productive plant.

This variety produces long lateral branches plenty of abundant resinous buds giving the plant a sphere like form. This breed-crossing provides the plant a sweet aroma characteristic of Black Domina that softens the deep incense aroma of our Jack.

It has the great vigour of a hybrid, totally adapted to indoor conditions. Planted outdoor in earth, with enough sun, becomes a resinous and hairy monster as high as 3 metres.

Indica / Sativa: 50%-50%

THC: 16%-21% CBD: 1% CBN: 0,6%

Indoor Yield: 500-600 gr/m2

Outdoor Yield: 500-700 gr/plant

Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks.

All seed info taken from Sweet Seeds website lol

Coming up.......what I did next

What I did next....

I popped the seeds straight into root riot cubes, into a prop so they don't dry up too fast and into the veg cab.

post-24068-1292360026_thumb.jpg post-24068-1292360035_thumb.jpg

post-24068-1292360051_thumb.jpg post-24068-1292360057_thumb.jpg

More to come later but I need some spliffage and to do some chores lol

TSDuk :yep:

woohoo, your my first guest Mr bizzle. Many thanks my friend, now help yourself to the bong while I roll us some spliffs :yep:

ps hope ya got choccy biccies :pirate:

Hiya Vill, thanks for the good vibes mate :wink:

Chocolate of all sorts here mate from biccies to great big slabs of canna chocolate. If it weren't for chocolate I would be why-fer thin (monty pythonesque accent) :skin_up:

Hi Ludacris, many thanks for the well wishes mate. Brews up, help yourself to biccies and cake ;)

Hi Tommy and welcome to my diary

I cant wait to see what these strains are like. I went for 8-9 weekers, hoping they'll all be ready about the same time :)

I have a forthcoming obstacle to overcome. I am going to be away for nearly 2 weeks over Christmas :doh:

So the plan is to set up capillary matting in the veg cab and pray they survive. I've done this in the past and just managed to get away with it.

So, why not wait till the New year to start you numbnut, I hear you cry. Well the reason is, I am going to the Netherlands early April to see Roger Waters at Arnhem and they need to be chopped by then so an early start is vital.

This is where I'm at now. Yesterday, I repotted 3 of the gals from root cubes to 3" pots with biobizz lightmix and root granules and wtered in with 2ml/litre of PM root juice.

I put granules in a hole I made in the compost and sprinkled around the root cube. I always use gloves for cleanliness.

Some pics.....

post-24068-1292442235_thumb.jpg post-24068-1292442245_thumb.jpg

post-24068-1292442254_thumb.jpg

The black jack will be repotted on Friday :)

That's all for now. Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey :cheers:lol

TSDuk :woot:

e2a...I forgot, a picture of the black jack :)

post-24068-1292442648_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheStoneDuk

Hellooo :)

Well, the ladies are settling into there new homes well and the Black Jack seems to have been inspired by the other ladies to git a moove orn :D

So far the ladies are just getting 2ml/ litre of PM Root juice. They are currently living in the veg box with 20w cfls. Temperatures are a pleasant 26C with 24 hour sunshine and about 45% humidity.

I forgot to mention before, I plan to flower four of them with the best of the Moham Rams making the final cut. Hopefully with a bit of competition the Rams will spur each other on :)

And here's a group shot of the lovely lie-dees ( Alo Alo accent :spliff: ) in all their finery

post-24068-1292619117_thumb.jpg

post-24068-1292619540_thumb.jpg

TSDuk :doh:

All the best with the grow TheStoneDuk, looking good in here.

Not had much luck with mine due to my rubbish germinating skills, but the outcome is looking brighter now. :D

Is the PM Root juice good stuff?, i use everything else from the PM range but the root juice is the only one i don't use as i was thinking the catalyst will do the same job?

Nice detailed diary too. lol

Hoy hoy peeps :)

Hi Amnesia , welcome to the Duk pond and many thanks for your kind wishes.

I do seem to be getting better roots with the root juice but like you, I'm not sure if it's necessary if you're using catalyst. I seemed to latch onto the rootjuice though. Sorry, not really helped much, has it lol

Hi Grimble Grumble, thanks for popping in and make yourself comfortable. Help yourself to the weed jars and biccie tin :yinyang:lol

Hi Chilli and thanks for the well wishes :)

I've never done that with the granules before, just seemed like a good idea at the time :rofl:

Hi Nu Jerzey Devil and thanks very muchly for the encouraging words. It is most unlike me to be neat and tidy in anything lol

Soooo, continuing with "wot I did this winter"

All seems to be going well....so far.

The temperatures are remaining stable at about 25C and humidity around 45-50%, this is helped by using 24 hour lighting regime by keeping the temperatures constant.

When they go into the main drobe, in the New year, I will resume with 18/6 until they're big enough to flower.

I'm going away on Christmas Eve until the New Year so here is the plan. It could end in tears.... :yes:

Pictured below is a snap lock bread bin which I'm going to fill with plain water. I will cover it in black plastic and sit the lid back from the edge on the short side and cover with capillary matting with the wicks going into the base. Kinda like a self watering tray. I know this isn't ideal but if they survive they will get lots of treats and pampering when I get back.

plants will sit directly on matting on the lid, not in tray as pictured

post-24068-1293043538_thumb.jpg

And here's a group shot of the ladies. Not much change but a few extra sets of leaves developing.

post-24068-1293043750_thumb.jpg

And that's about it for now,

TSDuk :(