Hiding Spanish Girl In The Loft (vertical 250w Hps)

net2-3

Quick update, buds are developing nicely but I had to wait to water the girls due to other commitments and they got really thirsty for the second time in a row :smoke: Won't do too much harm I hope but it's made the compost compact so I'll need to sit a couple of them in a bucket of water for a bit at the next watering. Bit gutted because I was intending to give these girls the utmost care to try and show them at their best but life keeps getting in the way!

They're all getting pretty hungry now, I've dropped the fishmix entirely and they had just over 3.5ml OT Bloom yesterday but I reckon I'll need to go a good bit higher yet. Has given me a chance to give them a bit of a tidy up down below while I've been removing some yellowed leaves so not all bad :smug:

Edited by net2-3

Day 22 Flower (58): 400W HPS

The box

A lot of lovely smells developing up there now as budding starts to build up pace :wink:

Seems to running nicely, temps still drop a bit lower than I'd like, dip down to 13-14. It seems to be between lights out (5.30am) and the air temp warming up for the day but it will make life harder to move lights on back much and the plants seem to be managing just fine with it.

There was still a little scorching even after clipping the fan onto the bottom of the mesh so I came up with a better idea

gallery_42949_2252_169780.jpg

I reckon that will have it more or less solved.

Height is going to be a close call, although I can't see it'll matter if they hit the roof a bit.

gallery_42949_2252_137736.jpggallery_42949_2252_9420.jpg

Comparison shot from 6 days ago.

Water & nutes

Well hopefully I can keep on top of the watering a bit better now. At last watering I sat the wild rose and short rider in water to soak for a couple of mins and thats fixed their compost. I gave them all at least 3l of water, there was quite a lot of run off but at the start of the third light cycle they were still pretty wet so I can't have been giving them quite enough. Upping the bloom has stopped hunger and they are going to get around 4ml Bloom this evening +4ml Maxicrop seaweed. The Cream Caramels and Flash back are slightly hungrier than Wild Rose and Short Rider are are getting about 0.5ml more.

Edited by net2-3

Cream Caramel 1 CC1 is sat in the back right corner of the box. The Cream Caramels amaze me at how bushy they are looking still even after a bit of stretch. I get they impression they are nice robust plants and would grow happily in most situations. They've really spread themselves out to make the most of the light.

gallery_42949_2252_211201.jpg

gallery_42949_2252_32045.jpg

Cream Caramel 2 Sat at the very front of the box. The yellowish looking leaves lower down are actually just reflecting the HPS light from the box. She's looking very happy overall.

gallery_42949_2252_21742.jpg

Trichomes have arrived

gallery_42949_2252_241344.jpg

gallery_42949_2252_147296.jpg

Wild Rose

I love the leaf shape and the smells on this plant :wink: Felt bad when I let her get all droopy but she bounced back no trouble as soon as she got some water. I've taken a couple of shots to show how the plants have adjusted to the training and the light, they are now really making the most of the vertical bulb.

WR Front

gallery_42949_2252_59544.jpg

WR back

gallery_42949_2252_128716.jpg

Flash Back #2

Still looking like it's just going to stack up a few large buds and doing nicely, especially now it's looking well fed.

FB#2 front - once again yellow looking leaves are just reflecting the HPS light coming out of the box.

gallery_42949_2252_33629.jpg

FB#2 rear

gallery_42949_2252_32545.jpg

gallery_42949_2252_282207.jpg

Short Rider

Struggling to catch my attention amongst the Sweet Seeds. Not distinctive or smelly, a bit temperamental and not showing faster bud development yet.

gallery_42949_2252_52813.jpg

Stuffed to the max eh mate!

Some lovely looking pics there mate and lots of greenness everywhere. Are you just using bloom atm with no grow or fish mix??

Keep it up dude, bring on the buds!! :guitar: SS

Stuffed to the max eh mate!

Some lovely looking pics there mate and lots of greenness everywhere. Are you just using bloom atm with no grow or fish mix??

Keep it up dude, bring on the buds!! :thumsup: SS

Yep, looks like it's slowly turning into a solid box of bud :woot: Intention has always been to see how much I can get from the space and light used and things seem to be working out well so far. I'd forgotten how exciting this stage is, can't wait to see them forming up into some proper buds.

I'm using Plant Magic Old Timer Bloom, it's got a fairly high level of N (iirc correctly it's 3-5-4) so I'm steering clear of the fishmix till I drop the P at ripening up time. Seems to be providing a very good balance now that I've got the dose high enough :woot:

Another thing I guess I haven't covered, these plants have had no Epsom salts yet. My water is hard as nails so I may not need it at all.

Has the Lot#5 come down now? Can't wait to hear how it smokes :thumsup: I'd have another one in it's honour :unsure: if I didn't have to go out soon

Guest leepy

looking good in there bro :yinyang: i was going to do the same sort of thing except i was going to doit in a 45gallon drum sunk into my garage floor but never got round to it yet

looking good in there bro :B): i was going to do the same sort of thing except i was going to doit in a 45gallon drum sunk into my garage floor but never got round to it yet

Alright Leepy, cheers for dropping in. Don't think my DIY skills stretch quite as far as yours lol The big dig was some serious stuff, how did it work out as a grow space? 45 gallon drm sounds like a good idea, love to see that when you get round to it :ninja:

Looking nice! I lol'd at the title!

Cheers, couldn't resist the title. Only one other person apart from me know that they are there. Certainly feels more secure than the garden growing :rofl:

Buds coming on nicely now and I'm amazed at the rate the trichomes are developing :rofl: Can't believe how hungry these girls are, I'll give them 5/5.5ml at watering tomorrow which will also be time for the photo call.

Smells are really starting to come through strongly on the Wild Rose and Cream Caramels. The wild rose is very floral rather than fruity and is living up to it's name. It's not a really sweet floral aroma, it's heavier but in a smooth way, not like the sharp intensity of lilies or lavender. More like the rounder notes of some roses without any sweetness.

The Cream Caramels on the other hand have an almost sickly sweetness but it's layered over a denser smell that is deeply reminiscent for me, I think it reminds me of the smell of rain on hot, dry ground.

Flash back is not smelling much yet so I'll report once the aroma develops a bit.

I really hope I can get some samples off these and report back before competition closes on the 15 April! Fingers crossed for some speedy bud development.

Yoyoyo net, sup man :yinyang: . Hey check them pic's out, coming on strong by the looks of it. Nice job

Don't know if u've had the pleasure of smokin the ol' CC b4 buddy. Damn it's tasty!!

peace.

Alright there Bongmonkee thanks for the comments. Not tried the CC before, I've only grown a few autos outdoors before these girls and prior to that it was always just generic dealer weed. Really excited to try these strains and my 'proper' weed :yinyang: I reckon I'm going to end up with a good stock of the Cream Caramel by the look of the two of them :unsure:

That looks wicked man,good luck with the finnish! ;)

Cheers Kint, definitely keeping my fingers crossed everything goes well in the run in to the finish. Can't wait to see some Calyxes swelling, can only be a week or two now :D

Day 30 Flower (66): 400W HPS

The box

Everything is pretty sweet in there and filling with some beautiful aromas. It's a bit warmer weather so temps are sitting at a nice range of 16-28 degrees which should give the plants a bit of an extra boost for their bud building. Still getting a little scorching and and bleaching around the mesh but nothing too serious, I think I'll get more aggressive at removing scorched and bleached leaves as it will let more light through the plant anyway.

It's pretty rammed in there. It seems that the plants are doing very well at making the most of the light. Some of the stems have grown toward the light and the fronts of the plants have orientated their leaves and bushed out to catch those rays ;) You can see the difference between the front and back of the plants in some of the individual pics below.

gallery_42949_2252_161665.jpg

CC1 removed from the front of the box. Wild Rose on the left with FB#2 behind, Short Rider front right with CC2 behind. Looks like height is going to be spot on :D

gallery_42949_2252_183698.jpg

Water and nutes Watering every third day seems to be working nicely now that I'm giving them a good 3l each on average. Hunger has really crept back in again so the Short Rider and Wild Rose had about 5.5ml and the Cream Caramels and Flash Back #2 about 6ml (+ a good 5ml Maxicrop) at last watering. Unless they carrying on showing hunger I'm not going above this level as it's a fair old whack.

Cream Caramels: Both developing buds nicely and packing on the trichomes, not much more I can say apart from they smell nice and slightly different from each other!

CC1

gallery_42949_2252_116802.jpg gallery_42949_2252_48043.jpg gallery_42949_2252_121101.jpg

CC2

gallery_42949_2252_55178.jpggallery_42949_2252_22251.jpggallery_42949_2252_111604.jpg