Hiding Spanish Girl In The Loft (vertical 250w Hps)

net2-3

Day 17: 18/6 250W Enviros

First and foremost I now have 400W!!! HPS, 125mm highpower RUCK and filter, BioBizz fish mix and Oldtimer bloom on order :yahoo: so I should soon be able to get the set up finished and the plants moved up :smoke: They'll need a good bit more time vegging to make the most of 400W I reckon.

Repotted the Sweet Seeds into 5' pots last Saturday with rootgrow and aplied a root drench of 5ml/l seaweed extract. With the larger pots I needed more light coverage so popped in my other 125W Enviro. The temps and humidity have come up nicely and now sit around 25o and 50% humidity. The plants are coming on well since pot up and are impressing me so far :wink:

gallery_42949_2252_52041.jpg gallery_42949_2252_77564.jpg

The Short rider: It's getting the crumbs from the table for light and is not yet showing sex. It can only be a matter of a few days before it shows in my experience.

gallery_42949_2252_147903.jpg

Root development is looking very good on the Sweet Seeds and they'll probably need to be potted up again before too long.

gallery_42949_2252_131331.jpg

The two Cream Caramels:: They're growing really nicely and have rapidly developing side shoot so I think they're gonna be really bushy, which should hopefully suit the vertical grow well.

gallery_42949_2252_168488.jpg gallery_42949_2252_106001.jpg

Wild Rose on the left and Flash Back #2 on the right: The Wild Rose is probably the smallest at the moment, I think she didn't like the environment early on very much but is growing well now. I'm really surprised by how broad leaved the Flash Back #2 is, I'll be interested to see how it develops as it grows up.

gallery_42949_2252_137327.jpg

Made a start on training these girls too, gotta make sure they grow up nice and short and bushy, will top them soon too I reckon.

gallery_42949_2252_64121.jpg

Edited by net2-3

Looking Good Net. :yinyang:

Hope you enjoy your new purchases.

Many thanks VoodooRay. I Definitely can't wait for the new toys, it feels like Christmas has come back around again already :D I'm sure the plants will be ready for some more light very soon too, only problem is I might not have time to fit it all for a little while as I'm very busy at the moment :spliff:

looking really good & healthy :(

Cheer BKS, these Sweet Seeds do certainly seem like some vigorous little plants.

They're ready for pot up again already, so I'll try and get round to that today at some point. I've also topped one of the Cream Caramels and the FB2, may do the other two soon.

Day 24: 18/6 250W Enviros

First and foremost check out the new toys, can't wait to get this lot set up :wink: :fear:

gallery_42949_2252_72215.jpg

Potting up

The plants got potted up yesterday, they were quite pot bound and getting hungry. It was probably about 3 or 4 days late by my reckoning but my Amigas had to wait till I had time to spend with them ;) They've gone into 5l pots with B&Q MP with John Innes #2, a couple of handfuls of rock dust chucked in. Sprayed the root balls down with a 5ml/l maxicrop and gave a liberal sprinkling of Root Grow. They're getting maxicrop at about 2ml/l in all their water, no food yet and the JI should keep them quite happy for a little while :yinyang: I think they'll get one more pot up, possibly into 14l pots a little before flowering.

This is the root ball on one of the CCs, the FB #2 was even denser whilst the WR was a little less developed.

gallery_42949_2252_55128.jpg

• Like 1

The girls

Very happy with progress so far, the Sweets are some fine looking plants, unbelievable that these pips were free, thanks again SS. They'll be hungry for more than those enviros soon, and they'll get it as soon as the 400W and extraction are set up :D

gallery_42949_2252_50731.jpg

gallery_42949_2252_48445.jpg

Cream Caramels

Definitely looks like two different phenotypes which is pleasing news.

No.1 has slightly narrower leaves and is very stocky, I've attempted a FIM :fear:

gallery_42949_2252_8560.jpg

No.2 has broader leaves, I have only trained it so far.

gallery_42949_2252_44188.jpg

Comparison shot, No.1 on the right.

gallery_42949_2252_167583.jpg

Flash Back #2

I've seen other diaries with SADs that looks like this and a Moham Ram so I'm wondering whether the leaf shape comes from SS's Afghan line? In any case it looks like indica characteristics are dominant in this pheno and that suits me fine :wink:

gallery_42949_2252_89554.jpg

Attempted FIM

gallery_42949_2252_23069.jpg

Wild Rose

The smallest plant at the moment but she's a pretty little thing. Shame I can't look at her without a shit Nick Cave song popping into my head :yinyang:

gallery_42949_2252_74907.jpg

Short Rider

Well for a bean that cost me about £2.50 it's doing pretty well so far. I've spotted two flowers, they look like Calyxs but I can't see any pistils so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

gallery_42949_2252_54104.jpg

I'm off now, it's Friday ;)

gallery_42949_2252_11774.jpg

Looks like your gonna be busy with the Groom this weekend eh........

Your babies are looking mighty fine at the minute. Any chance of you taking a shot of the roots on the next pot up on the Wild Rose?? Not sure if it was just mine, but the roots looked the thinnest and weakest of the lot. Hopefully it was just mine that looked immature and yours will be spot on :russian:

Think you'll enjoy the Flash Back..... Tiz a real nice smoke :wink:

Burton

Looks like your gonna be busy with the Groom this weekend eh........

Your babies are looking mighty fine at the minute. Any chance of you taking a shot of the roots on the next pot up on the Wild Rose?? Not sure if it was just mine, but the roots looked the thinnest and weakest of the lot. Hopefully it was just mine that looked immature and yours will be spot on :ninja:

Think you'll enjoy the Flash Back..... Tiz a real nice smoke :wink:

Cheers Burton, unfortunately I'm not going to have time to sort the Groom this weekend, it will have to wait for the moment :(

Definitely fewer roots on the Wild Rose, I'll try and take a comparison pic with one of the Cream Caramels next pot up. We''l see what she does though, may also be that she's just a bit more of a sensitive girl than the others.

lookin much healthier than mine atm. I want some toys too :spliff: - comin soon :guitar:

Thanks Yam, sorry to see things aren't working out so well with the 400W right now, I'm sure it'll pick up and rocket on once they're settled.

Well the short rider is still showing little evidence even of preflowers so I think it's safe to say it's not going to autoflower :angry: I've read around and I'm not the first person to have this problem with the non-feminised Short Riders, should have done more research before buying them. I think I'll still grow her out just for a bit of extra variety. My big concern now is that the jars are emptying and these girls are going to need plenty of veg time to make the most of a 400W so an order for three Sweet Seeds Fast buds has been placed :) Think I can trust SS to deliver the goods from what I've seen of the Speed Devil on here.

Just a quick update. Came home yesterday and the house was starting to smell which isn't acceptable to me so had to get the box finished in the loft. Did a quick and dirty job of getting everything set up and the plants are happily sitting around the 400W bulb, only problem was temps during lights on were hovering around the 16 degree mark with lights on :ninja:

I've been back up today and sealed the box up better to try and get all the air drawn up the chimney stack rather than from the loft. I've also covered the box with loft insulation apart from the front panel, hoping it sorts things out.

Pics to follow soon.

Alright Net, thought I'd stop in and see how yours were doing man. That's quite hardcore what you've done there mate, Impressive. Those plants are looking nice and healthy and that room looks well built... as does that joint a few posts up. Should get a great grow if this carries on. Hope the new environment you've made there proves a good one. Gotta be careful with that green wire too man :ouch: I've strangled a few plants with that stuff. :rofl:

Nice one net, looking great so far man. Looking forward to watching them grow lol

Alright Net, thought I'd stop in and see how yours were doing man. That's quite hardcore what you've done there mate, Impressive. Those plants are looking nice and healthy and that room looks well built... as does that joint a few posts up. Should get a great grow if this carries on. Hope the new environment you've made there proves a good one. Gotta be careful with that green wire too man :blushing: I've strangled a few plants with that stuff. :stoned:

Nice one net, looking great so far man. Looking forward to watching them grow :rofl:

Cheers for dropping in Blayz'd and for the kind comments. It has certainly taken a bit of graft to get the box built, surprisingly getting power up there was the trickiest part as I had to drill through all sorts of brick and plaster with my cheapy hand drill :B): The box probably looks better built than it is but I've had to make the most of the materials I could afford.

Am taking care with the wire, just hook loops around the plants to try and avoid any damage. Still pretty cold up there (17 degrees) but the plants seem happy at the moment, it looks like real progress again now as they all get going after topping.

I'm looking forward to getting some pics up of it all, hopefully Friday.