Hiding Spanish Girl In The Loft (vertical 250w Hps)

net2-3

Day 31: 18/6 400W HPS :yahoo:

Well there all in the box in the roof but I'm having a bit of a tricky time getting the temps sorted at the moment. I've just put a 400W electric heater up there but early indications are that it may cook them :nea:

gallery_42949_2252_40172.jpg

gallery_42949_2252_23505.jpg

On the plus side the intake and fan underneath the bulb means I can get them pretty close to the bulb if I want.

gallery_42949_2252_39078.jpg

Growth has been coming on OK but I really don't like to see them unhappy and they are looking a bit droopy at the moment. Will have to make sure I get on top of the temps ASAP. Cheers people and enjoy the weekend, I know I will, I've had a bastard of a week.

Flash Back #2

gallery_42949_2252_46710.jpg

Wild Rose - really not liking the cold, she's a sensitive soul.

gallery_42949_2252_122869.jpg

Cream Caramel 1 - this plant doesn't seem to give a shit, it just keeps growing :D I'm guessing the Indica genetics are better adapted to the cold.

gallery_42949_2252_24771.jpg

Cream Caramel 2

gallery_42949_2252_61482.jpg

One questions is how long shall I leave it before flowering? I think I will pot up in a few days and then switch over in around 10 days. Any thoughts are welcome as I've never done this before.

Been checking in and with a bit or moving things around the heater seems to be keeping things at around 27-28 which is great news. You can see the response in half a day :wink: . Hopefully now they'll be able to make the most of the light and really get going again.

Heater has brought RH is down to around 30% but I think they should cope fine with that at this stage.

Should also mention they're getting about 0.5ml fishmix as they've probably nearly rooted these pots out. Short rider is desperate for a pot up too so need to see to that this weekend, I'll check whether the SS's are ready too while I'm at it.

Edited by net2-3

"One questions is how long shall I leave it before flowering? I think I will pot up in a few days and then switch over in around 10 days. Any thoughts are welcome as I've never done this before. "

Looking good so far mate. As for how long before switching 12/12...... I usually leave them veggin for anything from 6 to 8 weeks.

Day 33: 18/6 400W HPS

It's only been a couple of days but I've potted up and took a couple of pics. Burton as promised here is the Wild Rose roots

gallery_42949_2252_172393.jpg

and here is the FB#2

gallery_42949_2252_52389.jpg

Wild Rose is definitely less developed than the others but the difference is quite small.

The girls were getting bleached by the light so they're now further back and the light is raised. Temps are good now too with the 400W heater, however it glows so I'm going to have to exchange it for an oil rad so that I can flower :shutup: Didn't think that one through very well!

So they're now in their final pots (12l and 14l buckets) and I've retrained them a little. Shop didn't have and John Innes #3 so I got some West+ MP instead, I added some JI#2 and high phosphorous organic compost as well as the usual rock dust and root grow inoculation. Watered in with 5ml per l seaweed too and I've managed to pick up a nice 2l watering can with brass rose which should help a lot as previous can had no rose and was terrible for the compost.

Hopefully the environment should be ok so they can get going for a few days in their new pots before we go over to 12/12. Cheers for the advice Burton but I will definitely go no longer than six weeks otherwise I think controlling height could become a real issue.

gallery_42949_2252_127760.jpg

E2A: Cream Caramels in the black buckets, FB#2 in left orange bucket and WR in the right one

Edited by net2-3

Hey net, looking good. That's some serious root-idge goin on there man.

So you gonna veg for 42 ish days and flip the switch? How much do you expect those strains wil grow in 12/12?

the 22nd will be 6 weeks, that's when I think mine will be goin 12/12. It's the size of yr plants and how much space you have left that should determine when you go 12/12. I'm allowing twice the height on my Cc and I'm allowing for x3 stretch on my Hp. Can't you draw warm air from in yr house, do you have an airing cuboard with hot water tank or heating pipes in you could draw warmer air from ? Hole in the ceiling in an airing cuboard ain't so bad ?

With the environment sorted and the light a sensible distance away these Sweet Seeds are growing like they're on steroids :rofl: I'm impressed by the plants and the impact of the HPS, it's remakable :unsure:

Hey net, looking good. That's some serious root-idge goin on there man.

So you gonna veg for 42 ish days and flip the switch? How much do you expect those strains wil grow in 12/12?

Only have 90cm height to play with and to be honest they're starting to look nearly ready to form a nice circle of buds aeround the light. It will only be 3 days maybe before I switch. Not sure how much they'll grow, 2-3x their current height seems the norm and they're aren't any heavily Sativa dominant ones to worry about. I'll train during early flowerring too if it's required to keep height down.

the 22nd will be 6 weeks, that's when I think mine will be goin 12/12. It's the size of yr plants and how much space you have left that should determine when you go 12/12. I'm allowing twice the height on my Cc and I'm allowing for x3 stretch on my Hp. Can't you draw warm air from in yr house, do you have an airing cuboard with hot water tank or heating pipes in you could draw warmer air from ? Hole in the ceiling in an airing cuboard ain't so bad ?

Plants are looking nearly ready to fill the space I reckon so not as long for me. I am thinking about changing the intake to a cupboard, nedd to check the temp of my intake air, see whether it would make much difference.

Edited by net2-3

Hiya Net mate,

glad they've perked up for you buddy, temps can be a real pain in the arse in a loft, not long now and it'll be perfect for a few weeks till the searing heat begins! :rolleyes:

Looks like you'll be ok in the cooling dep't tho so happy days!

Keep it up bud ! :stoned: SS

Cheers for dropping in Stealth, hopefully some nice budshots soon if you stick around as I'm flipping tomorrow!

Comparison shot, these girls are gorwing at a hell of a rate :D

Day 33 v Day 36

gallery_42949_2252_127760.jpg gallery_42949_2252_49128.jpg

Day 36: Day 0 12/12

They're shooting up at quite a rate so I've decided it's time to switch. The light will be coming on at 5.30pm today and going off again at 5.30am and I've got a nce little 500W oil radiator with thermostat to replace he glowing quartz heater.

They've just had a root drench of 0.5ml Fishmix as the compost probably isn't that rich and there are slight signs of hunger on 1 or 2. It looks like they're using straw as a peat replacement in the West+ MP that I have which I'm not too sure about; I'm definiely glad I mixed a good bit of loam based compost in with it. I threw in 2ml Maxicrop too as per usual. The three attemptes at FIMing resulted in three shoots at the top of the WR and FB although it doesn't make much difference with the training as well. I've trained or supercropped the odd shoot today to keep things even. Here are the last pictures of them in veg :D

Cream caramel 1: She's doing really well and is probably the most vigorous plant of the lot. May need to trim out a few shoots as she has rather alot (does this sound like a good idea?).

gallery_42949_2252_126960.jpg

Cream Caramel 2: Looks pretty similar to her sister, slightly broader leaves and not quite as vigorous recently.

gallery_42949_2252_165384.jpg

Flash Back #2: Not the bushiest plant but she's producing nice thick stems that I think could develop some nice chunky buds.

gallery_42949_2252_134076.jpg

Wild Rose: Slowly but surely coming into her own.

gallery_42949_2252_13788.jpg

Short Rider: It got quite singed when I first put the heater in and I had to trim some leaves off as a result. It hasn't been treated as well as the Sweet Seeds but it still looks clear to me the genetics in veg aren't as good :yep: Have to see how it gets on when it's budding.

gallery_42949_2252_14215.jpg

vast improvment bet your well happy :D

Delighted mate, not least because it means they're ready to flower already by my reckoning. Which is a relief as stocks are dwindling :yep:

And now the fun begins! Looking loads better mate, good luck with the buddage! :spliff::yep:

Indeed it does :spliff: Been away for a couple of days, it's now day two of flowering and all is looking very nice, they are starting to stretch at quite some rate, new growth looks a nice healthy green and there's no sign of droopy leaves. I've popped an extra fan blowing directly at the bulb side on and have put a clip on onto the side of the radiator to blow warm air around the root zone. They got 1ml fishmix and 1ml OT bloom today and I trimmed out a few thin shoots (only about 6 in all as the rest are quite evenly sized).

Lastly I can confirm for sure that the short rider is a girlie :clapping: (although it's really starting to be dwarfed by it's Spanish sisters).

Edited by net2-3