Hiding Spanish Girl In The Loft (vertical 250w Hps)

net2-3

Only just found this diary and read it in its entirety. Well written, informative and entertaining. Top marks!

The pictures were excellent too! I have a digital SLR type camera and would like to get decent pics of my grow. I recall you mentioning ridiculously fast shutter speeds and as I'm not very good with the camera, I thought I'd ask you what average settings you used for shooting with lights on?

Oh and I was also very impressed with the yield you achieved..........very well done!

lol

Alright there Antigooner, cheers for dropping in. I don't really know what I'm doing with the DSLR to be honest, I often use the Auto or Macro presets. Otherwise I just tend to play around with small apertures or fast shutter speeds and see what the results look like. Just picked up a great tip from Ratdog though, sticking a wet rizla over the flash is great for close up shots lol It's what he did for his current COTC candidate.

I think the yield is largely down to the set up, the vertical grow seems to be quite efficient. Second grow is over 6 weeks into flower so I should be able to be fairly certain soon.

Only just found this diary and read it in its entirety. Well written, informative and entertaining. Top marks!

The pictures were excellent too! I have a digital SLR type camera and would like to get decent pics of my grow. I recall you mentioning ridiculously fast shutter speeds and as I'm not very good with the camera, I thought I'd ask you what average settings you used for shooting with lights on?

Oh and I was also very impressed with the yield you achieved..........very well done!

:unsure:

Alright there Antigooner, cheers for dropping in. I don't really know what I'm doing with the DSLR to be honest, I often use the Auto or Macro presets. Otherwise I just tend to play around with small apertures or fast shutter speeds and see what the results look like. Just picked up a great tip from Ratdog though, sticking a wet rizla over the flash is great for close up shots :D It's what he did for his current COTC candidate.

I think the yield is largely down to the set up, the vertical grow seems to be quite efficient. Second grow is over 6 weeks into flower so I should be able to be fairly certain soon.

The vertical grow sounds interesting, but I'm reluctant to change from my 'poot producer' which is better suited to a scrog (I am attempting one at present). I'm retired, so have to be mindful of expense, although I recently bought some T5's and find them excellent for vegging. I'm considering switching from the sodium to T5 bloom tubes during this hot weather. My loft is double insulated and the room is fully cf ventilated but temps are unbearable and plants are stressing.

The wet Rizla to soften the flash; is a peach.....thanks

:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
The vertical grow sounds interesting, but I'm reluctant to change from my 'poot producer' which is better suited to a scrog (I am attempting one at present). I'm retired, so have to be mindful of expense, although I recently bought some T5's and find them excellent for vegging. I'm considering switching from the sodium to T5 bloom tubes during this hot weather. My loft is double insulated and the room is fully cf ventilated but temps are unbearable and plants are stressing.

The wet Rizla to soften the flash; is a peach.....thanks

:yahoo:

Can you get an active intake or increase you're extraction? I can keep my temps under 30 while it's in the high 30s in the loft I guess due to a high rate of air exchange, that's with my 100mm loft insulation lining. Would be a shame not to use the HPS for flowering.

:smoke:

Can you get an active intake or increase you're extraction? I can keep my temps under 30 while it's in the high 30s in the loft I guess due to a high rate of air exchange, that's with my 100mm loft insulation lining. Would be a shame not to use the HPS for flowering.

:blub:

I have managed to get temps down to 30 on; (just) and 20-24 off, by adding a second in-line extractor. I now have 2 x 5" extractors in my current bloom room with a 3rd 4" in-line fan transferring air from my veg room to it (bloom room). A fifth fan (4") pulls air in from outside and into the veg room. My rooms are built from 50mm kingspan in an already well insulated (200mm) loft. I then lined each room with foil backed bubble. BIG MISTAKE.......(and one others might like to consider) the metallised foil heats up and warms the air bubble and the whole room. I have since further lined the veg room with mylar and when the current bloom crop is finished I'll mylar that room too. It also has had an impact on bringing temps down. My only problem now is how to get the humidity up, as it is very dry in there.

:D

I have managed to get temps down to 30 on; (just) and 20-24 off, by adding a second in-line extractor. I now have 2 x 5" extractors in my current bloom room with a 3rd 4" in-line fan transferring air from my veg room to it (bloom room). A fifth fan (4") pulls air in from outside and into the veg room. My rooms are built from 50mm kingspan in an already well insulated (200mm) loft. I then lined each room with foil backed bubble. BIG MISTAKE.......(and one others might like to consider) the metallised foil heats up and warms the air bubble and the whole room. I have since further lined the veg room with mylar and when the current bloom crop is finished I'll mylar that room too. It also has had an impact on bringing temps down. My only problem now is how to get the humidity up, as it is very dry in there.

lol

Sounds like you're doing everything you can, hope it all stays under control for you. Have you got plenty of air circulation going on too? I've heard it helps to make high temps more tolerable for the plants.

Bucket of water with wicking material (e.g. towels) draped over the sides helped me increase my humidity but only by a few %, otherwise you must be able to get some kind of mister I guess :doh:

Many thanks, for the bucket/towel suggestion, I'll give it a try. I have 18" and 12" fans in bloom room churning the air around and two 12" fans in veg room doing likewise. I think my girls are going to take a little longer than normal in bloom, following the heat stress they've endured, but they seem to have recovered well enough for now

:stoned: