Sweet Seeds Competition Grow Diary

Grimble Grumble

The copper stuff is interresting... they should really pick up growth in the next weeks. :guitar:

AT :yep:

Hi AT

Thats if i get the sun mate. I'm getting a bit behind some of the others with lights.

One of the most effective types used by growers on the forums has been the Copper Tape method. When a slug or snail slides over a copper surface, the motion of the animal combines with the liquid nature of the slime and the ions in the copper surface to induce an electro-chemical reaction which the slug finds very uncomfortable.

Very interesting :spliff:

GG :stoned:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grimble Grumble

• smiffy22toke

• AustrianToker

• Mr Mullen

Been away for three days so it was a bit of a suprise to come back to a jungle, everything has shot up, i'm guessing we had some sun while we were away. It was well nice in Amsterdam, a nice couple of sunny afternoons camped outside Homegrown fantasy, that Silver pearl is one of my top smokes, behind Chocolope of course.

Getting Jackherer out there wasn't a problem and an outsatanding smoke, Black domina was a different story, we couldn't find it anywhere so i'm still at a bit of a loss to what the Domina smells and tastes like.

post-40467-1249547640_thumb.jpg

The one at the back was the runt so a little bit behind, the short runt at the front had a small accident with a roll of garden wire and was laid flat on the soil with a badly bent stem, a little bit of support and it survived but a little bit sorry for itself.

post-40467-1249547870_thumb.jpg

The Freakazoid has stopped doing its thing and the next set of nodes have split into the normal 2 shoots.

post-40467-1249548414_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grimble Grumble

Good to see them moving along nicely dude.

It has indeed been sunny for a couple of days, must be cos you was out of the country :spliff:

Glad you had a good time.... oh the black domina I smoked was sweet,actually sweet on the throat, really did grab me I have to say, enough to almost spend £100 on the seeds but I'll just grow the SAD myself now and find something similar hopefully :B):

Good to see them moving along nicely dude.

It has indeed been sunny for a couple of days, must be cos you was out of the country :applause:

Glad you had a good time.... oh the black domina I smoked was sweet,actually sweet on the throat, really did grab me I have to say, enough to almost spend £100 on the seeds but I'll just grow the SAD myself now and find something similar hopefully :yep:

Really didn't want to come home this time :)

Cheers for that 'Withnail' ;) Think i've got myself a pack of SAD1 lying around somewhere :v:

I'll have to grow some myself :toldya:

GG

Looking very well! :wink: Really want to see the outcome, cause you really put them out late. It's great, I think they will hit the 1m mark. :oldtoker: unless you do something about it...

AT :B):

Ps: the copper thing seems to be working!

Edited by AustrianTokker

Looking very well! :spliff: Really want to see the outcome, cause you really put them out late. It's great, I think they will hit the 1m mark. :wink: unless you do something about it...

Ps: the copper thing seems to be working!

Ah the Austrian :oldtoker:

They are showing some vigour now, got quite alot of distance between the nodes early on, i'm going to have to tip them out if they get out of control, just wanted to see how they grow natural like, and get a good perspective of what to expect for future growers.

GG :yep:

P.s Bring on the the 'slimey slugger copper stopper' :wink:

Yeah, just let them grow naturally... I think topping them now won't help the yield very much.

I don't think they will take much room anyway... just nice main colas! :wink:

Day 23

smokie1 b c f c

looking good,and put sum copper tape around the base of each seedling ,as the slugs and snails will eat em up,as i have had the same problem,good luck to ya,and its good to see them outdoors m8

Not sure but i guess copper pipe will give me the same effect on the slimey critters as that copper tape you talk about smokie.

I cut some 15mm pipe down its length and flattened it, then rolled it round a broom stick and folded the edges over with a pair of pliers, seems to be doing the trick.

post-40467-1249050373_thumb.jpg

well done there m8, they wont be eating on your herb ,its good to see them slugs and snails hit the copper and do a emergency u turn wen they slime onto the copper, they hate coppers just like us growers eh, ha .well done and looking good :P

Yeah, just let them grow naturally... I think topping them now won't help the yield very much.

I don't think they will take much room anyway... just nice main colas! :wink:

AT :oldtoker:

i agree ,leave them to grow natural,mine ar big now ,and i havent topped them and they went out well late ,keep it up ,looking better all the time,you carnt beet the sun ,nateral enviroment. :stoned:

I don't think they will take much room anyway... just nice main colas! :yep:

AT :guitar:

i agree ,leave them to grow natural,mine ar big now ,and i havent topped them and they went out well late ,keep it up ,looking better all the time,you carnt beet the sun ,nateral enviroment. :v:

Thanks for the advice guys, i'm a bit of a hacker and would have tipped them by now usually, i reckon they will be as tall as me come October.

The heat in the greenhouse can be stifling with 40 degrees on the thermometer mid afternoon.

Extraction has been turned on, i just need to fit my intake and i'll be sorted.

Cuttings have been taken from the mutant just in case its something special but its lagging well behind the others so not holding up much hope for it. Cuts have also been taken from the tallest most vigorous plant in the middle to either serve as a mother or go to friends with more space than me.

post-40467-1250519532_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1250519561_thumb.jpg

The runt that was run down by a roll of garden wire lost all its vigour and is trailing right behind so its being removed from the plot tonight.

Enjoy the sunshine.

Grimble Grumble :)

They look fantastic mate, lovely lush growth, healthy indeed :D

Cheers dlt :execute:

I can only thank mother nature and the water board for the healthy lushness, no added nutes or additives yet, just a decent wet/dry cycle.

The question is wheather to tip them out or not? the description said they will grow 3 metres in good sun so i'm starting to worry a little. They are pushing 1 metre and not showing any pre flower yet :naughty: The other guys think i should let them go natural but i aint so sure :yahoo: its either tip now and let them get bushy or take the risk and let them grow BIG.

post-40467-1250800220_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1250801890_thumb.jpg