Sweet Seeds Competition Grow Diary

Grimble Grumble

That trinode is wierd eh!? Definately unique.

Is the trinode thing a fluke?/ mutant?

Never seen anything like it, bit of a freak really.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grimble Grumble

• smiffy22toke

• AustrianToker

• Mr Mullen

I saw a pic of a trinode canna online only a few weeks ago, a first for me, just had to keep reading when i saw it. I had a look just now but cant find it. It was a good example, photo's from sprout to full maturity, if i do find it I'll pm you the link.

I think u might just have the most unique plant in the comp!! :rofl:

Cheers Mr Mak

I had a little search and find that its probably Polyploidy, something about the feminising process and an extra chromosome.

It'll be interesting to see how it develops. If anyone else has any experience of this feel free to add any information.

GG

E2a;

Polyploidy is the condition of multiple sets of chromosomes within one cell. Cannabis has 20 chromosomes in the vegetative diploid (2n) condition. Triploid (3n) and tetraploid (4n) individuals have three or four sets of chromosomes and are termed polyploids. It is believed that the haploid condition of 10 chromosomes was likely derived by reduction from a higher (polyploid) ancestral number (Lewis, W. H. 1980). Polyploidy has not been shown to occur naturally in Cannabis; however, it may be induced artificially with colchicine treatments. Colchicine is a poisonous compound extracted from the roots of certain Colchicum species; it inhibits chromosome segregation to daughter cells and cell wall formation, resulting in larger than average daughter cells with multiple chromosome sets. The studies of H. E. Warmke et al. (1942-1944)

:unsure:

Edited by Grimble Grumble

Freak :wacko:

Nice info cheers for that Grim :yep: most of went over my head but some went in :)

Peace & Happy growing

Mrm :v:

How do mate.....looking good. Still waiting on mine.

I believe it's called Trifoliate check it......... mutant

Easy :wacko:

Edited by Cambium

Good luck to you GG!! This competition is getting tougher with each day... :ouch: Single strain grow, hmmm, interesting. :wink: Really keen to see how your girls develop and hope you get some tasty phenotypes in the mix. That little freak has funny looks. i had a trinod plant, but from clone and nothing like what you got... I wonder what will happen next with this little freak.

AT lol

Edited by AustrianTokker

Ok man! its a Mutant, freak, outcast, throwback :( We will see :D

I started preparing for these babies this morning, i pulled up a load of paving slabs in the greenhouse to give me access to a six feet square plot of what was the garden before i built a greenhouse on it.

Started to double dig this and intend on adding a couple hundred litres of Irish peat moss into the mix.

post-40467-1247221636_thumb.jpg

Nice info there.. never had one of those meself..

Started to double dig this and intend on adding a couple hundred litres of Irish peat moss into the mix.

woah... serious. :wink:

man you dont mess about do ya they will be huge if you let them in there.

you gonna force flower them ?

Nice info there.. never had one of those meself..

woah... serious. :headbang:

Yeah! Fairly serious.

man you dont mess about do ya they will be huge if you let them in there.

you gonna force flower them ?

Not so sure about them getting huge, dont have much summer left to veg. au natural until harvest, no forcing.

200lt of irish moss peat dug in and watered on regular basis to soak through before the babies go in the ground.

pH is hovering above the 6 mark, looks good to me, the only worry is that the plot is on the site of an old bonfire so theres alot of ash and carbonised wood in the soil.

post-40467-1247316001_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1247316016_thumb.jpg

Guest Healthystealthy

All looking great grimble grumble fella :wink:

looking forward to watching them inside out likes lol should be interesting & great idea sticking them right into the ground :headbang:

all the best with your grow man,

good luck

Healthy :yinyang:

Some work gone in there mate :D Good goin' :pirate:

Your not wrong there fella, fecking sweated me bollox off in there yesterday.

hi grim

looking lovely there m8

Woowoo man :rofl: Hows it hangin fella

I've got myself a bit of a lazy Black jack so she's going under a 250 enviro for the night. Night night 420 :yinyang:

post-40467-1247351025_thumb.jpg