Sweet Seeds Competition Grow Diary

Grimble Grumble

Just been down to check the baby and it still has'nt sprung into action, i had a closer look and found the cotyledons stuck together with the remaining piece of seed case.

A bit of seedling surgery and the cotyledons sprung free :rolleyes:

finished preparing the plot last night and measured out spaces for 9 seedlings with 18 inches between them, only eight planted in the ground so far, just going to wait another day for the lazy Jack to show its first set of true leaves.

This diary is starting to intergrate with my Nepalese diary a bit so i'll have to apologize for getting a bit side tracked.

I only have what i believe to be one female Nepalese, leaving me 2 cuts that are going in the same plot as the Blackjack.

post-40467-1247388446_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1247388491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grimble Grumble

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grimble Grumble

• smiffy22toke

• AustrianToker

• Mr Mullen

What are the 2 pictured in the back mate? I would love to be able to grow a little patch like that without neighbours interfearing, your very lucky good job.

Nepalese mate, click the sig.

Edited by Grimble Grumble

Really like your freakazoid! :yahoo: Can't wait to see that one grow big!

Your nepalese have nice looks as well. Quite lanky, aren't they? Too bad you didn't get any more girls in the mix....

I reckon you got about one month of veg left... Your black jack aren't going to be very tall. I recommend you take cuttings from your jacks and keep a mother, who knows, you might take the game indoors...

AT :yep:

He'll Grim,

Looking great dude ;) ,

Lovely plot you got there.

Cheers Mr M

Mrm :rofl:

Its really nice to not have to worry about potting on and getting compost and liquid fertz, just straight in the ground is good for me, its what the greenhouse was origionally intended for, i was going to have a raised bed but would have lost most of my head height so ground level is good for me.

Really like your freakazoid! lol Can't wait to see that one grow big!

Your nepalese have nice looks as well. Quite lanky, aren't they? Too bad you didn't get any more girls in the mix....

I reckon you got about one month of veg left... Your black jack aren't going to be very tall. I recommend you take cuttings from your jacks and keep a mother, who knows, you might take the game indoors...

AT ;)

Nice of you to drop in mate ;)

I concider myself quite lucky to have a freakazoid, might be something special, then again it might be a runt.

The neps are "well" lankey, 6-7 inches between nodes, not for the faint hearted, i already had a male top 6 feet tall, hoping these two have finished bolting and are filling out a bit.

I might save two mothers when the Blackjack starts to show some personallity lol

Grimble Grumble :wassnnme:

cool :yep:

Day 16

All looking good, got a bit of a problem with weeds (not the smoking kind) which is getting a bit of a daily routine, i'v been hoeing the top surface once a day to stop any new seedlings popping up.

post-40467-1248431497_thumb.jpg

I'v got an osillating fan blowing across them 12 hours a day to strenghten and harden off, this is costing me 0.169 pence per hour to run, using 0.016 kilowatts p/h and 0.007kg/h Green house gas, about £7.40 a year.

The 250 blue enviro i used to bring on the lazy jack costs me 1.860 pence/hour which was used for about 24 hours costing me £0.44 taking the cost of this grow to a grand total of £7.84

The 250 blue enviro uses 0.177kw/h and produces 0.076kg/h Green house gas :smoke:

post-40467-1248433175_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1248433222_thumb.jpg

Tipped out its 4th node this morning, lets see if it splits into 3 :guitar:

post-40467-1248433437_thumb.jpg all the rest remain intact for now.

looking good,and put sum copper tape around the base of each seedling ,as the slugs and snails will eat em up,as i have had the same problem,good luck to ya,and its good to see them outdoors m8

These are gonna be beasts :woot: for sure with all that root space.....Will be watching closely :B):

:stoned:

Hi Lennon, i think your right mate :blub: i was hoping they were going to stay small :D

Cheers for dropping in :)

looking good,and put sum copper tape around the base of each seedling ,as the slugs and snails will eat em up,as i have had the same problem,good luck to ya,and its good to see them outdoors m8

Nice tip that ,i'll look aroud next time i'm at the garden centre, got control of the bugs with westlands bug attack after suffering some leaf damage in the night, something got hungry and nipped the tip off one the leaves :ouch:

They seem to be getting more stretchy than the ones i'v seen under lights about the same age.

post-40467-1248650384_thumb.jpg

Day 23

smokie1 b c f c

Not sure but i guess copper pipe will give me the same effect on the slimey critters as that copper tape you talk about smokie.

I cut some 15mm pipe down its length and flattened it, then rolled it round a broom stick and folded the edges over with a pair of pliers, seems to be doing the trick.

post-40467-1249050373_thumb.jpg