Sweet Seeds Competition Grow Diary

Grimble Grumble

Sorry for the lack of updates, life has taken priority over my little hobby for a while so sitting on the computer has taken the back seat. Work, cars, baby and sleep have taken over.

Life's too short people, make the most of it, it runs out quick. One life man.

All the Jack has been dried and jarred. I think about a ounce and a half from each plant, nothing to shout about i know but the quality of smoke it very good.

Given the UK climate i think they have done very well in the greenhouse, some of the best outdoor weed i have grown to date, very dense buds fully coated in resin, real sticky.

not sure about the yield claims though, maybe given the space, left un-topped with maximum sunshine in sunny spain the yield may be what is claimed.

I yielded about 36g from each plant. No overall figure sorry.

post-40467-1259057365_thumb.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grimble Grumble

• smiffy22toke

• AustrianToker

• Mr Mullen

Last night we bubbled the trim with some nice results

The trim always gets bubbled wet, i had some bud rot aswell so about a quarter of buds went into the mix.

Decided to use 4 bags this time, 220, 190, 75, 45.

post-40467-1259057993_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1259058102_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1259058174_thumb.jpg

Smoked some first thing this morning and i can say its very nice, warm tingly waves of warmness up the spine followed by a nice clear high with plenty of inspiration. Very nice.

Edited by Grimble Grumble

Plant #5

Well shitty sweet smelling this plant

post-40467-1257557106_thumb.jpgpost-40467-1257557119_thumb.jpg

That looks sweet mate,strongest poison comes in small bottles :guitar:

, hows the smell/taste give me a clue?! did you dry it yet ,smoked?

, hows the smell/taste give me a clue?! did you dry it yet ,smoked?

Hi Herbal Kint, nice of you to drop in, smells luverly mate, top notch, something you would find in the dam maybe, connoisseur weed, hard to describe.

Smells like sherbet in the jar, hazy sherbet, smokes like burnt candy with a musty hazy under tone.

I like to compare strains to each other but finding it hard to compare anything to this, its got its own unique smell. I smoked jack herer in the dam this summer and the Blackjack has the same soapy hashy haze smell.

I didn't however get to smoke Black domina so Can't 'go compare' with that. the next weed closest is super silver but not as hazy, the shit smell raises its head when you let a joint go out in the ash tray, real sick sweet smell.

Leaves a real strong hashy taste on the tongue long after a joint.

But then thats just my un-educated palate, i'll get a mate to give me some feedback on it. :spliff:

Withnail, talk soon mate :smoke:

We opened a new jar last night and the smells are all different / but the same if that makes any sense.

This is Joe's opinion

A fresh menthol, eucalyptus pine sativa that clears your nose, piney menthal with sweet sherbet.

Smooth smoking with an instant hit

post-40467-1259144597_thumb.jpg

Onwards with the next generation of Seeds, NepalesexBlackjack. Seeds from the three leafed mutant are the first to be tested to hopefully capture the 3 leafed gene.

This kinda sums it up for me.

Got to say thanks to Sweet seeds for the free seeds, its been a pleasure putting some of your offerings to the test. I chose the strain i wanted to grow and it has fulfilled my expectation to the full, as they say, "Does exactly what is says on the tin"

9/10 Sweet seeds. top germination, great growth rate, heavy resin production, thick dense buds of love

Not necessarily a plant i would grow in the green house again due to the heavy dense bud formation and slight possibility of bud rot. Pure sativa's growing in the same environment have not suffered the same fate.

• 5 months later...

Nice report on each of the individual Black Jack's,hope same flavours under my CFL s in 9 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations buddy i see you have surpast the growing in our climate and well its got to be handed to you for getting some real nice looking budz and nice rich looking bubble i hope things are good and what is your next grow going to be if you are deciding to grow again. It shows with you m8 that iff you do keep fighting the good fight you get what you put in and it shows buddy stay safe and always remember we love your results have a nice big cone for me bud from a true friend smiffy.