Is 'Soap Bar' dangerous ?

splan

The Soap round here isn't as terrible as some of the stuff described on here (though I stopped smoking it as it was still pretty rank), it smells ok and ya still get giggles, munchies etc...

There was some stuff called 'Formula' though which I doubt had any weed in it at all.... when ya burned it, it just bubbled and popped with blackish smoke coming off it :/

I been smoking "pot" for many years. Neally 10 actually! and the majority of it has been hash but the last 3-4 years it could only be described as soap. Very soapy soap!

I dont know exactly where our stuff comes from, probaly Liverpool as the line of dealers do get more scouse, anyway the pot for a good 6 years now has been of low quality falling to donkey shite quality.The seals change on the bars but for the lsat 6 year they have always been the same shape, they always have the same knife mark in the back, in the same place too. It burns in the same, always tasted like sand and has always made me drowsy. I can now say that it is definatly soap too. Its as black as your hat on the outside but almost yellow on the inside. My point is although ive bought pot from a few differnt suppliers I think it has ALWAYS come from the same factory.

The only time ive had anything different is when we got a batch from London. It was named "pollen" but I never go by the names people tell me any more, thier always wrong. The stuff can best be described as hash. That was not very long ago, it was expensive though. It had to be sold for £100 oz which proved to be very difficult to persuade the punters to buy over a £40 oz of "soap"

Ive recently met a grower who can manage to give me a few oz a week. More money is made off 2 oz of this very very good white widow than a whole bar of soap. The white widow is sold at full price.... £20 1/8 and goes instantly. People are turned down often.

I do think soap is going under.... slowly.

Someone posted that in '94 18% of dope was homegrown,(I imagine that is seized dope) yet at a later date (cant remember, possibly '00 but could have been '98) the figure rose to 48%.

Why? A wider range of people could smoke it, increasing the chance of seizer, people are simply fonder of skunk or resin is just getting worse and people are noticing. Ignore the increasing popularity, percentages dont lie as long as the age ratios in the country stay the same.

There is no way this skunk would have sold at £20 an 1/8 so quickly even when resin cost £15. The market has changed so much lately. Its not just cos ive grown out of my teens and so have my punters, I still get phone calls from spotty 15 year olds wanting a layon. Even on their stupidly low wages they want skunk.

It is simply because of the big time untouchables. Simple as.

Gangsters have made money in so many differnt ways over the years. But in the 20-30 have discovered drugs.The money from drugs is an almost unbeleivable multplication of the money made by more conventional means of organised or wahtever you wanna call it. Why the hell would someone want to sell say 10 potatoes for £10 when you can sell 5 for £10. Its all about the money. Maby cos thier stupid but most big time eads aint.

The only way you could get hash back to standards is to rig your own import (I think its too risky too) or make your own.

If simply getting everyone to stop buying the soap the main suppliers can either incease the quality or lower the price. They will lower the price and slowly lower the quality all over again, like the have done the past 5-6 years at least. Sorting your own imprt from Morroco would be easier than that though. Look at pills, i dont take them but ive had friends say they would sack thier £1.50 per pill off and pay £20 or even more for an old type pill that you could get back in the '80s.

The only way to get a good smoke at a good price is to sack any dealers you have off and to grow your own. It is the only way. Make some hash if you like but why would you wanna do that if you have a bud sat in front of you?

I know that aint as easy as it sounds but its easier than you may think. Most people hre know that anyway.

O and as for resin being addictive and green not... im with that 100%. You never know, if its made in the east where opium is cheaper than clean water it could have a bit of that in too, it dont half knock you out and make you look a clown resin!

Bloody hell i didnt relise how much I just typed, sorry dudes.

Thats cool man - very interesting reading. We're all coming to similar conclusions, and were spreading the word. People will sit up and open their eyes. A market for quality exists, and i've started to see a new type of dealer - they know the strain, who grew it, what the highs like. They know they can charge premium because people want the quality. Who knows - maybe thats how all dealers start - then they get jaded and greedy - or maybe threatened by a local gang in to stopping or selling for them. I'm rambling now too! :angry::rolleyes:

NIckme- you make some very valid points, people need to stop using these dealers who just sell any old shite to make money, but as for why people would want hash when they have buds ....:woot: believe it or not some people actually prefer hash :o yes shock horror gasp. I must say i have a (slight) inclination towards hash, but then again it would depend what type of hash or strain of weed to choose from. Hope i ain't shocked ya too much mate :(

take it easy

Hmmm....I feel ill.

I have been smoking now for some 26 years! Unfortunately most of that time it's been solid hash. I can now relate to why I have slowly gone off it. For years we have been lamenting the old days, saying things like: "oh remember the hash of old? You just can't get it like that anymore...but nevermind at least it's cheap now..." Now i know why.

There have always been rumours and urban myths about the content of what we are injesting, but I'm afraid it all makes sense now, at least in the last few years when there has been the chioce of just black or soap :/

Ahh well, I'm still alive.....for now.

Can't wait till my rooms finished even more now and I can smoke the pure 'erb :P

Nomy

• 3 weeks later...

When I used to smoke soapbar it made me ill in the head like a hangover.

I remember in the eighties and early ninties that there was real soapbar and it smell really good, like flowers. Can anyone remember that?

I also think that the reason "hash" has become so cheap is that the gangsters or dealers if you prefer, are more into selling smack and that is sadly becoming the drug of choice in the estates of Scotland.

If you buy by the oz or 1/2 it is likely that the deal will contain a full cross section of the bar. Soap bars deals  have the rounded edge on both ends of the cut.

I have notice this too btw, it must be th shit and the hash seperating.

• 3 months later...

there is a section, in some free cannabis newspaper called softsecrets, that gives a good equal balenced analysis of soap bar, persanly i think is sooooo anoying u cant buy good quality hash in this country, and dog bar downgrades the image of cannibis and it tastes like shite.

• 2 months later...

ive been gettin hash mainly since i started smokin bout 3 or 4 years ago as this was all there was near me until about half a year ago. it's very cheap, mostly fairly crap (not very strong, bits of plastic n shit in and occasionally bad effects like headaches and sickness) but sometimes you can get nice stuff from liverpool or manchester like sputnik. theres a regular supply of top too, but i havent had the pleasurse of trying it. hash aint always a bad thing, its just much of it is shit and so it all gets that label. finally, has anyone heard of hash #1 ? i know of skunk #1, i have a friend who says he can get something called hash #1, maybe its made from the crap left over from a skunk #1 harvest? £315 a bar for it, i can get cheap hash for £260 bar and top for bout £300 so was wandering whether hash #1 existed and if so if it's worth paying more for?

Never heard of hash1 - IMO it sounds like bollocks. I reckon it's been at least 10years since I smoked any decent hash in this country from a dealer.

The only decent stuff comes from growers who make their own. I don't think any grower would sell that stuff anyhow, it is afterall the mutts nutts!

buFFon

The soapbar where i live isnt as bad as some people describeon here but is preety bad still. After a decent quality you get giggles/paranoia/munchies and other general weed type qualities. the high isnt too far away from homegrown/brought skunk but is much less clear and fuzzyer, However ive smoked propper soapbar before and it really is shit. However the best weed i have vere had was hash brought from a soapbar dealer, he was selling it at standard soapbar prices. it was called sputnick and after two bongs i couldnt move and thought the ceiling was about to fall on me. However things got strange and I had a prolonged conversation with a dog, and started saying my name was tim. After telling my mates i was told some dealer had been selling weed cut with opium to try and get people addicted to his weed. To this day i still dont know if it was just a strange reaction to nice hash or opium. The moral of the story is dont trust soapbar dealers

you get a "high" from the chemical's they put in it........

puttin opium in soapbar, i dont believe it,always put it down to urban myth,

dealers are dealers, why make a product dearer to produce then flog it for the same price......?when they can put paint thinner,terpintine,beeswax and loads of other crap.......

cheers

sittingrelaxing

i think this may really have been cut with something like opium, it came from smackheads n from the dodgiest part of town...

the ecomnonic's dont work out,

you get more money for your opium keeping and selling it as opium..........than putting it in shitbar............

cheers

sittingrelaxing

Hi,

Im with sittinrelaxing on this one, ive never heard of anyone even selling opium in the UK, and id imagine that if it did come around that it would fetch a fair price per gram, alot more than the £1-2 a gram that soap costs, aparently some of the manali / malana in amsterdam is supposedly cut with opium but if you look at the prices these are normally the most expensive hashes on the menu.

peace

Chilli

It is Extremely unlikely you will ever find hash cut with opium.

Like SR says, the economics don't work. Moreover, why on earth would anyone risk a Class A sentence for a Class B herb?

Some say Temple Ball is laced. If it were, it would no longer be Temple Ball! No, just a myth to raise the interest, I'm afraid.

One thing I have found: Hash smuggled in a bag of morphine base {c.1972}. Hash had a "white mold", which was in fact the residue of the morphine base. Whew!!! :stoned::stoned::stoned: