Is 'Soap Bar' dangerous ?

splan

I gave up soap a few months ago, I only ever smoked it for financial reasons, but I got bored of the nasty little headache it gives you and the rank smell!!. The final straw was when the only stuff available had earned itself the nickname 'diesel', for very obvious reasons. I really cant believe people smoke shit called diesel!!

I had problems quitting to be honest though, i just couldnt get used to the idea of, 'id rather have nothing than smoke soap' as so many of you think.  Simple solution really though, make sure I dont have nothing, then I wont need soap!! (that plan almost failed yesterday, but everything is green again!!)

Im fussy now, wont let mates use their soap in my bong rather have to do all the bongs myself with my weed!!

:oldtoker:

• 2 weeks later...

:mad:

Some site this YEAH. Red this "type" of thing before.Soapbar

is another way of saying "FUCK THE BRITISH" I'm by no means a Right Winger (I joined the Anti Natzi League in 1978). You would'nt see anybody else paying GOOD money after BAD apart from the BRITISH (AND WHY-- BECAUSE WE FUCKING DO). I feel embarressed sometimes when I talk to  people from other places,they can't believe the crap we get SOLD??  (more like

sold out). I'll leave you with a thought WHY IS THERE ONLY ONE MONOPOLIES COMMISSION????

KEEP IT GREEN.

The Fly.  :peace:

I'm afraid that all I can get hold of is nothing more than Soap, but I'm not entirely sure if it is soap or possibly hash! I have a very strong suspicion it's soap, but if that is the case then I've probably never had proper hash. I try to get green when I can but in the area I live in it's usually just soap I can get.

Does anyone know of any ways to tell the difference between soap and hash? I wish I had a Digital Camera to post what it looks like.

Some easy tests:

Simmer a little peice in water, if water turns yellow or green or whatever, its contaminated.

Rock hard?? If you cant get a blade through an 8th without heating it, bad sign!

Taste?? Soap tastes like a kind of dull rusty metalic vegtable to me.

If it needs alot of heat to crumble, its bad! If when your crumbling it quickly hardens and binds back together... then thats shite aswell.

£50 an ounce or under = soapbar

:oldtoker:

Some easy tests:

Simmer a little peice in water, if water turns yellow or green or whatever, its contaminated.

Rock hard?? If you cant get a blade through an 8th without heating it, bad sign!

Taste?? Soap tastes like a kind of dull rusty metalic vegtable to me.

If it needs alot of heat to crumble, its bad! If when your crumbling it quickly hardens and binds back together... then thats shite aswell.

£50 an ounce or under = soapbar

:angry:

Ooh! There's hope yet! I've not tried the simmering it in a piece of water but the rest indicates it might be hash. I know I can get 1 Oz for £70 aswell so it could be real!

:)

Don't want to piss on your chips digi but I would still suspect that it is soap you are getting and unfortunately you are probally being ripped of as well.

Good hash is quite rare and real hash at 70 quid an oz it is about as common as rocking horse droppings.

Even for exceptable pollem expect to pay 120 an oz.

The test I use is a simple one, if you can smoke loads and loads all night then it is soap.

Two or three good spliffs of proper hash will keep most people quiet for a while.

I may be wrong but at 70 an oz I doubt it.

PS

Another fair indication is the shape of the block.

If you buy by the oz or 1/2 it is likely that the deal will contain a full cross section of the bar. Soap bars deals  have the rounded edge on both ends of the cut.

Hash cut from a 9bar or ball will not. Not definitive but a good indicator.

You weren't pissing on my parade scotweed, as I'm pretty certain now it's soap I've been getting, not hash, and if I would've bought 1 Oz for the price I've been offered it at (£70) I would've been one ripped off mo-fo. It has all the symptoms of soap and I've asked a few more experienced tokers and their response was "Soap". Although one person I spoke to thought soap was just another form of hash like "Morroccon Black".

Can someone just verify that soap is not just another form of hash?

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever smoked real hash as the soap I'm getting at the moment is pretty much the same as I've ever been getting.

Even when I knew the contents of soap I continued to smoke it for financial reasons and because I was ignorant and thought "It still gets me stoned!". That's where I was wrong, like someone wisely pointed out somewhere recently it doesn't get you stoned or high, it just bombs you out giving you a thick head and often gives very painful headaches or chest/heart pain. The only resemblance to being stoned is the giggles (which don't happen everytime on soap) and the fact you're not sober, just tanked up on shitty chemicals. I think the hallucinations I talked about in Smoker's Lounge/Stoner Stories were due to the chemicals in soap, not cannabis.

I'll just have to go a little longer between smokes if I'm just buying skunk, and my bank account will have to be stretched a little further.

Soap actually refers to the shape of the slab of cannabis resin powders once they have been pressed, sometimes they are known as plaques. But the term "soap" in the UK refers to a nasty hash imitation. Like the way we call all buds skunk, we call all shitty imitation hash soap.

May i also add (for those who think you have to pay £120)...there is hope, i had a oz of maroccon hash for £80, it was clean and a very nice smoke too.

Trust me it wasn't soap (i know my hashes) :D

But that was a one off.... so back to the green ...it's a hard life :rolleyes:

Guest Account Closed

hi digital

moroccan black is just another name for soapbar.

neither are worthy of being called hash

KC333. I agreee...

there i ssome nice blonde soft Moroccan about for 80£ round here too...

Mono....x

• 2 weeks later...
:curse:

Soap keeps the wolf from the door in times of DIRE NEED.

Yes, but only just!!! Soapbar is feckin' terrible, contaminated, weak, shite, but needs must at times...

The sooner I can get growing, the better. :huh:

Everyone needs to visit Amsterdam, then they'll never touch soap. Thats what happened to me what with also having moved to London from Cornwall.

I would say soap IS dangerous, well the soap I have encountered anyway, made me feel like what I assume a heroin junkie would feel like and I certainly looked like one at times.

Would anyone care to agree with me that soap is actually addictive, whereas I find weed is not.

regards.

zyjk

Would anyone care to agree with me that soap is actually addictive, whereas I find weed is not.

Whoooa... That one made me think..

Since I've been on the green, (?howlong?) i don't feel the 'need' AS much...

I can go without a joint when I want one, but only if I've got some in..

Whereas before (with soap) I'd be skinning and doin endless pipes all night.. I WAS SEVERELY addicted. I'd say I spend 6 hours a day smoking soap..

Now we just have a toot, chat, great evening....