Flushing In Hydro

Owderb

if you really must ph your water (like me and your really anal about the little things like this) and still want to eliminate the phosphurus from your water in the last days of flushing canna do a nitric acid ph down!!!!!!!

i heard of using vinegar or lemon juice as a ph down.

so as my ph down solution is phosphorous - i shouldnt use this in the final flush? my tap water is about 7.2 will this be ok to use?

so to put all this in layman's terms, what your saying is we should flush pure water regardless if the PH is a bit high?

• Like 1

dont want to add acid at this stage , just water if you must

thanks jiffa

so i guess going from say a PH of 6 to 7 (or higher) isnt going to shock the gal?

and as a layman, am i right in thinking the reason why we need to adjust the PH is just to allow nutrient uptake?

yes mate and as you aint giving her nutes , no need

also vinegar or lemon juice aint as stable as the acid . stick with the acid its cheap enough

Guest Robert Plant

got another q regarding this flushing method Owd :unsure: ,

ive been dropping down my feed for the 2 weeks, i started off the 2 weeks with an ec of 1.3 made up of 50/50 grow bloom dropping it down to start the last week with just a ml grow(gave me an ec of 0.6,my base ec is around 0.3)and the last 3-4 days my girls have had plain water only. thing is none of the leaves have started to go yellow, does this mean that they still have nutes in thier system? :guitar:

i was ment to be starting to harvest them over today and tomorow, so should i just go ahead and chop or should i keep on with the plain water till they start to yellow a bit.

ive used this system before and alway got signs of yellowing after 2 days.

:spliff:

Edited by Robert Plant

i started off the 2 weeks with an ec of 1.3 made up of 50/50 grow bloom dropping it down to start the last week with just a ml grow(gave me an ec of 0.6,my base ec is around 0.3)and the last 3-4 days my girls have had plain water only

Which is exactly whats supposed to happen mate

That tells me that your plants are not and havent been stressed and they should have reached their full potential

No need to wait for plants to go yellow

Let me know when youve dried your bud how the taste is and hopefully how well it burns

Owd

• Like 1

Also dont forget that plants want cropping on trych colour and not leaf colour

Whether the plant is ready or not after the flushing period is down to your timing on starting the flushing

If the plants trychs say its ready then crop but if not just leave them on water

Owd

• Like 3

Guest Robert Plant

aye mate thats sound :blub: ,

because they are from seed i had to kinda guess my timings but i started the 2 week drop down once i saw a few cloudy tychs, figuring that'd give em enough time to peak whilst not over doing it ,or on the other hand, having to give em water for ages coz i started too soon :D

so heres hoping my thoery of timings has worked, im going clone only next time, much simpler :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Robert Plant

ok my buds are all dry bar one plant and they were on a staggerd harvest, the ones that came down first tasted a bit chemicaly tbh and as i get to the ones that were on plain water for slightly longer the tastes far better, they all burned pretty well though. but i think the problem aint with the flushing method i think it was down to the nutes i was using they were Green Haze and actually ment for nft, they are well concentrated and i ran at a high ec.

not that im gonna use those nutes again, if i did i would still use this method of gradually reducing the feed i would just give them a week of plain water before i chopped em.

Edited by Robert Plant

• 2 weeks later...

Usually I flush with plain water the last seven days of hydro with a known strain.Soil I back off the nutes the 4th week of flowering with a 9 week strain and use plain water the last 5 weeks and I put the girls in complete darknest for 24 hours on the last day with no problems.I have found some sativa dominant hybrids need to be flushed longer in hydro than others.Johnny Blaze needs to be flushed 3-4 weeks in soil before harvest.If not you will get a slight ammonia smell.This smell is just one sign that your girls were not flushed properly.One more thing you really need to cut nitrogen out completely during the middle of flowering.

• Like 2

Usually I flush with plain water the last seven days of hydro with a known strain.Soil I back off the nutes the 4th week of flowering with a 9 week strain and use plain water the last 5 weeks and I put the girls in complete darknest for 24 hours on the last day with no problems.I have found some sativa dominant hybrids need to be flushed longer in hydro than others.Johnny Blaze needs to be flushed 3-4 weeks in soil before harvest.If not you will get a slight ammonia smell.This smell is just one sign that your girls were not flushed properly.One more thing you really need to cut nitrogen out completely during the middle of flowering.

Sorry i know folk have their own ways and opinions but are you having a laugh

Flushing for 5 weeks after only feeding for 4......Give over :yinyang:

Owd

• Like 4